What do you want to rant about today? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rant for the day: when on some threads there’s a key set of posters who me-rail without spoiler tags, and even break the rules about contacting the thread subjects, and nobody is allowed to call them on it because they’re prolific posters who arse lick others :rolleyes:

by all means mention a personal line about yourself if it pertains to the situation at hand, but unlike most of the posters guilty of this the rest of us don’t have all day to spend on Tattle wading through your entire medical and relationship history. I just want to spend my tea break looking at trash celebrity tea, not 100 posts of someones personal trauma dump

Dunelm....their customer service is crap.

Placed an order weeks ago, half arrived, half was 'in progress' after contacting them and waiting 3 days for a response the rest was sent. My Evri courier 'which is great by they way 🙋🏼‍♀️) told me it was damaged when he went to pick it up so it was being sent back.

Contacted them again, 3 days later they replied 'do you want it replacing or refund? ' I said replacement. That was on the 17 Nov, no response. I've contacted them again on the 21st and got an email saying 3-5 days to respond. God I'll have redecorated by the time I get my stuff 🙄

It bugs me when they do this.
Dunelm is crap for this

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Since everyones moaning about cars... every morning the same cars parked on double yellows with hazards on, completely in the way after a 4 way traffic light junction, so inevitably the junction ends up blocked because people cant get past them!

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Rant for the day: when on some threads there’s a key set of posters who me-rail without spoiler tags, and even break the rules about contacting the thread subjects, and nobody is allowed to call them on it because they’re prolific posters who arse lick others :rolleyes:
This, but also people who get cliquey on tattle and derail threads by ganging up on someone who dares to have a different opinion are actually so bleeping sad. It just makes threads boring echo chambers which over time become more and more extreme. I’ve got a reputation as the most hated person (surprise) on several threads because I disagree with people and I absolutely couldn’t give a shite, fighting for clout on an anon gossip site is just cringe.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
This, but also people who get cliquey on tattle and derail threads by ganging up on someone who dares to have a different opinion are actually so bleeping sad. It just makes threads boring echo chambers which over time become more and more extreme. I’ve got a reputation as the most hated person (surprise) on several threads because I disagree with people and I absolutely couldn’t give a shite, fighting for clout on an anon gossip site is just cringe.
100%

they need to calm down, we’re literally the toilet of the internet, doesn’t matter which of the turds sink and which float😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh Evri / Hermes. I don't think its arriving today! How could you do this to me when I've stood up for you and sung your praises on tattle so much 😂
Screenshot_20221123_211732_Chrome.jpg

Just had another bad fall. I think I’ve caused more damage to my already broken back. I know I need an X-ray but husband went to the pub earlier to watch football. Im a mess, popping pain and crying as I sm so scared that I’ll need more surgery. Crying with pain.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
People who write their posts in bold ... the entire thing ... it seems rude and shouty.

---------------

Real estate agents. The apartment next to me just sold for "a record price for the building" according to the agent (of course they always say that - besides, it's probably bullshit because it's not the penthouse). The agent has suggested now would be a good time for me to sell ... well, that would be well and good if I wanted to move, which I don't! Some of them can be very pushy, which is off putting.

Just had another bad fall. I think I’ve caused more damage to my already broken back. I know I need an X-ray but husband went to the pub earlier to watch football. Im a mess, popping pain and crying as I sm so scared that I’ll need more surgery. Crying with pain.
Oh no!!!! Is there someone you can call to take you, or can you ring for an ambulance? Please keep talking to us until someone comes, so we know you're okay ...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can I rant about that bloody Money Supermarket Super 7 shite Judi Dench is involved with please - why in every advert (whether TV or radio) is it only flaming car insurance they keep banging on about, none of the other 6 seem to do jack tit about saving money on anything else, just car insurance. Boils my piss everytime it pops up on my TV

by all means mention a personal line about yourself if it pertains to the situation at hand, but unlike most of the posters guilty of this the rest of us don’t have all day to spend on Tattle wading through your entire medical and relationship history. I just want to spend my tea break looking at trash celebrity tea, not 100 posts of someones personal trauma dump

Dunelm is crap for this
I had a pole fall on me and hit me on the head in Dunelm years ago and none of the staff were bothered so I contacted their head office to complain about safety standards in their store. An hour later I got a very panicky telephone call asking was I thinking of going to the press to report the incident or would I accept a £300 voucher as a gesture of good will? I'd only gone in for a browse so I accepted the voucher... I wish now I'd have said make it £500 and we'll say no more about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'll be honest this depends on the thread. If you go on a Boy George love thread and spout hate for the subject then I get why people will get annoyed. Join or start the Boy George hate group. I find there are people coming on some really serious factual threads and spouting conspiracy theories, really weird tit, and you have to get them sorted because it's derailing a serious/factual thread

Reactions: 3
Oh no!!!! Is there someone you can call to take you, or can you ring for an ambulance? Please keep talking to us until someone comes, so we know you're okay ...
I am going to call the hospital tomorrow to see if I can schedule an X-ray as I can’t manage turning up and sitting in a plastic chair for 3 hours. Other idea is to call the number I have for the surgeon that did the spinal fusion surgery when I broke my back.

I am still waiting for results of an MRI on my neck for a buldge I have there. Tests have shown my balance and reflexes are all off.

• Heart
Things like this make me want to kick something it's beyond stupid

High School Football Star Loses Scholarship After Using N-Word

"The University of Florida has yanked a sports scholarship from a star high school football recruit after the athlete was caught using racist language in a video that went viral online.

