What do you want to rant about today? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arranging work calls.

I need to get 3 people on a call with me. My manager's manager has said the call needs to take place ASAP.

I sent an invite yesterday for this afternoon. Person A can attend, but only knows some of the points to be discussed, so we need B and C there too.

B can't attend, they're busy all day today.

C can't attend at any time tomorrow.

I'm on holiday on Monday - but in any event that's too late as the call needs to happen before then, and certainly can't wait until Tues.

It's ridiculous. I've no idea what I'm supposed to do, and tbh I've got better things to be doing than emailing 3 people constantly with different dates and times.

To add, you can't check anyones calendars before booking meetings because most people keep them private, and those who don't block out their whole day, so it looks like they're always busy when they're not.
Isn’t that part of the point of an online calendar/diary? So other colleagues can see where and what you are doing? Especially those who are in your team or you work closely with. Sounds like some people are conducting a smoke and mirrors campaign

Reactions: 7
Coworker constantly complains that he's bored and he needs more to do.
His workload slightly increases.
Coworker starts complaining about his new workload.

Stfu oh my god.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No absolutely, if you’re obviously trolling a thread or really going against the grain then you can expect backlash, I’m talking more about when you post a mildly positive comment about a thread subject and it just causes complete uproar and you immediately get called a fan and hounded off the thread.
Also some threads seem to have these certain ‘agreed facts’ about the subject with very little evidence to back up them up, like for example one thread I’m on, they’re absolutely convinced that the person is addicted to coke, yet they have absolutely no evidence for this, and if you question it, you get shouted down and called a fan lol.
Oh, I’ve not come across that but then I’m not really on those threads anymore some move to quick!
But I agree with cliqueness. Absolute bollocks

In regards to the N word in music. My opinion is that it shouldn’t be in music if people aren’t allowed to sing along to it. It’s ridiculous that such a problematic word can be used and then not expect people to sing along. Just make it a blanket ban

Reactions: 9
Oh, I’ve not come across that but then I’m not really on those threads anymore some move to quick!
But I agree with cliqueness. Absolute bollocks

In regards to the N word in music. My opinion is that it shouldn’t be in music if people aren’t allowed to sing along to it. It’s ridiculous that such a problematic word can be used and then not expect people to sing along. Just make it a blanket ban
Probably a post for another thread, but either the word is offensive or it’s not. If it is then no one should be saying it. It shouldn’t be in songs or anywhere. You cannot claim it’s offensive then use it.

Probably a post for another thread, but either the word is offensive or it’s not. If it is then no one should be saying it. It shouldn’t be in songs or anywhere. You cannot claim it’s offensive then use it.
Exactly Either the word is ok or it's not.

Ugh, having the worst week. Just want to hide under my duvet and never come out, but I can't because I have work and my child and all the fun adult responsibilities that life entails.

I try so hard to be positive and Life is just shitting on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Arranging work calls.

I need to get 3 people on a call with me. My manager's manager has said the call needs to take place ASAP.
I'm a PA and do not get me started on booking meetings. I'm PA to a Dept Head. and often have to arrange meeting between him and the 2 Deputy heads. One of them is pretty much fine - he does have some commitments but nothing that affects his availability aside from the occasional 2 day stretch when he has to attend court in other parts of the country. The other one has a diary that is not as full as my boss by a long way.. Yet finding availability is a nightmare. Why because in a single week her diary contains - keep free periods, private appointments even her PA can't see, 2 days where it says no meetings before 10.30 and no meetings after 4, well being time(we have all been advised to book 2 hrs per fortnight for this following a tragic incident in the dept but nobody actually books it because we don't have the time) lunch breaks , workplace choir, BAME events (this staff member is white) and I swear to god one week I even saw a hair appointment. Booking a meeting with her as attendee is a collossal headache

If you are Dept Head of Dept in a high profile workplace, does it not say to the onlooker that you are not fully committed to your role?

Reactions: 3
I am going to call the hospital tomorrow to see if I can schedule an X-ray as I can’t manage turning up and sitting in a plastic chair for 3 hours. Other idea is to call the number I have for the surgeon that did the spinal fusion surgery when I broke my back.

I am still waiting for results of an MRI on my neck for a buldge I have there. Tests have shown my balance and reflexes are all off.
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much Jojo. I really do think you should call the surgeon and hospital.

• Heart
I'm feeling so dismayed about the state of everything at the moment, in all honesty (with the exception of work, which is great).

The crime here in NZ is rampant - shop staff being stabbed (and killed), never-ending ram raids, gangs everywhere (my little holiday town is especially bad at the moment), people being run over and killed, road rage incidents, people out walking their dogs being stabbed, thieves loading supermarket trolleys with groceries and fleeing ... it's just awful. I usually walk from my workplace to my apartment, but just lately I've had a bit of an 'off' feeling about people hanging around the streets a short distance away so have been catching lifts with workmates. There's a group of men who sit out on the benches drinking and carrying on, and it feels unsafe.

