What have you done today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got a nostril one. It does look kinda funky but it feels.... Weird
ive got 2 piercings in my nostril and have had them for about 15 years and yep feels really weird at first but you’ll soon forget they are there. Glad you like it though. Piercings do get addictive I find. I’ve got 13 now 😂

Today’s plans are more decorating I think and drinking all the water and cranberry I can to flush my system of the blasted cystitis. It’s all glamour in my life I tell you 😂
For getting the new job I treated myself to a hotel chocolate velvetiser and it arrived yesterday so I’m going to try it out and have a yummy hot choc and croissant for my brekkie today 🥳

Happy Sunday all!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wasn’t quite out of the woods when I posted this, my day ended up being really crappy. My mother is sick, not sure whether it’s a stomach bug, COVID or something else, so I had to leave my class early and will now have to study the material myself. Then I tried making plans with some friends of mine and all of them are ignoring me, I know I’m probably overthinking it but I feel weird and clingy. I don’t even need much, but it would be nice if somebody actually remembered that I exist and asked me how I’m doing from time to time, you know? Well, my new tan is horrible and stripy anyway, so it might be for the good that I’m not going out.

I received some bad news from uni today, will have to drive there tomorrow (sic) in order to sort everything out.

I hope you all are having/had a better Saturday than me! ❤

@Meangirl815: What sort of piercing did you get? Nostril, septum or something else? I’m sorry to hear about your panic attack, I have them too and they suck! Hope you are okay 💕

@AnderbeauJohnson: What a beautiful flower! Is it a wild orchid? Looks like one to me 🌺

@Phoenix Lazarus: Wow, that’s exciting! Good luck!
I think it was an orchid but I'm not certain what type - I hope your mum gets better and your uni stuff gets sorted out quickly ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello thread, how are you all doing?

Feeling drained and exhausted today, yesterday was weird. I had a breakdown and a crying fit that just wouldn't end. Had to ice my eyes and freaking chin and jaw today because my face muscles are painfully sore, yikes. I guess that whole thing took a lot out of me because I ended up having two breakfasts and a snack and then lunch today and I'm only now starting to feel like I won't faint some time soon. Spent my morning is blissful silence, watched an episode of Scrubs, killed some time on Youtube, dusted and vacuumed the flat, blanched and froze some spinach that was looking a bit lonely in the fridge so it wouldn't rot in the drawer... Took a cold shower because the weather is tit, it's too warm. Starting to get a headache and feeling snacky again, I guess today will be one of those days. I'll cut up some cucumbers and I think I'll rewatch Mona Lisa Smile again, need something familiar and comforting. My head is the epitome of "no thoughts just vibes", I could barely get this out for the thread, not sure how I'll spend the rest of the day. Heat always leaves me listless and tired, I don't know how people feel energised during summer.

Edit: happy late birthday @Meangirl815 and hope your family is recovering fast @bolimepipi 💗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi guys

Not even sure why I'm doing an update tbf as i have nothing to say.

I've had my 2nd panic attack in 3 days, followed by a period of high adrenaline. Not quite sure what's going on but trying not to think about it or i will overthink it and maybe make it worse.
Had to get an emergency HRT prescription yesterday, which was a different brand to my normal. Maybe its that, maybe its the jab, maybe its just one of those things 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mr M on a 12hr shift at work today but then off for 16 days. I have middle kids 7th birthday this week so lots of plans for that.

For today tho we are all doing our own thing but together. Eldest playing sims on PlayStation, middle colouring in, youngest on the switch. I'm catching up on here then about to get my head in a book and see if I can find my love of reading again

Happy Sunday all

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hope everyone feels better soon.

I haven't posted for ages as I have nothing to say really. Going to go with it for one more day then try to make some changes. I think I'll make a list of small and big things and maybe try to get stuck into some over the summer.

It's pay day and I desperately need to cut back my spending too.

• Heart
Hello thread, how are you all doing?

Feeling drained and exhausted today, yesterday was weird. I had a breakdown and a crying fit that just wouldn't end. Had to ice my eyes and freaking chin and jaw today because my face muscles are painfully sore, yikes. I guess that whole thing took a lot out of me because I ended up having two breakfasts and a snack and then lunch today and I'm only now starting to feel like I won't faint some time soon. Spent my morning is blissful silence, watched an episode of Scrubs, killed some time on Youtube, dusted and vacuumed the flat, blanched and froze some spinach that was looking a bit lonely in the fridge so it wouldn't rot in the drawer... Took a cold shower because the weather is tit, it's too warm. Starting to get a headache and feeling snacky again, I guess today will be one of those days. I'll cut up some cucumbers and I think I'll rewatch Mona Lisa Smile again, need something familiar and comforting. My head is the epitome of "no thoughts just vibes", I could barely get this out for the thread, not sure how I'll spend the rest of the day. Heat always leaves me listless and tired, I don't know how people feel energised during summer.

Edit: happy late birthday @Meangirl815 and hope your family is recovering fast @bolimepipi 💗
sorry to hear you’re feeling like this, sending love. Hope you’re feeling much better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve ended up picking up work that I couldn’t get to last week that needed to be completed for tomorrow so I’ve lost half my Sunday 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht I’m so sorry you had such a difficult day yesterday. I hope your mum is better soon and that you’re able to catch up with Uni work. 🧡
@lemonlime sending love and hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you 💛
@bolimepipi I know it shouldn’t be funny but the story of your mum eating the out of date cheese did make me chuckle 😂 hope your dad is better soon!

