What do you want to rant about today? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were 4 of them originally so it makes it more difficult as 3 if the 4th opts out.

Unless they're very cosy friends!
This is part of the problem, and that he decided after I’d spent time searching to change his mind when it was him that said to all have a trip together and all get an apartment to stay in together. If he’d said to start with “Hey we should all go to London but I’m gonna stay and my sisters and we’ll just meet up everyday” then the other friend could have decided if he had to money to spend splitting the Air Bnb 3 ways instead of 4, and we could decide if we wanted to share with 1 friend as a couple. Now it’s looking like the 2nd friend is gonna say he can’t afford it because he’s viewing the group chat and not replying and the trip isn’t gonna go ahead after we’ve sorted pet sitters and booked time off.

We can still have a trip as a couple but it’s the 3rd time I’ve spent time starting to plan a group holiday that’s come to nothing because they think you can get a full holiday in 2022 for about £200.

If your friend wants to stay with his sister and travel in to London to hang out with you I don’t see why that’s a problem?? You & your boyfriend can stay in central london and your friend can come to meet you and then do whatever you were planning to do in London. Really don’t see why you’ve got an issue with that????

Is there a reason why he seems to always be the designated driver? Do you drive/have a car yourself?
Yes he’s the only one that can drive but he used to be reasonable about petrol costs. I wouldn’t mind even paying the extra cause he’s driving, so we cover the full petrol costs for him being the driver so he doesn’t have to pay any petrol, but I think it’s taking the piss to have a £15 journey and expect us all to pay £15, so he’s just pocketing £30.

Hannah have you ever challenged him on it? He can't automatically expect you to make up for any income disparity. If you offer, fine, but doesn't sound like this is the case!
No but it’s only become something we’ve noticed since about Juneish, so it’s one of those things where it’s now happened 3/4 times and you start to notice it and it pisses you off and you moan about it hoping it’ll stop before you have to say something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not really a rant, more a disappointment ... I looked at what I felt was the perfect apartment yesterday as I'm not sure I want to stay where I am.

The agent said not to leave my decision long, as it would sell quickly ... but don't they all say that? Anyhoo, it sold first thing this morning ... just as I rang her back to ask if I could come back and have a second look (intending to measure up a few things and take a list of questions I'd prepared to check on some details).

It obviously wasn't meant to be. She said she can door knock others in the same complex to ask if they'd like to sell, but what's the point ... I'd probably have to pay extra to make it worth their while.

Oh well.

Reactions: 4
Not really a rant, more a disappointment ... I looked at what I felt was the perfect apartment yesterday as I'm not sure I want to stay where I am.

The agent said not to leave my decision long, as it would sell quickly ... but don't they all say that? Anyhoo, it sold first thing this morning ... just as I rang her back to ask if I could come back and have a second look (intending to measure up a few things and take a list of questions I'd prepared to check on some details).

It obviously wasn't meant to be. She said she can door knock others in the same complex to ask if they'd like to sell, but what's the point ... I'd probably have to pay extra to make it worth their while.

Oh well.
I'm a great believer in these sort of things happening for a reason. Everytime I've wanted something like this and it fell through something even more perfect came along

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Oh well.
Buying and selling really is a nightmare! A few fell through for us last year, the market was a bit bonkers at the time. It did work out better for us in the end though! Definitely feels ffs moment at the time though!

• Heart
Why do shops like M&S not put proper lids on stuff like coleslaw anymore? I'll assume it's because they can claim to use less plastic but it's a load of bollocks because all I do is get the cling film out once I've opened it.
i di notice them selling silicone lids on mine a while back

Reactions: 1
My sister cut my dad off when she was pregnant. She’s now writing statuses about him complaining he doesn’t bother with her or the baby, and that he’s not met her baby.

Well yeah, when you tell someone they’re dead to you and that you don’t want to talk to them again, they’re not exactly going to be trying to meet up are they?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My sister cut my dad off when she was pregnant. She’s now writing statuses about him complaining he doesn’t bother with her or the baby, and that he’s not met her baby.