According to Sports Illustrated, the Division I school pulled the 2023 scholarship for quarterback Marcus Stokes—a top recruit and senior at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida—on Sunday for the offensive language.

“Welcome back, n----,” Stokes is heard saying in a video as he sings along to music while riding in a car"

“I accept the consequences for my actions,” Stokes wrote.

“I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media,” he continued. “I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that.”

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'll be honest this depends on the thread. If you go on a Boy George love thread and spout hate for the subject then I get why people will get annoyed. Join or start the Boy George hate group. I find there are people coming on some really serious factual threads and spouting conspiracy theories, really weird tit, and you have to get them sorted because it's derailing a serious/factual thread
No absolutely, if you’re obviously trolling a thread or really going against the grain then you can expect backlash, I’m talking more about when you post a mildly positive comment about a thread subject and it just causes complete uproar and you immediately get called a fan and hounded off the thread.
Also some threads seem to have these certain ‘agreed facts’ about the subject with very little evidence to back up them up, like for example one thread I’m on, they’re absolutely convinced that the person is addicted to coke, yet they have absolutely no evidence for this, and if you question it, you get shouted down and called a fan lol.

Reactions: 6

"The University of Florida has yanked a sports scholarship from a star high school football recruit after the athlete was caught using racist language in a video that went viral online.

According to Sports Illustrated, the Division I school pulled the 2023 scholarship for quarterback Marcus Stokes—a top recruit and senior at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida—on Sunday for the offensive language.

“Welcome back, n----,” Stokes is heard saying in a video as he sings along to music while riding in a car"

“I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media,” he continued. “I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that.”

I suppose if you’re not black you have no right to use the word regardless of the circumstances, it is a racial slur that can cause a lot of offence. When I was in year 10 a girl said it, supposedly when singing along to a song (she was known to say/do offensive things but act like she didn’t or had an excuse for why) and we had a whole year assembly about the offensiveness of the word. This was all fine until our deputy head (a white woman) said the word in case we weren’t aware of what it was (we were doing of mice and men in English so were all aware of it) it did feel very hypocritical for her to lecture us about not using slurs and then say one herself. The girl who said the word wasn’t even punished that lecture was the only form of punishment and it was something everyone had to sit through.

Bloody tax codes. Shouldn’t even be a problem but because the company changed name and pay roll services, I’ve been screwed because they think I’ve got two jobs. Awesome. Just take my money, not like I need it is it?!?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

When my daughter was young/ teenager she was listening to a lot of rap type music and I remember saying to her 'you must never say the 'N' word even singing along to a song. It's just not acceptable and you could get in a lot of trouble'. I think it's very confusing for young kids especially when it is used prolifically in songs.

Task rabbit 😡

I booked someone to paint my box bedroom starting 8:00 on Tuesday. I received a message 7:30 from the tasker on the morning saying he’d see me at 9:30. No explanation at all as to why the agreed time wasn’t stuck to but I let it go. Then he calls me at 10:00 to say his child’s been sent home from nursery and needed to sort out childcare. It happens, I let it go and he ended up starting at about 12:30. Obviously because he started later and needed to allow 4 hours drying he said he’d come back the next morning to do the second coat and he did. Looked at my bank this morning and going by his hourly rate I seem to have been charged for two full days of labour when he was only really here hour wise for 1 🙃🙃 I’m sure I can sort it out but it’s just annoying!!!

Reactions: 1
I suppose if you’re not black you have no right to use the word regardless of the circumstances, it is a racial slur that can cause a lot of offence. When I was in year 10 a girl said it, supposedly when singing along to a song (she was known to say/do offensive things but act like she didn’t or had an excuse for why) and we had a whole year assembly about the offensiveness of the word. This was all fine until our deputy head (a white woman) said the word in case we weren’t aware of what it was (we were doing of mice and men in English so were all aware of it) it did feel very hypocritical for her to lecture us about not using slurs and then say one herself. The girl who said the word wasn’t even punished that lecture was the only form of punishment and it was something everyone had to sit through.
What kind of punishment would you deem acceptable for a young teenager?? Surely a lecture in front of the whole school is enough, no?

Reactions: 2
I sold loads of my daughters lovely clothes on eBay. They were like new- most sold for 99p 🙄 I’m not bothered about that that’s my fault but one woman (an actual brand new dress with the tags still on it) has sent me the rudest message asking where her parcel was 3 days after she’d paid. I had already posted them but I honestly can’t be bothered to message her back it was so rude - if she wants her £3 (inc postage) back she can go through eBay and get it.

Next time I will save my time and donate them to charity.

• Sad
  • Heart
Arranging work calls.

I need to get 3 people on a call with me. My manager's manager has said the call needs to take place ASAP.

I sent an invite yesterday for this afternoon. Person A can attend, but only knows some of the points to be discussed, so we need B and C there too.

B can't attend, they're busy all day today.

C can't attend at any time tomorrow.

I'm on holiday on Monday - but in any event that's too late as the call needs to happen before then, and certainly can't wait until Tues.

It's ridiculous. I've no idea what I'm supposed to do, and tbh I've got better things to be doing than emailing 3 people constantly with different dates and times.

To add, you can't check anyones calendars before booking meetings because most people keep them private, and those who don't block out their whole day, so it looks like they're always busy when they're not.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.