What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see this more on par with addiction than anorexia/ED. Bizarre decision-making when those battling psychiatric disorders don’t get anywhere near the level of funding and resources cases like this seem to.
I feel it's all the same. addiction is also SH . MH services are awful here. seems to me only those prepared to scream from the rooftops get seen. squeaky wheel and all that.

They need to use the same "on a need basis" as emergency services in an accident situation . the ones making noise are OK, it's the ones being very quiet who need help the most.

Is this man actually getting real help for the deeper problem? looks to me like they are allowing him to get food from outside .. first, his mama enabled him and now the hospital.

Reactions: 2
Willoughby and Schofield jumping the queue ahead of older frail and vulnerable people who were actually alive when the Queen was crowned.
They are scum to me.

Reactions: 7
Her stories are vile, the camels are buckling due to the weight of her and her equally overweight travel companion and they think it’s funny. Disgrace.
Those camels have a miserable life anyway they don't need a huge lump like her on their poor backs.
She should have more sense the thick witch.

Reactions: 3
I feel it's all the same. addiction is also SH . MH services are awful here. seems to me only those prepared to scream from the rooftops get seen. squeaky wheel and all that.

They need to use the same "on a need basis" as emergency services in an accident situation . the ones making noise are OK, it's the ones being very quiet who need help the most.

Is this man actually getting real help for the deeper problem? looks to me like they are allowing him to get food from outside .. first, his mama enabled him and now the hospital.
It doesn’t sound like he’s at a point of wanting any help, which is easier to deal with when the person isn’t 50 stone. Obscene waste of resources. Lots of £ in people being obese so it continues. Munchie mother no doubt.

A few driving related ones today:

People who park on the road when they could park on their drive (usually don't want to box in another member of the family - cause they're too lazy to move for them)

Due to all the parked cars, having to wait for ages to give way to oncoming traffic - often it's not even clear who's got the right of way, because it's like a frigging slalom - weaving in and out

Finally when you've given way to someone for ages and they don't even put their hand up to say thanks.

That's better. :D

Reactions: 8
I think there would be pages and pages of driving rants.

The other day I was driving in a 30 through a village, bendy roads, lots of cars parked on the road and near a primary school. I hate it when I’m driving 30, then drop down slower as I approach or anticipate hazards (usually oncoming traffic round a bend - cars, tractors, horses, buses) and a car tailgates me for doing so (Audi, BMW, Range Rover. Sorry but they are in the usual suspects for me). It pisses me off that they try and pressure me to drive faster when there’s literally no need to in the 1 minute that we’re on that part of the road.

On the same road I saw a horse rider approaching a Royal Mail van parked near a bend, so they had to go out into the road to get round the van. A white van zoomed up to them, slammed on the brakes and actually attempted to go round the van and the horse rider on a bend as, of course, another car comes round in the opposite direction. The van still kept trying to keep moving and looked inches away from the horse. So there was a RM van, a horse and a van all next to each other at the same time, on a narrow bend. What a complete idiot.

Literally just drive with some consideration and safety for others, it takes seconds to wait until it’s safe to go.

Reactions: 7

The other day I was driving in a 30 through a village, bendy roads, lots of cars parked on the road and near a primary school. I hate it when I’m driving 30, then drop down slower as I approach or anticipate hazards (usually oncoming traffic round a bend - cars, tractors, horses, buses) and a car tailgates me for doing so (Audi, BMW, Range Rover. Sorry but they are in the usual suspects for me). It pisses me off that they try and pressure me to drive faster when there’s literally no need to in the 1 minute that we’re on that part of the road.

On the same road I saw a horse rider approaching a Royal Mail van parked near a bend, so they had to go out into the road to get round the van. A white van zoomed up to them, slammed on the brakes and actually attempted to go round the van and the horse rider on a bend as, of course, another car comes round in the opposite direction. The van still kept trying to keep moving and looked inches away from the horse. So there was a RM van, a horse and a van all next to each other at the same time, on a narrow bend. What a complete idiot.

Literally just drive with some consideration and safety for others, it takes seconds to wait until it’s safe to go.
I live in a village and we have the same idiots inches away from an accident because they can't abide to wait for a few minutes, and Yes they are Audi BMW and Range Rover types. Grrrrr.

Reactions: 4
My boyfriend. He's grumpy and annoying this week and it makes me feel tit. Trying to ignore it and tell myself he's just in a bad mood but it's still pissing me off. Every conversation is strained and the way he responds to things I say make me want to punch him ugh 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart

Completely agree. I'd say a large majority break 30mph speed limits, as I think they just assume that - as long as there's no Police or speed cameras - no one will ever know.