The apartment next to me - we're the only two at the very end, with adjoining gardens and gates - has sold to a family who have decided to rent it out on Air BnB which I'm dreading. It was reassuring knowing who was living there (and who all my neighbours are), but now I feel like my safety net has been ripped open because there are going to be random people coming and going. I'm seriously contemplating moving.

To try and rein inflation back in, our Reserve Bank has issued a statement warning people not to spend too much over Christmas - yet months ago the government was pleading with people TO spend in order to get the economy going again ... they caused the current situation in part due to printing too much money, and are now trying to force a recession (which they've admitted to doing). Government officials will no doubt bark orders at us while they continue to enjoy a festive season with no cutbacks.

The cost of living is ridiculous. My body corporate fees - which all the apartment owners have to pay every month for the upkeep of the apartment exteriors and facilities such as pool, tennis court and communal gardens - have gone up 25% due to inflation; not surprisingly, there are several apartments in this block suddenly for sale. The cost of groceries is ridiculous - yesterday, I bought 1 x packet of wraps, a tin of salmon and a lettuce and it came to $40.

It's awful feeling so hopeless. A few people I've been talking to who are feeling the same way are getting ready to move to Australia, which I understand also has problems ... I just don't remember the world ever being in such a mess as it is now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm feeling so dismayed about the state of everything at the moment, in all honesty (with the exception of work, which is great).

The crime here in NZ is rampant - shop staff being stabbed (and killed), never-ending ram raids, gangs everywhere (my little holiday town is especially bad at the moment), people being run over and killed, road rage incidents, people out walking their dogs being stabbed, thieves loading supermarket trolleys with groceries and fleeing ... it's just awful and it feels like the whole country has gone mad.

The apartment next to me - we're the only two at the very end, with adjoining gardens and gates - has sold to a family who have decided to rent it out on Air BnB which I'm dreading. It was reassuring knowing who was living there (and who all my neighbours are), but now I feel like my safety net has been ripped open because there are going to be random people coming and going. I'm seriously contemplating moving.

To try and rein inflation back in, our Reserve Bank has issued a statement warning people not to spend too much over Christmas - yet months ago the government was pleading with people TO spend in order to get the economy going again ... they caused the current situation in part due to printing too much money, and are now trying to force a recession (which they've admitted to doing). Government officials will no doubt bark orders at us while they continue to enjoy a festive season with no cutbacks.

The cost of living is ridiculous. My body corporate fees - which all the apartment owners have to pay every month for the upkeep of the apartment exteriors and facilities such as pool, tennis court and communal gardens - have gone up 25% due to inflation; not surprisingly, there are several apartments in this block suddenly for sale. The cost of groceries is ridiculous - yesterday, I bought 1 x packet of wraps, a tin of salmon and a lettuce and it came to $40.

It's awful feeling so hopeless. A few people I've been talking to who are feeling the same way are getting ready to move to Australia, which I understand also has problems ... I just don't remember the world ever being in such a mess as it is now.
And in the uk we all dream of moving from our sad little country to down under. We’re all here moaning about crime cost of living cost of fuel crappy health service corruption. Maybe there’s an allegory here

• Sad
Reactions: 6

The crime here in NZ is rampant - shop staff being stabbed (and killed), never-ending ram raids, gangs everywhere (my little holiday town is especially bad at the moment), people being run over and killed, road rage incidents, people out walking their dogs being stabbed, thieves loading supermarket trolleys with groceries and fleeing ... it's just awful. I usually walk from my workplace to my apartment, but just lately I've had a bit of an 'off' feeling about people hanging around the streets a short distance away so have been catching lifts with workmates. There's a group of men who sit out on the benches drinking and carrying on, and it feels unsafe.

Can you complain to your local council about the Airbnb? Some places you need permits or like NYC it's against the law

Reactions: 2
Ordered food on just eat at lunchtime because it was pissing down with rain. I didn’t have much time before my next meeting so ordering would be easier than walking to get a sandwich. Ordered through Just Eat & then get a missed call from the driver. He says he’s outside so I say I’ll be there in a minute. Go to the front of the building no sign of him. Try ringing him back, no answer. Look on the just eat app & he’s about a mile away & it says my orders been delivered! Tried ringing again - no answer. Ring the place where I’ve ordered from, they say oh nothing we can do we don’t know who the driver is you’ll have to contact just eat .