This weekend has been so busy and I feel drained. I’ve only been home about 15 hours since Friday and that was just to sleep. Legit feel like I’m being pulled in so many different directions sometimes and I need a lot of alone time which I’ve not had at all this weekend. Plus the weekend has been much more expensive than anticipated and I’m poor now until the end of the month.

However I did buy this amazing doughnut from Morrisons the other day and I took a photo to share with you - if any of you are near a Morrisons, you need one of these! It’s a glazed doughnut with soft brownie pieces on top. I probably should have taken a photo of the actual doughnut rather than the box but my greedy “must eat everything now” brain didn’t think that far ahead.
24C0D77B-232C-4D6E-9976-226635551943.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
hi all 💗

not much to report, had a lie in after yesterday's exhausting day, and then bf and i made brunch & harvested some veggies from the balcony 🍅🧅

B1DF5921-394C-4389-A6A7-8AF0F57048FA.jpeg

i'm still dreaming about that omelette. then had coffee and a ciggie on the balcony then plonked myself on the couch and stayed there for way too long 🐷 only did a few quick emails and messages for work. needed a rest before a manic week ahead of me!

we had a big tidy and then bf popped a freezer pizza in the oven. had a slice and 5000 liters of water. it's way too hot for anything!

my sister's isolation ended today so she's finally coming over in half an hour and i can give her a hug 🥰

oh and bf and i booked a weekend trip to an island in a few weeks when he's off work! 🌴

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello everyone - reducing internet is being mostly successful so far, instead of my weekend feeling like it was a few hours long it feels like I've been off work for a week - I'm definitely feeling less stressed about going back tomorrow than I usually do!

I've realised though that no matter how hard I try, I'm not going to be able to budget when paying for everything by card - there is just some sort of mental disconnect there where it doesn't feel like money money. Especially with contactless payments. So I've got out some cash for Mon-Sun next week, it's a pretty generous budget but it is lots less than I have been frittering away and I'll see how I get on with it.

It was so strange holding money, I haven't had any since the pandemic started and I forgot what it looked like :LOL:

I also got my referral to the mental health team through and they sent me the old 'how depressed are you in the last two weeks' questionnaire - I've done it a fair few times over the years and this is the least depressed answers I've ever given, which was a really nice surprise.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@AnderbeauJohnson is this with IAPT? If so, I am overly familiar with those questionnaires 😔 I found them really hard to answer because my mood could change rapidly on those two weeks and it was a nightmare trying to explain that with a number.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@AnderbeauJohnson is this with IAPT? If so, I am overly familiar with those questionnaires 😔 I found them really hard to answer because my mood could change rapidly on those two weeks and it was a nightmare trying to explain that with a number.
I don't think so - it was this one where it 'not at all, some days, most days and every day'

It made me realise that the answers that for years used to be 'every day' are now 'some days' and answers that I used to say 'some days' are now 'not at all', it was really nice to be able to see how things have improved so much, and it's definitely spurring me on to keep going and trying to improve things more.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello everyone!
Not posted in awhile as i haven't been up to much other overtime at work and not really do much else!

I cant even post any colouring as i haven't been myself but its a new month, one whole year yesterday since I've been single and haven't spoke to my ex in a year so not gonna lie im a mess but ive survived the last year and that's achievement it's self and i had my 2nd jab today!

Hope everyone is well and everyone that is feeling low etc your not alone 💜💜💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 14
hi all 💗

not much to report, had a lie in after yesterday's exhausting day, and then bf and i made brunch & harvested some veggies from the balcony 🍅🧅

View attachment 691570

i'm still dreaming about that omelette. then had coffee and a ciggie on the balcony then plonked myself on the couch and stayed there for way too long 🐷 only did a few quick emails and messages for work. needed a rest before a manic week ahead of me!

we had a big tidy and then bf popped a freezer pizza in the oven. had a slice and 5000 liters of water. it's way too hot for anything!

my sister's isolation ended today so she's finally coming over in half an hour and i can give her a hug 🥰

oh and bf and i booked a weekend trip to an island in a few weeks when he's off work! 🌴
This is brunch goals 😍😍 brunch at mine is a slice of toast and a cup of tea cos I missed breakfast haha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lie in
Long walk with dogs
Prepped dinner (slow cooked brisket)
Gardening (weeding veg patch, dig up potatoes, re-potted some stuff, cleared up driveway)
General quick housework
Had a nap
Did an ASOS shop
Ate dinner
Drinking wine and watching TV

• Heart
  • Haha
Lie in
Long walk with dogs
Prepped dinner (slow cooked brisket)
Gardening (weeding veg patch, dig up potatoes, re-potted some stuff, cleared up driveway)
General quick housework
Had a nap
Did an ASOS shop
Ate dinner
Drinking wine and watching TV
your post reminds me of the very beginning of this thread when we all wrote in this format 🥺:love:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good evening guys, this isn't anything about my day. Just wanted to bless you all with my new pfp 🥲 Praise be Jack Grealish's thighs. All the best 🍻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry been very boring recently

Got a phone call to tell me an uncle (my best friends uncle who I've known since I was 2) had died yesterday morning. Apparently he rang his own ambulance because he was having a heart attack and by the time he got to hospital he was dead. I cried myself back to sleep until lunchtime. Woke up feeling numb and just got on with my day quietly.

I don't know how to explain the effect death has had on me since I lost my parents at 15 but let's just say it fucks me up bad.

Today I am still numb. Not wanted to eat or do anything. Had cuddles with Pixie. I know we joke that cats don't give a tit but I swear she knows when I'm upset because she always comes and gives kisses and makes biscuits on me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.