On the way to work, I pass through a 30mph zone, so I'll slow down to 30mph... and almost always if I can see cars in the distance behind me, they've caught up before I get through the zone.

I don't drive slow, I just drive at 30mph - so for them to catch up to me as quickly as they do, they've got to be doing at least 40mph - probably more. And it's not like it happens once in a blue moon, it's pretty regularly.

Reactions: 5
My sister and her fiance both just drive at whatever speed they are comfortable with until they encounter another car and then they sit up their arse. That car turns off, speed up and drive until they get behind another car.

I have been in the car with my sister doing 55 in a 30.

They also approach roundabouts and junctions with no intention of stopping and then have to slam on their brakes if they have to give away.

It's disgusting but they won't listen.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My sister and her fiance both just drive at whatever speed they are comfortable with until they encounter another car and then they sit up their arse. That car turns off, speed up and drive until they get behind another car.

I have been in the car with my sister doing 55 in a 30.

They also approach roundabouts and junctions with no intention of stopping and then have to slam on their brakes if they have to give away.

It's disgusting but they won't listen.
Have they got points on their licences?

Reactions: 1
Have they got points on their licences?
Nope!!! They are the sort that will never get caught.

I tell her all the time that doing those speeds she could lose her licence, which would mean she loses her job as she lives in a town with no public transport and her office is in a business park in the middle of nowhere, which would then mean lose house as can’t pay the mortgage but she just shrugs and tells me to not be so dramatic.

• Wow

I tell her all the time that doing those speeds she could lose her licence, which would mean she loses her job as she lives in a town with no public transport and her office is in a business park in the middle of nowhere, which would then mean lose house as can’t pay the mortgage but she just shrugs and tells me to not be so dramatic.
What a couple of dangerous selfish twats!! They'll probably end up killing someone .

What a couple of dangerous selfish twats!! They'll probably end up killing someone .
I know 😔

If we are going anywhere together I always offer to drive as it’s infinitely safer!

They have no concept of how long it takes to get anywhere sticking to speed limits. She says she can get from hers to my mums in 10 minutes. Yet I have never done it in less than 20. Just shows how much faster she is going.

I know 😔

If we are going anywhere together I always offer to drive as it’s infinitely safer!

They have no concept of how long it takes to get anywhere sticking to speed limits. She says she can get from hers to my mums in 10 minutes. Yet I have never done it in less than 20. Just shows how much faster she is going.
Blimey, it's a tough one for you, glad you drive yourself and not go with them.

Reactions: 2

I think for people like that, it needs to happen before they'll believe it's possible.

I had a lift with a work colleague quite recently and he was zooming through a 40mph zone and caught up with a car in front who was doing 40mph... then said something like: "this one's being a bit square!"

As he was giving me a lift I just bit my tongue, but I wanted to say that following the law of the roads isn't square. 😂 He's had points in the past, but says they've been cancelled now due to time.

Reactions: 1
I think for people like that, it needs to happen before they'll believe it's possible.

I had a lift with a work colleague quite recently and he was zooming through a 40mph zone and caught up with a car in front who was doing 40mph... then said something like: "this one's being a bit square!"

As he was giving me a lift I just bit my tongue, but I wanted to say that following the law of the roads isn't square. 😂 He's had points in the past, but says they've been cancelled now due to time.
Yeh my sister will moan that people are driving slow and it’s like…no you’re doing 33 in a 30 that’s plenty.

She got caught about 5 years ago and did a course. But as she kept telling everyone it wasn’t for speeding it was for going through a red light. When asked why she went through the red light…she was going too fast to stop🤦‍♀️

Yeh my sister will moan that people are driving slow and it’s like…no you’re doing 33 in a 30 that’s plenty.

She got caught about 5 years ago and did a course. But as she kept telling everyone it wasn’t for speeding it was for going through a red light. When asked why she went through the red light…she was going too fast to stop🤦‍♀️
Shouldn't laugh really! It's a shame the irony probably went over her head. 😂

So many people are impatient on the roads. I was driving behind a tractor earlier along a country road. It was twisty/turny and hilly, so very little overtaking opportunities. I'd resigned myself to the fact I probably wasn't going to be able to pass it for some time, so of course I start getting tailgated by the guy behind me. He didn't overtake, but the car behind him did, so passing two cars and a tractor and trailer on a country road. He barely made it.

I was just thinking it's a nice Sunday afternoon, why do so many people still seem to be in a rush? I can't imagine they were going to work. I think there's just a mentality that if they're not doing a certain speed they're unhappy. Is it really worth risking your life for?

Just realised this has turned into a driving rant thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.