Of course you can’t speak to anyone at just eat so I got a refund for my food but not the delivery fee🤬 & I still had nothing to eat 🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Ordered food on just eat at lunchtime because it was pissing down with rain. I didn’t have much time before my next meeting so ordering would be easier than walking to get a sandwich. Ordered through Just Eat & then get a missed call from the driver. He says he’s outside so I say I’ll be there in a minute. Go to the front of the building no sign of him. Try ringing him back, no answer. Look on the just eat app & he’s about a mile away & it says my orders been delivered! Tried ringing again - no answer. Ring the place where I’ve ordered from, they say oh nothing we can do we don’t know who the driver is you’ll have to contact just eat .

Of course you can’t speak to anyone at just eat so I got a refund for my food but not the delivery fee🤬 & I still had nothing to eat 🤬
I think this is a common problem and why I will only use delivery if it's the takeaways own driver

Reactions: 4

I lived in NZ around 08. There's no culture - it's like a weird mix of British and American with the Maoris included now and then. It's nice to look at, but there's no history and it really shows once you get past the 'look how nice it looks'. The UK can match 90% if more.

The people are backward and live in their little Aus/NZ bubble. Which I get because they're out there on their own and nobody thinks about them unless a celeb comes along. I really hope it won't be seen now as the land of hopes and dreams. Stupid Brits will lose a lot of money otherwise

As heartbreaking as it is, I am sick of daily reporting of dying celebs' conditions. I appreciate awareness and support is needed but do we need to be told intimate details of dying celebs' thoughts?! I have just seen a facebook post/article about Johnny Irwin being upset at the thought of his wife remarrying when he has passed. Yes, I'm sure that's heartbreaking, but I worry about the parasocial emotional investment the public get swept up with when a celeb's decline is documented and reported daily. I really feel for the guy but I am uncomfortable how much we are updated already about personal things. Same with Dame Deborah, and other celebs. I felt like awareness got overshadowed by constant updates.

I dunno, it just depresses me seeing daily updates in the news about these things.

🤔

Just my thoughts, no hate please

• Heart
  • Sad
As heartbreaking as it is, I am sick of daily reporting of dying celebs' conditions. I appreciate awareness and support is needed but do we need to be told intimate details of dying celebs' thoughts?! I have just seen a facebook post/article about Johnny Irwin being upset at the thought of his wife remarrying when he has passed. Yes, I'm sure that's heartbreaking, but I worry about the parasocial emotional investment the public get swept up with when a celeb's decline is documented and reported daily. I really feel for the guy but I am uncomfortable how much we are updated already about personal things. Same with Dame Deborah, and other celebs. I felt like awareness got overshadowed by constant updates.

I dunno, it just depresses me seeing daily updates in the news about these things.

🤔

Just my thoughts, no hate please
Just don’t read it then?

Just don’t read it then?
Yes, that's an option but sometimes it's inescapable. Every time I turned on the radio I hear about the guy now, plus when i open facebook, the local news page reports on it, and people talk about it at work etc. I can't shut it ALL off. Anyway this is a RANT thread so here was me just having a rant. Just saying "don't read it then " is not exactly helpful is it?! This is a place to rant, not be patronised.

Reactions: 8
Yes, that's an option but sometimes it's inescapable. Every time I turned on the radio I hear about the guy now, plus when i open facebook, the local news page reports on it, and people talk about it at work etc. I can't shut it ALL off. Anyway this is a RANT thread so here was me just having a rant. Just saying "don't read it then " is not exactly helpful is it?! This is a place to rant, not be patronised.
If the news of an abject stranger having cancer is having this kind of effect on you, you need to seek help for that. It’s not normal to have that kind of over reaction to something like that.

• Haha
If the news of an abject stranger having cancer is having this kind of effect on you, you need to seek help for that. It’s not normal to have that kind of over reaction to something like that.
I don't react that bad. What I was ranting about was the way media overreports on intimate details of celebs'decline when we really should not be privvy to so much information. It's OVER done. Tbh my rant now is that you can't say such things without some saying "don't read" or "get help". If only it were that simple. 🙄

What's the point of a rant thread if posters get told to get help by blunt posters for simply expressing a rant about something.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't react that bad. What I was ranting about was the way media overreports on intimate details of celebs'decline when we really should not be privvy to so much information. It's OVER done. Tbh my rant now is that you can't say such things without some saying "don't read" or "get help". If only it were that simple. 🙄

What's the point of a rant thread if posters get told to get help by blunt posters for simply expressing a rant about something.
It’s a DISCUSSION FORUM. Anyway, if you don’t want to consume information from the media it’s very easy and simple to just not consume it! I personally haven’t read any of the stories about Johnny Irwin - so I don’t know any of the “intimate detsils” - maybe just stop reading stuff that clearly triggers you.,

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.