Well yeah, when you tell someone they’re dead to you and that you don’t want to talk to them again, they’re not exactly going to be trying to meet up are they?
She sounds delightful

Reactions: 3
Yes he’s the only one that can drive but he used to be reasonable about petrol costs. I wouldn’t mind even paying the extra cause he’s driving, so we cover the full petrol costs for him being the driver so he doesn’t have to pay any petrol, but I think it’s taking the piss to have a £15 journey and expect us all to pay £15, so he’s just pocketing £30.
This is just from an old worn out friends and family taxi service who has yet to drink her coffee so might come over blunter than I would normally put things over

Could be he is just fed up of being the taxi service. I know myself how a reasonable lift goes on and on into taking the piss sometimes ( I don't mean you as I don't know you) You say you would not mind even paying for all the petrol between you, that leads me to believe that you didnt even think to do that before even though its his car and he is driving IMO that is the least you should have done. so its no wonder he thinks sod this and charges more now.

You said it's not your fault that he didnt do what he could to secure a good-paying job and therefore has less money than you. but it's also not his fault he is the only car owner/driver. and has to ferry others around who think a car is only about petrol Having a car is much more than petrol. it's an expensive item. I don't know where you go on these outings, but if it's to a place where people drink, then they also miss out on that.

You say he should think £200 for three nights' accommodation is a very good deal. but you should also look at £10 for an hour's drive also a good deal. it's £40 for a 20 min drive to the airport where I live. You are resentful of him but maybe he is just as resentful of you

As you say maybe it's time to part ways.

Reactions: 2
This is just from an old worn out friends and family taxi service who has yet to drink her coffee so might come over blunter than I would normally put things over

Could be he is just fed up of being the taxi service. I know myself how a reasonable lift goes on and on into taking the piss sometimes ( I don't mean you as I don't know you) You say you would not mind even paying for all the petrol between you, that leads me to believe that you didnt even think to do that before even though its his car and he is driving IMO that is the least you should have done. so its no wonder he thinks sod this and charges more now.

You said it's not your fault that he didnt do what he could to secure a good-paying job and therefore has less money than you. but it's also not his fault he is the only car owner/driver. and has to ferry others around who think a car is only about petrol Having a car is much more than petrol. it's an expensive item. I don't know where you go on these outings, but if it's to a place where people drink, then they also miss out on that.

You say he should think £200 for three nights' accommodation is a very good deal. but you should also look at £10 for an hour's drive also a good deal. it's £40 for a 20 min drive to the airport where I live. You are resentful of him but maybe he is just as resentful of you

As you say maybe it's time to part ways.
It's a bit hard to tell. He would still have car costs (insurance etc) quite aside from petrol. I think it's wrong to criticise his job or look down on him for earning less, at least he's working. Also he changed agreed plans for the air b'n'b which is a nuisance.

But it would be best to have a proper conversation about petrol costs rather than dropping a friendship.

I'm a great believer in these sort of things happening for a reason. Everytime I've wanted something like this and it fell through something even more perfect came along
I agree.
A friend of mine got to buy her dream house after being pipped at the post twice. It was just meant to be.

It is disappointing though, but hopefully something even better will come along for you @Black.bird

• Heart
My friend has annoyed me. She told me on Monday that she was suffering with anxiety and I was concerned. Thursday i checked up on her by texting 'how are you feeling today?, I hope you're okay'. She has so far not responded to my text, which I wouldn't mind but she has a home insta account and has been posting photos of the bedroom she's decorating and replying to comments from other insta accounts. I realise I'm not entitled to a response but it's just irked me as I was genuinely concerned about her. She does this all the time where she sort of vents to me and then ignores me for ages.

I'm not sure I can be bothered with it anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
My friend has annoyed me. She told me on Monday that she was suffering with anxiety and I was concerned. Thursday i checked up on her by texting 'how are you feeling today?, I hope you're okay'. She has so far not responded to my text, which I wouldn't mind but she has a home insta account and has been posting photos of the bedroom she's decorating and replying to comments from other insta accounts. I realise I'm not entitled to a response but it's just irked me as I was genuinely concerned about her. She does this all the time where she sort of vents to me and then ignores me for ages.

I'm not sure I can be bothered with it anymore.
I have a friend similar to this who is also anxious and depressed. I feel she only talks to me when she needs a shoulder to cry on. She’s never there for me really ☹ It’s draining isn’t it. Friendship is a two way street. I’m always the one texting first etc

Reactions: 5
I have a friend similar to this who is also anxious and depressed. I feel she only talks to me when she needs a shoulder to cry on. She’s never there for me really ☹ It’s draining isn’t it. Friendship is a two way street. I’m always the one texting first etc
Im sorry to hear it has happened to you too ❤ I don't expect instant replies, I'm not.demanding or high maintenance at all but I just feel like a bit of a fool.

