What do you want to rant about today? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plenty of black people think it's stupid as well. should we also listen to them? Who decides who has more right to be offended by a white person just singing along to a song that isn't a racist song?

Reactions: 5
I have a rant right now. I was finishing off my delicious iced latte when I saw a fruit fly at the bottom. Tosser.

• Sad
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This little rant combines 2 of my worst traits, pettiness and laziness.

I was feeling ill at the weekend so I asked my son to put my duvet cover back on for me (it's a superking, and I feel like I've done a workout when I do it). He put it on with the duvet the wrong way round despite me telling him the correct way, so the cover doesn't fit properly.

He did this on Sunday. Every day since it's irritated me when I make my bed in the morning, which is petty of me. However I'm also so lazy that I would rather live with the irritation than change it :D

I'm changing the bed tomorrow so only one more night :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Me and my boyfriend and 2 friends agreed to go to London for a few days next week and one of the friends suggested we all get an Air bnb together. I was looking yesterday and found a really nice one in central London for £200 each for 3 nights, bargain if you ask me considering a hotel would cost that per night. The friend is now saying they’re thinking of just staying at their sisters who lives in an outer zones and will just travel in everyday to save money….considering it was their idea to go on the trip and their idea to get an air bnb why now say you want to save money? One of the other friends is now talking about how he needs it to be really cheap…it’s £200 in the capital city of the UK for 3 nights, how much cheaper do you want it? I looked at hostels for him and even they’re £60 a night staying with 9 other strangers.

I get people can have problems with money and especially at the moment, but why organise a trip and then complain about money once someone starts looking?

The first friend has been annoying us a bit anyway recently with his selfishness, we went on a day out and he drove all in all an hours round trip, some people drive further too and from work everyday and he charged us all £10 for petrol. I don’t mind paying petrol but basically telling us that an hours round trip cost £40 in petrol is just you lying to us and taking money off your friends. He did it again for what was about a 2 hours round trip, said it cost £60 pounds in petrol and charged us all £15. We were talking about it to a family member who told us the journey he charged us £60 for would have cost max about £15 to get there and back.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Me and my boyfriend and 2 friends agreed to go to London for a few days next week and one of the friends suggested we all get an Air bnb together. I was looking yesterday and found a really nice one in central London for £200 each for 3 nights, bargain if you ask me considering a hotel would cost that per night. The friend is now saying they’re thinking of just staying at their sisters who lives in an outer zones and will just travel in everyday to save money….considering it was their idea to go on the trip and their idea to get an air bnb why now say you want to save money? One of the other friends is now talking about how he needs it to be really cheap…it’s £200 in the capital city of the UK for 3 nights, how much cheaper do you want it? I looked at hostels for him and even they’re £60 a night staying with 9 other strangers.

I get people can have problems with money and especially at the moment, but why organise a trip and then complain about money once someone starts looking?

The first friend has been annoying us a bit anyway recently with his selfishness, we went on a day out and he drove all in all an hours round trip, some people drive further too and from work everyday and he charged us all £10 for petrol. I don’t mind paying petrol but basically telling us that an hours round trip cost £40 in petrol is just you lying to us and taking money off your friends. He did it again for what was about a 2 hours round trip, said it cost £60 pounds in petrol and charged us all £15. We were talking about it to a family member who told us the journey he charged us £60 for would have cost max about £15 to get there and back.

Think you need to drop your friend, he's clearly taking advantage of you all.

Reactions: 11
I’m going to send the msg I sent to my two friends today cos it’s three hours later and I’m still annoyed. Sorry in advance if you are one of these mums hahahah….
I actually hate other mums. In their BIG MUM cars they can’t drive!!! Hahaha this woman parked next to me at nursery. I had the BEST spot in the Carpark and she parked soooo close to me I couldn’t get out!!?? And S goes on the same side as me. I never would have got him in or never would have got myself out either. I gave her a dirty look & moved 😂. It happens to me 5 days a week , I’ve had a crap week and it just tipped me over the edge. Learn to park or get a smaller car for fucks saaaake

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Think you need to drop your friend, he's clearly taking advantage of you all.
Urgh it’s one of those things where if I was reading my own post I’d say the same but we never do the right thing do we? We’ve all been friends for about 4/5 years. It’s one of the complications of uni friends now we’re moving in to our late 20s that individual choices regarding jobs means there’s a money disparity, but it’s all down to their poor decisions and inability to adapt to work, like one got sacked from a graduate scheme 3 months in for failing an exam miserably, he spent 3 years after uni trying to get a grad scheme to pay for his exams and then didn’t even revise for them properly once he got the opportunity. & it’s difficult to have sympathy for the money difference and for getting sacked when they had all the opportunities there to not be in this situation now.

