What have you done today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope you’re both doing OK @AnderbeauJohnson and @GoofyPrincess - sending love your way 🥰

I feel so terrible today; I suspect/hope it’s a raging case of PMS because if not then I don’t know what’s wrong with. I can barely keep up with my own mood swings and none of them are happy moods.

I also really wish there was a PM function on tattle (I think there might be one but I’m not allowed to use it 😭)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hope you’re both doing OK @AnderbeauJohnson and @GoofyPrincess - sending love your way 🥰

I feel so terrible today; I suspect/hope it’s a raging case of PMS because if not then I don’t know what’s wrong with. I can barely keep up with my own mood swings and none of them are happy moods.

I also really wish there was a PM function on tattle (I think there might be one but I’m not allowed to use it 😭)
I'll be alright - just taking a few days to relax after being frazzled by the heatwave.

Apparently there used to be a PM function but if you joined after a certain date you can't use it.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
very quiet on here indeed!

i had a really long tour today which completely exhausted me so i've been on the couch since i returned and showered around 5 pm and been watching witcher on netflix 🍿

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Very quiet over here. Hope everyone is okay.
Heading to bed now at 5 am. Have to be up by 11 am. Finished my readings at least for yesterday. I am so unmotivated in school at the moment. Feel like I’ve lost my passion for academia. But I’m in too deep and my PhD program only accepted six people for my cohort so I don’t want to chicken out. Might as well finish the degree. I still got four more years to go. 😞

I started planning my birthday trip to Ottawa. I already have a word document (only one page though) with approximate time stamps and places I would go to for all three days. That includes where I’d be having lunch and dinner, too. It reminds me of Amy Santiago from Brooklyn 99. I’m such an anxious person and planning is how I cope I guess. But I’m also worried if it comes off as too much.

Extremely anxious that I am too affectionate or planning (like not evil planning, just meticulous with my calendar) or overwhelming/annoying to my partner because I talk a lot and boy, isn’t he the most introverted person I’ve ever seen. We’ve gone over this and he said he really prefers me taking the reins because he’s awful at expressing things verbally and initiating/planning things. I know he’s sincere but I really do not want to become overbearing. My anxiety is my worst enemy.

I started becoming very superstitious lately and am irrationally fearful of being abandoned out of the blue - by anyone important to me. I’m trying to see my aunt for Christmas but she hasn’t bought tickets yet and it’s making me feel so vulnerable and anxious. I haven’t seen any of my family in flesh since early 2019. I’m at my wit’s ends.

Sorry I’m posting a lot. I’m trying really hard not let my mental illnesses win but those fuckers are so mean to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Very quiet over here. Hope everyone is okay.
Heading to bed now at 5 am. Have to be up by 11 am. Finished my readings at least for yesterday. I am so unmotivated in school at the moment. Feel like I’ve lost my passion for academia. But I’m in too deep and my PhD program only accepted six people for my cohort so I don’t want to chicken out. Might as well finish the degree. I still got four more years to go. 😞

I started planning my birthday trip to Ottawa. I already have a word document (only one page though) with approximate time stamps and places I would go to for all three days. That includes where I’d be having lunch and dinner, too. It reminds me of Amy Santiago from Brooklyn 99. I’m such an anxious person and planning is how I cope I guess. But I’m also worried if it comes off as too much.

Extremely anxious that I am too affectionate or planning (like not evil planning, just meticulous with my calendar) or overwhelming/annoying to my partner because I talk a lot and boy, isn’t he the most introverted person I’ve ever seen. We’ve gone over this and he said he really prefers me taking the reins because he’s awful at expressing things verbally and initiating/planning things. I know he’s sincere but I really do not want to become overbearing. My anxiety is my worst enemy.

I started becoming very superstitious lately and am irrationally fearful of being abandoned out of the blue - by anyone important to me. I’m trying to see my aunt for Christmas but she hasn’t bought tickets yet and it’s making me feel so vulnerable and anxious. I haven’t seen any of my family in flesh since early 2019. I’m at my wit’s ends.

Sorry I’m posting a lot. I’m trying really hard not let my mental illnesses win but those fuckers are so mean to me.
Post away!

What about if you have a list with some alternate plans? So you could go to X museum or Y gallery without throwing the rest of your schedule off and ask him which he'd prefer when you're there?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Post away!

What about if you have a list with some alternate plans? So you could go to X museum or Y gallery without throwing the rest of your schedule off and ask him which he'd prefer when you're there?
Thank you. ❤ That is such a good idea! I haven’t presented him with the weekend plan for the trip yet and I’m too nervous to do so yet because I feel like I’ll come off extremely stiff and nerdy (which is what I am when it comes to scheduling).

I’ve booked myself a bus ticket before I even brought up the trip to him because I know he works Friday and don’t want him to skip work during the day. So, the first three quarters of Friday are just full of plans for myself - Megabus, hotel check in, sushi, museum, and a jazz show. Only dinner is planned for the both of us that day. He offered to drive up together after his work but I wanted to go ahead while he’s at work because I want some of my birthday trip just for myself if that makes sense. I hope I’m not being selfish.

I guess I’m needing help how to present the weekend itinerary to him. And also anxious because the longest we’ve spent with each other is 26 hours in a row so far. This trip will be double that!

Thank you again. You are so kind to respond, @AnderbeauJohnson. 💕 My mind is so anxious it won’t turn off and let me sleep. I’m thinking of taking more meds but I don’t want to OD. Guess I will turn to some background noise to sleep to.

• Heart
Be careful - not sleeping is horrible but risking hurting yourself would be worse.

