What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'll be glad you're not my neighbour 🤣🤣 we've had 2 big extensions, garage knocked down and garden remodeled in the 4 years we've lived here. I've never apologised to the neighbours. Never even crossed my mind to do so 🤣. Didn't even tell them we were doing our permitted development one. Diggers just turned up one day 🤣
yeah, it's kind of weird wanting an apology 😆

You'll be glad you're not my neighbour 🤣🤣 we've had 2 big extensions, garage knocked down and garden remodeled in the 4 years we've lived here. I've never apologised to the neighbours. Never even crossed my mind to do so 🤣. Didn't even tell them we were doing our permitted development one. Diggers just turned up one day 🤣
I can imagine their pain. I lived near never ending building works that went on for longer then a year and it was awful. Would have to go out and sit in the park when it was super loud.

Would you also stay in when they were doing the work too?

My aunt is always having naff work done. They did the attic and the kitchen twice and a conservatory. It still looks cheap and badly done. 🤪

Reactions: 2
We live in a cul de sac so we told everyone before our works began. I apologised if trade vans blocked their access (they did - many times), and told them to speak to us with any concerns. It was very important for us to remain on friendly terms. I know how quickly these issues can escalate into all out war!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My neighbours are having an extension built.

Their builders have been using a drill/ jackhammer since 8.30 constantly. It's being used to take down their outhouse, which is attached to the opposite side of their house from me. I'm separated from that by 4 rooms and yet it feels like the drill is in the bloody room with me. My desk is vibrating!
My neighbours renovated their flooring a few years ago and it was a living hell. Starts at sometimes before 7am, going on until after 10pm. It was non-stop for what seemed like most of that year, because I think they did some other projects as well. I had at least one mental break during it.

I accept that sometimes work needs doing to maintain a house but the hours and duration people work without a care in the world for anyone around them subjected to the noise is a problem.

We live in a cul de sac so we told everyone before our works began. I apologised if trade vans blocked their access (they did - many times), and told them to speak to us with any concerns. It was very important for us to remain on friendly terms. I know how quickly these issues can escalate into all out war!
This is what I like! I don't understand people bragging about not warning or apologising when it takes zero effort to do so and costs nothing. Just a little sign that you are aware of those around you can go a really long way to fostering good will.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The weather. I can’t cope with it. I need sunshine. Not even warmth just SUNSHINE! I HATE this time of year. Hate it 😩 Roll on spring. I’m already buying tulips 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Germs, school, money, life….the fact I feel on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I feel like I’m just existing, not living! 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
This weather is so ggrrrrr! Dark in the mornings, dark in the late afternoon, I just wanna comfort eat everything in sight. Roll on spring

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Everything always goes wrong at the worst possible time!! As if January wasn't hard enough financially, everything has just come all at once. My partner is self employed so tax obviously due at the end of the month, been chasing accountant for 2 months now for the amount due. The estimate she gave at the start of Dec was one amount, she's now text to say books aren't finished yet but she estimates it'll be double what she originally said! It's due in 3 weeks and you've had the books for months! On top of that the boiler service is due, the gearbox in my partner's work van, which he simply cannot do his job without, has packed up so that's another £1,500 we've got to pull from somewhere and my fridge freezer is playing up.

It's so stressful and I'm panicking about where we're going to find the money. Times are tough :(

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Germs, school, money, life….the fact I feel on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I feel like I’m just existing, not living! 😩
This time of year sucks. Christmas is over and spring seems far away. It common for people to feel down in the winter. The lack of sunshine always makes me feel shite too. When we get a sunny day, I can feel my mood lifting,

Getting outside for a long walk on a decent day lifts spirits. Hang on in there !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Behaviour of school kids is horrendous lately and getting worse. Started since the lockdowns and generally is soooo bad. They just don’t care. It’s never been this bad and I’ve been teaching for years.
My friend teaches in Japan and normally the kids are super good but he says he has been experiencing more bad behaviour recently. What kind of behaviours are you seeing and what do you think has caused it?

Reactions: 2
This time of year sucks. Christmas is over and spring seems far away. It common for people to feel down in the winter. The lack of sunshine always makes me feel shite too. When we get a sunny day, I can feel my mood lifting,

Getting outside for a long walk on a decent day lifts spirits. Hang on in there !
Thank you, I do actually think lack of going out is a big cause, I walk the dog daily normally but kids have been constantly ill recently I haven’t been able to go every day x

Reactions: 5
I have mono (glandular fever) and I thought it'd last a week or two, but NOPE three weeks later, I'm just feeling knackered. I have no energy at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have mono (glandular fever) and I thought it'd last a week or two, but NOPE three weeks later, I'm just feeling knackered. I have no energy at all.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that lasts ages. I had it at 15 and I wasn't well for 6 months 😬

I hate how everyone moans at work I never go to social gatherings, but I'm the only single parent in our entire department and nobody ever checks what my child free weekend is before planning something. A little consideration goes a long way. It's always always on my weekend with my child.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Companies making life difficult because they want to move away from actual human help.

I have to send a package abroad for work, the client is paying for it so I need to use their courier account. UPS, Fedex and TNT - I tried them all. You cannot talk to a human anymore that will help you. All told me it HAS to be done online and ofcourse I don't have access to the client account online. I only have their account courier account numbers.

My client has had to do it on their side in the end but they also didn't have access to the services online so God knows how they managed to raise the documents in the end. Although maybe it's a more human approach where they are based.

Reactions: 4
Companies making life difficult because they want to move away from actual human help.

I have to send a package abroad for work, the client is paying for it so I need to use their courier account. UPS, Fedex and TNT - I tried them all. You cannot talk to a human anymore that will help you. All told me it HAS to be done online and ofcourse I don't have access to the client account online. I only have their account courier account numbers.

My client has had to do it on their side in the end but they also didn't have access to the services online so God knows how they managed to raise the documents in the end. Although maybe it's a more human approach where they are based.
This sort of thing drives me nuts! Why can’t we talk to an actual human anymore?! I give up half the time

I tell myself the same thing 🙂
Best way 😊

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.