What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I figured I was. I think that’s the annoying thing, I hate that I let it affect my mind when I’m having an okay day. I just think of the situation and feel so sick. It’s really affected how I make new friends at work as well as I’m so afraid of everyone turning against me for nothing. :(
When we work with people we all swear to keep in contact forever, but many times it's just the job that binds us with common enemies and friends. Once we leave we might try and stay friendly but it rarely happens. many times once the link has been broken you may find you have nothing at all in common.

I often clear out my friends' list of people I've met along the way that although I liked we didnt chat anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When we work with people we all swear to keep in contact forever, but many times it's just the job that binds us with common enemies and friends. Once we leave we might try and stay friendly but it rarely happens. many times once the link has been broken you may find you have nothing at all in common.

I often clear out my friends' list of people I've met along the way that although I liked we didnt chat anymore.
I've been in a few jobs over the years and it's like this, even with the best intentions in the world, I've failed to keep in touch with old fave colleagues. Usually after a year of one of you having left it goes quiet, because it's work that kept you relevant to each other, nothing else.

Reactions: 7
Garages that treat women like idiots just because we are women 😡

Reactions: 18
People who message you constantly and don’t take the hint no matter how dry your replies are. I don’t have that much to say to anyone to have to communicate with them on a daily basis, like how do you as an adult have the time and energy to be texting all day?

Reactions: 16
People who message you constantly and don’t take the hint no matter how dry your replies are. I don’t have that much to say to anyone to have to communicate with them on a daily basis, like how do you as an adult have the time and energy to be texting all day?
Yassss, I hate talking on the phone and texting is reserved for quick info not looooong conversations. Tell me what you want/need then P off 😬

Reactions: 6
Put them in archives. You won't see the notifications. You don't owe anyone instant replies. I'm closest to my brother but even he ends up in there sometimes when I can't handle his stuff on top of mine.

It goes both ways though so I don't get worked up if I haven't got a reply in a week either.

If it's someone providing a professional service it's different obviously.🤪

Reactions: 4
I'm sick of hearing about it whenever celebrities get a diagnosis of some sort.

That makes me sound terrible, but let me explain. I feel great empathy for the celeb themselves, a lot of the time the coverage is not their doing. No, what bothers me is the absolute hysteria the press and everyone who ever had the slightest connection with the diagnosised celeb keep going and going and going. "Regular" people are diagnoised with all sorts every day and nobody gives a tit. I am sick to the back teeth of things mattering only when they happen to someone with a profile.

Bruce Willis is the latest person this is going on with and it's so irritating. You'd think he was a zoo animal from the coverage.

Reactions: 12
My husband has been ill since Monday. He’s had the flu bug that’s going around so it’s been genuine.

I have picked up everything in the house with our 2 children. Wake ups, school runs, tea times, swimming lessons, school assemblies, bedtimes, all the house work, laundry, running around after him, fetching him drinks, going to the shops for him. All whilst working my full time job all week as well. I’ve kept the kids away from him so they don’t get it or bother him. I’ve even slept in my sons tiny single bed with him to avoid getting it.

Yesterday morning getting the kids out to school was stressful. We were late, they were bickering and not doing what they were asked. I got cross. Not massively so but they were firmly told to stop what they were doing and put their shoes on. Once I got back from the school run he came out and told me I shouldn’t get cross with them because they’ll remember this when they’re older and I was in the wrong for snapping (once all week) 🙄

Last night I could feel myself coming down with it. Cough, headache, chills, fever etc. We agreed I would sleep in our bed and he’d sleep on the sofa (as he’s starting to feel better). Except our son woke up at midnight coughing and rather than dealing with him himself he bought him in to me! I can hear him snoring away but I’ve been woken up by said child and I’m having to entertain him (he’s only 4) whilst feeling as bad as he did at the start of it - when I did everything I could to help him!

Sorry that was long. I have no one in real life to moan about him too. All my rants on here seem to be about him. 80% of the time he’s fine but then he can be so monumentally selfish sometimes ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
We have to be somewhere today by a specific time. Because we have to be up early, I suggested going somewhere first that's normally SUPER busy.
Husband cant deal with a change to his plan so has sat on the toilet on his phone for the past 15 minutes to scupper my idea, so now i have to say we dont have time to go do we and he can act all innocent.
Why is he such a selfish knob! No way im letting him off the hook here. Im going to drag his selfish backside later when its absolutely stowed off with people, force him out of the car and to face up to what he has caused

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
My child free weekend before my birthday. It's a milestone birthday so everyone's like "you have to do something!!" But nobody actually wants to do anything with me because poor/tired/busy.