I'm a little disappointed though - you said 'sushi, museum' and not 'sushi museum' as I originally read. I wanted to see what shape the building would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Right - I'm feeling a bit better and I have set myself a challenge.

I am so sick and tired of screens. I wake up and go online to read things. Then five hours of non-stop screens at work. An hour of lunch (usually almost all on screens.) Another three hours of non-stop work screens and on screens for the majority of the evening. I'll finish work at 4 then blink and it's 11pm and I've wasted the whole evening doing bugger all.

It can't be good and it's no wonder I feel so overwhelmed by things all the time - so I have a plan...

I'm going to limit my internet time - I'm going to aim for an hour (total) on a weekday and two hours (total) on a weekend day.

Not included in this limit - work (I doubt my boss would approve :ROFLMAO: ), podcasts, audio books, online radio, online TV and anything exercise related.

Included in this limit - mobile games, YouTube, forums (I'll still be here though, you can't get rid of me that easily!), news sites, general browsing and window shopping.

It has been a week since my second vaccine so even though I'm obviously still going to be careful, I feel a lot more comfortable being out and about so it'll be easier to find stuff to do.

I am starting tomorrow and I'll see how I feel on September 1st.

• Heart
I am so sick and tired of screens. I wake up and go online to read things. Then five hours of non-stop screens at work. An hour of lunch (usually almost all on screens.) Another three hours of non-stop work screens and on screens for the majority of the evening. I'll finish work at 4 then blink and it's 11pm and I've wasted the whole evening doing bugger all.
This, this this. I feel like my brain is rotting, I have to have an after-work structure that'll keep me away from jumping from one screen to another. I might plan a stupidly detailed routine like Ruby Granger and force myself to stick to it. I look forward to your report, hope it works well!

Hey gang, hope you are doing okay. Still feeling fried, don't know how to tackle this after-work-brain-fog thing. I think all the computer and lamp humming and people talking non stop all day overstimulate me, I can't wind down and focus on a thing for hours after I leave the office. Today I left work and walked back home, it was hot but tolerable when I avoided the sunny side of the streets. Took the long way and stared at the horizon over the park for a bit, can't tell how good it felt to look at a distant spot and let my eyes wander. My wifi is broken today so I doubt I'll be at my laptop all night but I'm not sure what to do the rest of the evening. I'm too tired to be productive and too distracted to read my book. Maybe I'll switch to my audiobook and stare at nothing on the balcony instead. Only a day until the weekend 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi all. Productive day here. Usual work stuff but I’ve also cleared sons room of old toys and babyish things, done a tip and charity run, pulled the furniture away from walls and washed the curtains so all ready to start decorating it over the weekend so I can surprise him with a big boy room when I get him from his dads on Tuesday.
Going out tomorrow evening with my bf to Miller and Carter to celebrate the new job news so excited for that and a reason to dress up nicely for a change.
Pretty tired out now but it’s been a good day.
Sending love to all ❤

• Heart
Hi all. Productive day here. Usual work stuff but I’ve also cleared sons room of old toys and babyish things, done a tip and charity run, pulled the furniture away from walls and washed the curtains so all ready to start decorating it over the weekend so I can surprise him with a big boy room when I get him from his dads on Tuesday.
Going out tomorrow evening with my bf to Miller and Carter to celebrate the new job news so excited for that and a reason to dress up nicely for a change.
Pretty tired out now but it’s been a good day.
Sending love to all ❤
I’m so pleased you are having luck in your work and personal life 🥰. Enjoy the decorating.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi gang

Can't remember the last time i updated 🤔🤔

Well yesterday i found some of my missing motivation and done the first full deep clean since moving in 3wks ish ago. I was completely in the zone and got loads done.

Decided to go to a vaccine drop in last night and got my first dose. I've been too scared due to allergies and medication reactions but i have been fine. Not even as much as a sore arm. Have been quite fatigued but manageable.

So i gave Mr M a list of jobs to do for me today. He's been annoying me so much lately i think we need a good argument to clear the air. So i half hoped he wouldn't do the jobs and i could use that as the catalyst but imagine my surprise when he done every job and more.
I swear he will do anything to get out of an argument 🙄🙄

It's my birthday tomorrow so as per tradition my MIL bought us a tesco meal deal for tonight. So i have Steak, and an apple flapjack crumble dessert thing which sounds and looks outstanding.

We are still daughter free, both returning home tomorrow so about to bath my son, sort his supper and send him to bed then I'm going to have a game night with Mr M, bath and bed

Hope you are all well.
It's very quiet on here at the min

• Heart
Reactions: 15
hiiiiiiiiiiiii

this morning i woke up after a few alarms, brought kitty to bed and wrote a few emails from there ☕

had my first tour in the morning, a history tour 📜

then went to the registry office to sort out some documents and came back home to work on weddings and emails.

washed a load of laundry and dishes. re did my nails then prepared for another tour which was a mix of history and game of thrones 🐉

both tours went really well! had a drink with a friend afterwards and talked about helping her plan her wedding.

came home exhausted and ordered chinese 🥡🥢 currently watching witcher on netflix, i'm obsessed!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy birthday for tomorrow @Meangirl815 hope you enjoyed your meal deal ❤
Hello loves. I woke up in quite the grump this morning but the dark cloud over my head seems to have shifted slightly which is such a relief.
I’ve eaten so much today, I had 3 full meals, and snacks, and I’m still hungry right now. I swear I’m like a bottomless pit sometimes.
So glad tomorrow’s Friday, it’s been a rough week. Going out for dinner tomorrow evening, will be so nice to leave the house and see some real life people 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.