What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think words should be policed. I think people need to look at the intention behind them.
Moving to the UK, I without being told or knowing, shortened Pakistani myself. It just seemed like Kiwi or Aussie etc Plus in other countries it’s not offensive.
But I find people in the West in general get far more offended by things than other countries
It’s about context though. Given the history of Britains colonization of Pakistan, the word p*ki is obviously going to be more offensive to British Pakistanis. To you it may just be like a shortening of the word, but to them it’s considered a slur so we don’t use it.

Reactions: 10
Incompetent new colleague asking us to 'chill' and 'there is no rush' when our tasks are tied to his and we cannot be done with our workday until he has finished his side of the job. I get that this close to retirement you stop giving a duck but causing others delays because you get overwhelmed by every single task you need to complete in a day's work is extremely inconsiderate. He has the nerve to act like we're being too fussy when everyone else is sick of his tardiness.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Are you black? If you’re not I guess that’s why the N word doesn’t seem as bad to you as the others you listed, but all the words are as bad as each other in my opinion. I heard someone call my boyfriend the N word once and I also heard someone called my friend p*ki ( don’t even like to write it) and I was equally disgusted both times.

People can be such bastards, I’m sorry you’ve experienced racism 😔
My point was why is that word considered more insulting than all the other words. I didn't say that word was less insulting.

My point was why is that word considered more insulting than all the other words. I didn't say that word was less insulting.
I’d say probably because of the association of the word with the trans Atlantic slave trade. The other examples that you gave don’t have the same association.

Reactions: 2
When someone books an appointment on a date they can supposedly do with me, they ask me to text them (they're booked every 4 weeks at the moment) and they still forget. That's 2 hours if travelling on the bus wasted.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My neighbour putting his rubbish in my wheelie bin. Last time I took a bag out on Wednesday, it was only half full. He's put 3 full bags in there since then and filled it up. :mad: use your own bloody bin

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
This..
FB_IMG_1672646666375.jpg

I will have put all the washing away, washing basket empty then it feels like I blink and there's another basket of washing to put away and another load of washing ready to put on. It's the same with recycling, feels like you've just put 10 things in the outside bin then all of a sudden there's another 20 things that need to go out. And the kitchen bin ways seems to need taking out. Feels like you put a new toilet roll on then it needs a new one the next hour *obvs exaggerating the last one but you get the gist*

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This..
View attachment 1868412
I will have put all the washing away, washing basket empty then it feels like I blink and there's another basket of washing to put away and another load of washing ready to put on. It's the same with recycling, feels like you've just put 10 things in the outside bin then all of a sudden there's another 20 things that need to go out.
mine is hoovering and mopping. I hoover and mop and I feel like I blink and there's bit on the floor again

Reactions: 8
Drivers who seem to think that as soon as they indicate to come into a lane then its automatically their right of way

Not even looking to see if there is a car in that line close to them or not and then to make it worse they don’t even match your speed they just force you to slow down

For conext i was in third lane doing 70, (3 other cars behind me) driver in middle lane indicates to come to my lane (and pulls over as soon as he indicates) and then goes at 65mph making us all have to slow down!

Reactions: 5
My husband, who for the past few months has decided I’m not an adult and cant judge hazards for myself.
Carrying a cup of tea- careful
Walking up the stairs- careful
Driving to work- careful
Walking out of his office- careful

Ive just carried a cup of tea upstairs to his office. You would think I was defusing a bomb.

I don’t know what’s brought this on but it’s getting on my nerves. I know he’s just looking out for me but it makes me feel like a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Job adverts with a "competitive salary".

Either disclose a salary band or piss off please.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Behaviour of school kids is horrendous lately and getting worse. Started since the lockdowns and generally is soooo bad. They just don’t care. It’s never been this bad and I’ve been teaching for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry I just realised that I posted a picture of bin clamps to keep them upright but you get the idea. 🤪

Reactions: 1
My neighbour putting his rubbish in my wheelie bin. Last time I took a bag out on Wednesday, it was only half full. He's put 3 full bags in there since then and filled it up. :mad: use your own bloody bin
Take it out and put it on his driveway if he has one, or leave it on his doorstep if he doesn't. He won't do it again (this is what I did to my neighbour, who now dumps his rubbish in other people's bins but not mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My neighbours are having an extension built.

Their builders have been using a drill/ jackhammer since 8.30 constantly. It's being used to take down their outhouse, which is attached to the opposite side of their house from me. I'm separated from that by 4 rooms and yet it feels like the drill is in the bloody room with me. My desk is vibrating!
I feel your pain, last year our new neighbours had the Kitchen remodelled, For FOUR BLOODY WEEKS, drove Mother
and myself mad.

• Sad
I feel your pain, last year our new neighbours had the Kitchen remodelled, For FOUR BLOODY WEEKS, drove Mother
and myself mad.
Oh god poor you, building noise is the worst.

The drilling went on til 4.30. I don't even think they had a lunch break.

They're having an extension built so I think we probably have a few months of noise to come ☹ but I'm really hoping not all of it will be this noisy.

Just to add: neighbour having the extension is not the hole who put his rubbish in my bin, he's on the other side. The noisy neighbours have been perfect up to now!

• Sad
Oh god poor you, building noise is the worst.

The drilling went on til 4.30. I don't even think they had a lunch break.

They're having an extension built so I think we probably have a few months of noise to come ☹ but I'm really hoping not all of it will be this noisy.
They better do some serious arse kissing, ours didn't say jack tit, not even an apology.

They better do some serious arse kissing, ours didn't say jack tit, not even an apology.
You'll be glad you're not my neighbour 🤣🤣 we've had 2 big extensions, garage knocked down and garden remodeled in the 4 years we've lived here. I've never apologised to the neighbours. Never even crossed my mind to do so 🤣. Didn't even tell them we were doing our permitted development one. Diggers just turned up one day 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.