I don't react that bad. What I was ranting about was the way media overreports on intimate details of celebs'decline when we really should not be privvy to so much information. It's OVER done. Tbh my rant now is that you can't say such things without some saying "don't read" or "get help". If only it were that simple. 🙄

What's the point of a rant thread if posters get told to get help by blunt posters for simply expressing a rant about something.
You! Or get told your rant isn't valid in their eyes. It's completely insane and best ignored in all honesty.

Im sorry to hear it has happened to you too ❤ I don't expect instant replies, I'm not.demanding or high maintenance at all but I just feel like a bit of a fool.
No I’m the same but when it’s been a few days and it’s always me reaching out first just feels a bit tiring. I understand it’s not easy having anxiety and depression but doesn’t mean you forget your friends does it! She only speaks to me when she wants to whine about her boyfriend

Reactions: 1
Something happened tonight that wasn't that big of a deal but still kind of upset me.
I was at a fast food place with my boyfriend and a male friend of his and it was quite crowded. We placed our order and then got a table, but from our table we couldn't see the monitor where the order numbers would come up when it was ready to pick up, so we took turns standing in the pick up area waiting for our order to be put out.
So at one point I was standing there on my own and a group of guys on the opposite side of the room started staring at me, talking amongst themselves and laughing. Whatever, I tried to ignore them, maybe they weren't even looking at me, it was a crowded place. Then one of them started making inappropriate gestures at me and they were all clearly trying to get my attention. At that point I immediately walked back to my table, quietly explained the situation to my boyfriend, and sat there with his friend while he went back to check on our food.
I didn't let it ruin my night but now that I'm back home I'm thinking about it again. It wasn't that big of a deal, thankfully. It was a crowded fast food place and I was with two men including my boyfriend. It wasn't that scary of a situation. But it still made me feel threatened and uncomfortable and I can't imagine how I would have felt had I been there on my own. I don't know, things like this have happened to me before but it just upset me more this time for some reason. I don't want to talk about it with my boyfriend because I don't want him to make a big deal out of it or make things awkward.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My rant today is people who own pitbulls and other dangerous breeds. Just got a tiktok come up on the fyp of a dog literally getting his entire leg ripped off and large chunks taken out of his body by two pitbulls. It’s utterly ridiculous that these animals are allowed to exist tbh, anyone who says ‘iT’s NoT tHe DoGs FaUlT iT’s jUsT a lAcK oF tRaInInG’ is a bleeping idiot, why is it always pitbull in the news mauling kids to death and not cocker spaniels then??

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My rant today is people who own pitbulls and other dangerous breeds. Just got a tiktok come up on the fyp of a dog literally getting his entire leg ripped off and large chunks taken out of his body by two pitbulls. It’s utterly ridiculous that these animals are allowed to exist tbh, anyone who says ‘iT’s NoT tHe DoGs FaUlT iT’s jUsT a lAcK oF tRaInInG’ is a bleeping idiot, why is it always pitbull in the news mauling kids to death and not cocker spaniels then??
Erm…… sorry but it’s isn’t generally the dogs fault. It is usually the idiots that own them; they buy dogs that are usually inbred or genetically fucked, they don’t train them, or give them appropriate mental & physical stimulation, they don’t understand how to properly look after them and they don’t understand how to correctly look after the dog when it’s around other people - eg not leaving a dog alone with a child. Yes of course you will occasionally get a
Dog that’s just mental and can’t be controlled- same as you get humans like that - but 99% of the time it is the learnt behaviour from the dog the leads to the kinds of incidents you are talking about.

Reactions: 7
The latest dog fad round where i live seems to be those American Bully dogs...sorry if anyone really loves them but they look like they'd rip your face off if you so much as look at them! the marl ones in particular look really odd. Unfortunately they always seem to have the same sort of owners (ones who want hard looking dog but dont have it under control)

I hate driving. Especially in the dark & rain where you can't see much. And you always get arseholes right up the back of you 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.