I decided I didn't really want a big party or anything but it's my first child free weekend in almost a month and I do feel a bit tit just being sat in on my own 🙇🏽‍♀️ so I'm trying to get into the mindset of spinning it positive, I've had a lie in, I'm gonna paint my nails etc and I can do stuff on my own if I want, but I do feel a bit meh about it.

And with it being a milestone birthday it's hard not to think about how far my life is from what I imagined it would be by now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We are looking to move in to a bigger rental property soon but now have had to spend half our saved up deposit money on the bloody car breaking down 😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart
My child free weekend before my birthday. It's a milestone birthday so everyone's like "you have to do something!!" But nobody actually wants to do anything with me because poor/tired/busy.

I decided I didn't really want a big party or anything but it's my first child free weekend in almost a month and I do feel a bit tit just being sat in on my own 🙇🏽‍♀️ so I'm trying to get into the mindset of spinning it positive, I've had a lie in, I'm gonna paint my nails etc and I can do stuff on my own if I want, but I do feel a bit meh about it.

And with it being a milestone birthday it's hard not to think about how far my life is from what I imagined it would be by now.
This will be me soon - also a milestone bday, also always let down by everyone because they're skint/ doing some kind of miserable dry January/ no spend January - really sucks to have a bday early in the year.

Joint party for two next year? 🤣(😭)

• Heart

First of all - Happy Birthday (in advance!) 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Sorry people aren't around to celebrate. I've always though a January birthday must be as tit as having one over Christmas; with Christmas birthdays any sort of celebration ends up being a Christmas night out as much as a birthday night out. And in January people are skint/ tired/ doing Dry January and no one wants to go out ☹

It definitely feels worse when it's a milestone birthday too, because social media makes us think we should have big celebrations, balloons, surprise parties and all. My 50th last year landed less than a fortnight after I'd ended my 8 year relationship; I'd had nothing planned with my friends but that was ok because I had my partner, and we were planning a holiday later in the year, as well as some other stuff to do on the day. As it was I can't even remember what I did. Nothing probably!

I think making it a day/ weekend of self care is a top idea. Try and think of anything you'd like to do but don't because you don't normally have time etc - visit a gallery or museum if that's your thing, go for a long walk (weather dependent)...make a list of things you want to do this year - one of my friends made her 40th a year of celebrations and firsts, rather than putting all the pressure on her birthday weekend.

It's also hard not to reflect on where you thought you might be...but try instead to focus on what you have achieved already ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's so shite being back at work after being off for 2 weeks. So many people I don't want to see / can't be arsed talking to ha. I plan to hide out in my office all day!

Oh and to top it off my manager was sending us all messages on Teams, the usual Happy New Year spiel etc at 7:00 (!) this morning. We all start work at 8:30/9:00.... why are you sending us messages outside of working hours? It really pissed me off. A few of us started back today and it's like - yeah you've had your time off, but the fun's over now, don't forget you're back at work today

• Heart
Also a work related moan. I started 45 minutes ago yet been put on break already.

I also have several reports to do daily. They are time sensitive. Yet I've been told I need to spend more time assisting customers. Which I understand need to provide good customer service etc but I'm only one person I can't do the reports and talk to customers at the same time.

I'm on my period too so all emotional and moody

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have to phrase what I am going to say carefully otherwise I will probably get a lot of abuse.

As a "non white", (I don't really like the phrase person of color), I really don't understand why the word ni**3r is considered the worst.

I have never felt, thank god he called me a black bastard/ coon/ paki/ whatever.

The times I have been called the n word I haven't felt more insulted.

It seems apart from that word all insults are okay, I don't get it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My neighbours are having an extension built.

Their builders have been using a drill/ jackhammer since 8.30 constantly. It's being used to take down their outhouse, which is attached to the opposite side of their house from me. I'm separated from that by 4 rooms and yet it feels like the drill is in the bloody room with me. My desk is vibrating!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have to phrase what I am going to say carefully otherwise I will probably get a lot of abuse.

As a "non white", (I don't really like the phrase person of color), I really don't understand why the word ni**3r is considered the worst.

I have never felt, thank god he called me a black bastard/ coon/ paki/ whatever.

I don’t think words should be policed. I think people need to look at the intention behind them.
Moving to the UK, I without being told or knowing, shortened Pakistani myself. It just seemed like Kiwi or Aussie etc Plus in other countries it’s not offensive.
But I find people in the West in general get far more offended by things than other countries

• Angry
Reactions: 5

Are you black? If you’re not I guess that’s why the N word doesn’t seem as bad to you as the others you listed, but all the words are as bad as each other in my opinion. I heard someone call my boyfriend the N word once and I also heard someone called my friend p*ki ( don’t even like to write it) and I was equally disgusted both times.

People can be such bastards, I’m sorry you’ve experienced racism 😔

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.