What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go on mumsnet instead and read how many people are in miserable relationships, hate their husband and are tired and exhausted from their kids. You’ll feel loads better
you know some people actually want kids and can’t have them? And that’s why people get upset over pregnancy announcements? Just telling someoneto go read about other peoples miserable relationships isn’t gonna make someone trying for a baby feel better you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
you know some people actually want kids and can’t have them? And that’s why people get upset over pregnancy announcements? Just telling someoneto go read about other peoples miserable relationships isn’t gonna make someone trying for a baby feel better you know.
Yes i do know that. And different stages of life happen at different times for everyone. I’m just saying the grass isn’t always greener. Try to enjoy the present and not compare yourself to others. Engagement/ babies will happen when they happen. Its hard getting caught up with social media thinking people life’s are perfect when they are far from it

The original poster didn’t say anything about TTC

Reactions: 7
Smhhh if you’re going to come on here and fantasize about being a sigma male, at least make your lies somewhat decent. No one is impressed by this fake story about you scamming your barber out of a £10 short back and sides lmfao 💀💀
I'm pretty sure he deliberately makes them over the top and silly for comedic effect.

I don't think he expects anyone to take him seriously.

I still remember the one about letting a shopping trolley roll off. So random. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I'm pretty sure he deliberately makes them over the top and silly for comedic effect.

I don't think he expects anyone to take him seriously.

I still remember the one about letting a shopping trolley roll off. So random. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I’m kinda loving his posts ngl, write one where you scam your own mother out of her PIP ghengis!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Didn’t pay for my haircut again earlier

As I’m walking out the door the barber starts frantically calling out to me to remind me to pay. I just look him right in the eye and say “what you gonna do pal, stick it back on with glue?”

I’ve used this same tactic on 6 or 7 different barbers this year and none of them have known how to deal with being challenged in this way

This is exactly why I don’t need to work. I went out for a drink with a couple of mates on Saturday and didn’t buy a single round. Neither of them felt brave enough to question my assertion that I’d left my wallet at home

I could never be a ‘wagie’ like them and work myself to the bone for someone else’s benefit. I do what I want, when I want
This has got to be a joke right?😂

Work and life in general. I'm burnt out. I'm tired of pretending to be normal and functioning; it takes a lot of energy, which I don't have. Every single sound and movement in the office gets on my nerves, I wish my coworker would stfu and I wish I could go back to wfh.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
very sad about the queen and i get some
Of the mourning and have no issue with people who are very sad about it etc but

i do NOT need another bleeping email from
Another business telling me that they are closed on monday. Lets just assume everywhere is closed and email if you’re actually bleeping open

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Another business telling me that they are closed on monday. Lets just assume everywhere is closed and email if you’re actually bleeping open
Places saying they are closed 'out of respect ' annoys me . It actually sounds like they are only pretending to be respectful because they think they should.
'We are closed Monday 19th' is a full statement.

Reactions: 14

It would be so much quicker for those who are open to email that they are, by the sounds of things!

so bored of hearing about the queue. Can we have some proper news please?

It sounded like a joke to me.

Reactions: 2
Places saying they are closed 'out of respect ' annoys me . It actually sounds like they are only pretending to be respectful because they think they should.
'We are closed Monday 19th' is a full statement.
Yeah or they could add that they're closing to give their staff the chance to watch the funeral, as that's the main reason why they're closing.

Reactions: 2

I just got an email from Lidl, headed

"gentle reminder" we are yada yada

WTF are they worrying about triggering someone, it's not like it isn't on every channel and radio station on the hour and all over the internet. Any rock dwellers wont be getting a lidl email

• Haha
I’ve made a bit of a mess of things. Long story short. Got really drunk at the weekend out with my mum to the point I ended up in tears and I think yelling at her. Have 0 recollection of the conversation other than telling her something really personal that happened. The next morning i apologised for my behaviour, she talked out a couple of things with me and I thought things were fine. Next thing you know, later on this week I get a call from my sister and turns out mum is not okay with whatever was said. My mum does have a habit of exaggeration and inflating things. But having no recollection of what I even said I don’t even know how to begin a conversation about it and to be quite honest I’m freaking knackered and would prefer we just drew a line under it

• Heart
I’ve made a bit of a mess of things. Long story short. Got really drunk at the weekend out with my mum to the point I ended up in tears and I think yelling at her. Have 0 recollection of the conversation other than telling her something really personal that happened. The next morning i apologised for my behaviour, she talked out a couple of things with me and I thought things were fine. Next thing you know, later on this week I get a call from my sister and turns out mum is not okay with whatever was said. My mum does have a habit of exaggeration and inflating things. But having no recollection of what I even said I don’t even know how to begin a conversation about it and to be quite honest I’m freaking knackered and would prefer we just drew a line under it
If it was me. I would be honest with you mum, explain you don’t remember what you said, your sorry if you upset her but you’d like to move on if you can.

Reactions: 4
Relating to my post on here yesterday , the Heritage Open Days are on this weekend and most are still taking place 'in a respectful manner' .

This man here infuriates me. He’s pissed off because he’s on a fluid restriction. I read the whole thing, they’re barely controlling his food it’s just the drink. Which implies he has heart failure. How would that not be a wake up call? Me getting heart palpitations and tachycardia when I was 22 stone woke me up. Yes I chose bariatric surgery but it was the only thing that would save my life because I never felt full. Usually I can sympathise with people who are morbidly obese and say they can’t diet because I know, I’ve been there but duck me - human rights to eat like a rubbish truck? Nah.

Reactions: 8

This man here infuriates me. He’s pissed off because he’s on a fluid restriction. I read the whole thing, they’re barely controlling his food it’s just the drink. Which implies he has heart failure. How would that not be a wake up call? Me getting heart palpitations and tachycardia when I was 22 stone woke me up. Yes I chose bariatric surgery but it was the only thing that would save my life because I never felt full. Usually I can sympathise with people who are morbidly obese and say they can’t diet because I know, I’ve been there but duck me - human rights to eat like a rubbish truck? Nah.
There are many ways to self-harm, I feel as sorry for this man as I do an anorexic who is dying.

There are many ways to self-harm, I feel as sorry for this man as I do an anorexic who is dying.
I see this more on par with addiction than anorexia/ED. Bizarre decision-making when those battling psychiatric disorders don’t get anywhere near the level of funding and resources cases like this seem to.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.