What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m meant to go on a trip with two work colleagues this weekend. The trip is for us to bond and team building. One of them now wants to bring her boyfriend 😩 and our boss booked a small apartment for us, which was already small before.
Speak to your boss? This doesn’t seem right

Reactions: 10
Absolutely melts who share those “win a campervan/holiday/house” pages that are quite clearly scams. These are people I work with who I thought had more about them than that. The page has been set up two days ago and has a coconut as it’s profile. Use your brain you dickheads 🤬
That Omaze house prize draw lottery thing seems dodgy, and the adverts are annoying.

My friend teaches in Japan and normally the kids are super good but he says he has been experiencing more bad behaviour recently. What kind of behaviours are you seeing and what do you think has caused it?
I wonder if Tiktok is something to do with it.

Reactions: 4
I selfishly wanted my birthday to be all about me and it has not been 😐
I'm so sorry for you.

How did it end up being like this if you don't mind me asking?

You deserve to have a day just to spoil yourself.

---

My rant : people who will not pull their weight at all when you have to work together. I subsequently became the #badbitch when I had to repeatedly ask them to put their phone away, get off instagram and actually help us too.

When we were all done at 9.30pm after seven hours of this and their s***y attitude the other two agreed with me and said they felt the same but wouldn't have said anything and that the other person might now be pissed off at me.

I've just reached this point where I do not care about being liked.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My rant : people who will not pull their weight at all when you have to work together. I subsequently became the #badbitch when I had to repeatedly ask them to put their phone away, get off instagram and actually help us too.

When we were all done at 9.30pm after seven hours of this and their s***y attitude the other two agreed with me and said they felt the same but wouldn't have said anything and that the other person might now be pissed off at me.

I don't understand businesses that allow this. Does management not care?

Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry for you.

How did it end up being like this if you don't mind me asking?

You deserve to have a day just to spoil yourself.

---

A friend broke up with their partner so was just messaging me all about that
A family member came over and was just talking about their mental health and their relationship. I just wanted a bit of something special for me. Silly I know!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Speak to your boss? This doesn’t seem right
I would but I don’t want to create drama with someone I have to go away with for three days. Why would you even ask that? And who wants to take their work colleagues on a romantic getaway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m meant to go on a trip with two work colleagues this weekend. The trip is for us to bond and team building. One of them now wants to bring her boyfriend 😩 and our boss booked a small apartment for us, which was already small before.
Nope, no, definitely not !

Reactions: 2
A family member came over and was just talking about their mental health and their relationship. I just wanted a bit of something special for me. Silly I know!
That is not silly at all and don't believe for a second that it is unreasonable to want something more on your birthday instead of having to support others all the time . Try telling that you a young baby who wants some attention!

I hope you can do something nice for yourself this weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My friend teaches in Japan and normally the kids are super good but he says he has been experiencing more bad behaviour recently. What kind of behaviours are you seeing and what do you think has caused it?
Some kids are so rude, struggle to sit still/concentrate for a lesson, don’t really follow instructions too well and don’t care for consequences either. (OBV not talking about those with additional needs .. don’t @ me 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻)Some (a minority tbf but it still counts) will gladly tell the Head to duck off. It never used to be like this. I blame lockdowns, social media and gentle parenting

Reactions: 3
It’s not silly at all. You’re obviously someone who puts others before yourself but you definitely deserved your birthday to be just about you x

I would but I don’t want to create drama with someone I have to go away with for three days. Why would you even ask that? And who wants to take their work colleagues on a romantic getaway 😂
They’re using a work bonding break as a dirty weekend by the sound of it! 😂 cheeky sods

• Heart
The absolute bleeping balloon in my organization who sent an email today to about 30 senior people including me about an ongoing project advising us that we should 'reflect' on the content and look within ourselves to consider whether our respective contributions were adequate. Said person is junior to 90% of the people on the email, is meant to be providing expertise on the project content, however despite this being their only task, doesn't have time to provide us with their expertise, hence basically telling us to do the job.

I could not roll my eyes further back into my head.

• Haha
  • Wow
The absolute bleeping balloon in my organization who sent an email today to about 30 senior people including me about an ongoing project advising us that we should 'reflect' on the content and look within ourselves to consider whether our respective contributions were adequate. Said person is junior to 90% of the people on the email, is meant to be providing expertise on the project content, however despite this being their only task, doesn't have time to provide us with their expertise, hence basically telling us to do the job.

I could not roll my eyes further back into my head.
I guess person will be unemployed soon 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I also got a message about making the person feel "uncomfortable" yesterday.

Either fully help or don't. There is no in between.

Going to avoid this person as much as I can going forward. I don't have the time or spare energy to pander to a legal adult.

Umbrellas.
Oversized Umbrellas whacking you in the head on the school run when there's hundreds of people trying to get their kids to school, 9 out of 10 are turning inside out in the wind.
Said adults with Umbrellas giving their children Umbrellas so their running around whacking your knees with their umbrellas.
Can you tell I hate umbrellas.
Stick your hood up, hold on to it to keep it blowing down in the wind. Head down and walk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Umbrellas.
Oversized Umbrellas whacking you in the head on the school run when there's hundreds of people trying to get their kids to school, 9 out of 10 are turning inside out in the wind.
Said adults with Umbrellas giving their children Umbrellas so their running around whacking your knees with their umbrellas.
Stick your hood up, hold on to it to keep it blowing down in the wind. Head down and walk.
I don't have kids and not sure if I ever will, but I'm not keen on this school run thing.Why does it always sound like complete chaos? Im getting mental images of a battlefield

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Umbrellas.
It's strange but no one in my family ever uses an umbrella, I have never nor ever wanted to use one.

Reactions: 1
I don't have kids and not sure if I ever will, but I'm not keen on this school run thing.Why does it always sound like complete chaos? Im getting mental images of a battlefield
It is in the rain! Every man for himself 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Wind. It just pisses me off and I hate it.

(to clarify I mean windy weather, I've not got wind myself) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.