What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all cockerpoos where I live, thousands of them, all they’re all called Teddy 🤣
My local park is full of Baileys. I met three on one short walk whilst helping dog sit a dog that was called...Bailey 😆. Doesn't seem to be a name restricted to a particular breed though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I completely agree. There’s a field near me where everyone goes to walk their small dogs and let them off the lead. There’s this really chavvy looking guy who keeps bringing his XL Bully over with no lead. As soon as I see it put my dog back on his lead and walk back. It makes me so uncomfortable especially when I have my children with me. I know all dogs can attack but the damage this thing could do is a different story. Funny thing is this bloke lives on what we call benefit street and this dog would have cost a fortune!
I always leash my dog when I see any bull breed. I don't trust they won't think my dogs a rabbit or somthing and rip him apart.

Then I always see comments online about how offended owners of bull breeds are that no one ever let's their dogs play with it and leash their dogs round it. What kind of idot gets a dog that looks like it eats people for breakfast than complain others are wary of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just got home from a crappy day at work and my bleeping boiler is broken!!! Absolutely fuming. My house is like an igloo and now I have to wait up for hours on the emergency plumber.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Then I always see comments online about how offended owners of bull breeds are that no one ever let's their dogs play with it and leash their dogs round it. What kind of idot gets a dog that looks like it eats people for breakfast than complain others are wary of it.
XL bullies shouldn’t be classed as bull breeds akin to a staffie/traditional mastiffs. XL have been so inbred most look vacant. Something needs doing about all the back yard breeding mutating.

Reactions: 7
XL bullies shouldn’t be classed as bull breeds akin to a staffie/traditional mastiffs. XL have been so inbred most look vacant. Something needs doing about all the back yard breeding mutating.
When ever I’ve had my dogs out we always run into Staffies off leash and they are more scared of my small cross breed than they are of them, I’ve never owned a staffie but from all of them I’ve known and met they have been lovely nature and very gentle dogs.
agree about the other breeds I will leash my dog and avoid going near them

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I always leash my dog when I see any bull breed. I don't trust they won't think my dogs a rabbit or somthing and rip him apart.

I honestly can’t believe how stupid some people are. A girl I work with has just got an XL bully when she has 2 little kids under the age of 5!! When I asked her if she’s mad she said well you can’t talk you’ve got a dog. I’ve got a bichon frise ffs 🤦‍♀️ 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I honestly can’t believe how stupid some people are. A girl I work with has just got an XL bully when she has 2 little kids under the age of 5!! When I asked her if she’s mad she said well you can’t talk you’ve got a dog. I’ve got a bichon frise ffs 🤦‍♀️ 🤣
It's scary that a mother would want to put her kids at risk like that. Makes you wonder what else she does. That sort of dog, even if you were in the room, if it flipped out on the kids what could you do.

Not that my dog would flip out on the kids, but if he did I could stop him.

Reactions: 7
Just got home from a crappy day at work and my bleeping boiler is broken!!! Absolutely fuming. My house is like an igloo and now I have to wait up for hours on the emergency plumber.
Noooooo. What’s wrong with it????

Noooooo. What’s wrong with it????
Well the gas engineer just came out and said he can't do anything cos it's an electrical fault! Sitting here freezing my arse off! Now I have to wait for an electrician and all I want to do is go to bloody bed.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Well the gas engineer just came out and said he can't do anything cos it's an electrical fault! Sitting here freezing my arse off! Now I have to wait for an electrician and all I want to do is go to bloody bed.
That sucks. Hope it gets sorted asap 😣.

Reactions: 3
to be fair the reason why my daughter has a phobia of dogs is because of a Bichon Frise encounter when she was 3!
but the XL bullies scare the hell out of me even when they are on a lead ..they look like they'd just rip you apart for fun..they always seem to be owned by the same sort of people and anyone who has one with young kids must be insane!

Reactions: 8
I’ve got a Bichon Frise too! She does love a good yap and gives it all the big un but she‘d be eaten alive by one of these bully dogs. They are so ugly looking. I love how most dogs have kind, adorable eyes - those big Bullys have evil eyes.

• Heart
My friend has a cockerpoo - a very energetic and enthusiastic beast - called Betsy.

She asked the breeder when she was a puppy when she would calm down and was told "when she's five"!

My friend was somewhat disheartened.

That being said, Betsy has never hurt a fly.
yeah they don’t ever calm down 😂 mines 6 next month and still has just as much energy ashe had as a pup! Crazy dogs but completely loving.

mines reactive due to being Attacked by ‘friendly’ off lead dogs so he’s a bIt harder than most.

Reactions: 2
to be fair the reason why my daughter has a phobia of dogs is because of a Bichon Frise encounter when she was 3!
but the XL bullies scare the hell out of me even when they are on a lead ..they look like they'd just rip you apart for fun..they always seem to be owned by the same sort of people and anyone who has one with young kids must be insane!
Aww bless her. My daughter was petrified of dogs until she met our bichon and fell in love with him. She’s much better with other dogs now too. My bichon is so loving and cuddly and I really couldn’t imagine him harming a fly but… you can never trust ANY dog 100%. My children know to stay away when he’s sleeping or eating (they are 12 and 9 so they understand).
I agree it s always the same sort of people that own these scary looking dogs and truth is a lot of them couldn’t give a tit if their dog ripped yours to shreds

It’s all cockerpoos where I live, thousands of them, all they’re all called Teddy 🤣
My neighbour got a cokerpoo last year. It's her pride and joy, such a lovely and well looked after dog and she has it go to doggy school too. I wish all dog owners were like her.

Reactions: 5
yeah they don’t ever calm down 😂 mines 6 next month and still has just as much energy ashe had as a pup! Crazy dogs but completely loving.

mines reactive due to being Attacked by ‘friendly’ off lead dogs so he’s a bIt harder than most.
My cocker only started calming down when she was 7. 😂

Sometimes we look at younger pictures and go “remember when…” and then quickly look at each other and think what the hell!!!

I was traumatised by a pointer when I was a kid and it takes everything to be ok when we are walking past big dogs.

Reactions: 2
I've done 6 exercise classes and walked 15 miles this week.

No alcohol, no crisps, no fun and I haven't lost a f&cking oz.

I'm livid 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've done 6 exercise classes and walked 15 miles this week.

No alcohol, no crisps, no fun and I haven't lost a f&cking oz.

I'm livid 😭
Ugh I feel for you cos I’m the same way. I had an ED as a teenager and now cannot lose weight for the life of me :( part of me wants to see my GP about it but don’t think I could cope with them just telling me I’m fat and that’s all there is to it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.