Reactions: 4
Urgh it’s one of those things where if I was reading my own post I’d say the same but we never do the right thing do we? We’ve all been friends for about 4/5 years. It’s one of the complications of uni friends now we’re moving in to our late 20s that individual choices regarding jobs means there’s a money disparity, but it’s all down to their poor decisions and inability to adapt to work, like one got sacked from a graduate scheme 3 months in for failing an exam miserably, he spent 3 years after uni trying to get a grad scheme to pay for his exams and then didn’t even revise for them properly once he got the opportunity. & it’s difficult to have sympathy for the money difference and for getting sacked when they had all the opportunities there to not be in this situation now.
Hannah have you ever challenged him on it? He can't automatically expect you to make up for any income disparity. If you offer, fine, but doesn't sound like this is the case!

Reactions: 2

If your friend wants to stay with his sister and travel in to London to hang out with you I don’t see why that’s a problem?? You & your boyfriend can stay in central london and your friend can come to meet you and then do whatever you were planning to do in London. Really don’t see why you’ve got an issue with that????

Is there a reason why he seems to always be the designated driver? Do you drive/have a car yourself?

Reactions: 1
Price increases. I know this is a common gripe rn but all the same. Rain has pissed down most of the week here so the other night I fancied a bowl of soup for dinner. I had a nice tin of M&S soup for 50p.

I'm not hungry tonight so I thought ooh i really enjoyed that soup I had a couple of nights ago. I'll grab another

65p

Reactions: 11
Why do shops like M&S not put proper lids on stuff like coleslaw anymore? I'll assume it's because they can claim to use less plastic but it's a load of bollocks because all I do is get the cling film out once I've opened it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Price increases. I know this is a common gripe rn but all the same. Rain has pissed down most of the week here so the other night I fancied a bowl of soup for dinner. I had a nice tin of M&S soup for 50p.

I'm not hungry tonight so I thought ooh i really enjoyed that soup I had a couple of nights ago. I'll grab another

65p
M and S seem to have increased lots of their cans by upto 15p - tomatoes and beans etc. I but them every couple of weeks and noticed it this week.

• Heart
If your friend wants to stay with his sister and travel in to London to hang out with you I don’t see why that’s a problem?? You & your boyfriend can stay in central london and your friend can come to meet you and then do whatever you were planning to do in London. Really don’t see why you’ve got an issue with that????

Is there a reason why he seems to always be the designated driver? Do you drive/have a car yourself?
would that make the accommodations more expensive for the OP if there are less people to share the cost between?

Why do shops like M&S not put proper lids on stuff like coleslaw anymore? I'll assume it's because they can claim to use less plastic but it's a load of bollocks because all I do is get the cling film out once I've opened it.
Yes and they are more likely to open in the bag on the way home, the amount of times I've accidentally pierced those flimsy coverings on food whilst putting the bags in the boot :eek:

Reactions: 4
Yes and they are more likely to open in the bag on the way home, the amount of times I've accidentally pierced those flimsy coverings on food whilst putting the bags in the boot :eek:
Omg I got Ocado delivered today and I thought god something smells strong. My fellas m&s chilli had burst open 😭😂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

I had a friend like this. Emphasis on had.

For maybe 20 years they've stung me on singles when i bought them doubles, wanting petrol money for 2 minute trips, even down to charging for meals they offered to make and invited us round for.

They rented out a room to some gullible idiot which covered her mortgage too - when the going rate was less than half!

People like that arent worth your time, they only care about themselves and taking you for a mug is like a hobby to them!

If you have to tolerate them, insist on taking taxis, do whatever you can to separate yourself from their wallet

Stuff like this would really piss me off as well 😂 Let your friend do it & don’t factor them into your plans because the way trains are always delayed / cancelled lately going into London (I live in zone 3) you’ll probably always be waiting for them.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.