What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think for people like that, it needs to happen before they'll believe it's possible.

I had a lift with a work colleague quite recently and he was zooming through a 40mph zone and caught up with a car in front who was doing 40mph... then said something like: "this one's being a bit square!"

As he was giving me a lift I just bit my tongue, but I wanted to say that following the law of the roads isn't square. 😂 He's had points in the past, but says they've been cancelled now due to time.
Happened to me once with a work colleague. He frightened the life out of me driving like a maniac and I heard much later ( after he was sacked from work) that he killed someone on the road. It was in all the local papers too.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It's not bleeping Christmas eve and youre not hosting eleventy million people and his wife
And stop driving like a bleeping dick
At best the Queen died and we are gather for finger sandwiches, scones and perhaps a few nice cakes * cough and a few beers * cough . What we are NOT doing is breakfast, brunch, canapes , starters, Christmas lunch and cheese boards! So why in the holy duck in all that is bleeping holy am I going between 3 bleeping shops to buy 2 stalks of LEMONGRASS because I fancied copying one of James Martin recipes yesterday,
PACK IT IN .
you cannot tell me since the funeral being announced, today was the only time you could shop or get provisions

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The absolute arrogance of some drivers astounds me. There's a roundabout near me. As far as I'm aware, its not some magical mystery roundabout to which the Highway Code doesn't apply. I am baffled therefore as to why EVERY time I pass it, most people don't indicate, no one bothers giving easy to the right, they don't even slow down half the time. And if you do give way to the right you get beeped!

The other thing that gets right on my wick are cars with 10 bloody dazzling LED headlights. Cars should have 2 headlights which are a nice level of brightness, not this brilliant white light you can see from half a mile away. I struggle to drive at night because of them.

Reactions: 11
Really ridiculous but I really want to rant about how many people seem to be minimising Andrew’s actions just because his mum died. I’ve seen it on newspaper comment sections, on social media, person social media. The man had sex with a trafficked girl young enough to be his daughter (why else did he pay her off?). She’s the one we know about, I doubt he stopped at her. He was good friends with a ped0 and didn’t apologise for the friendship because of the opportunities it brought him. And still people are saying things like ‘it’s his mum, he should wear military uniform’, ‘remember he was a war hero in the Falklands’ (which is a joke in itself) and my favourite ‘now the Queen’s dead we should move on’. Like the death of a very powerful woman, the mother of the abuser, the reason he’s so protected is going to make his victims go ‘they’re right! I need to get over this!’.
Argh!
*and breathe*

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I tried to be the bigger person when a friend did something awful to me, instead of arguing I just accepted that she could only see her version of events, didn't bother to argue my side and just left the chat.

Now, months down the line its like a festering rage inside. I feel like im fighting to urge to post cryptic facebook posts about how happy i am without them 😂
I should just delete them as every time they post something along the lines of the stuff we fell out about I feel this overwhelming feeling of relief, followed by the annoyance at myself that i didnt put her in her place 🙈
I know i need to get over it but i just want to txt her c u next Tuesday 😂

Reactions: 3
I tried to be the bigger person when a friend did something awful to me, instead of arguing I just accepted that she could only see her version of events, didn't bother to argue my side and just left the chat.

Now, months down the line its like a festering rage inside. I feel like im fighting to urge to post cryptic facebook posts about how happy i am without them 😂
I should just delete them as every time they post something along the lines of the stuff we fell out about I feel this overwhelming feeling of relief, followed by the annoyance at myself that i didnt put her in her place 🙈
Get her out of your life now and don't look back.

Reactions: 2

What you are doing will have pissed her off more than anything. People hate being ignored She desperately wants a reaction. for the love of all that is holy, don't give them one. 😂

Reactions: 9

i could have written this.
I didn’t put mine in her place cause I had to keep the peace for a mutual friend’s event and I didn’t want it to be awkward for said friend (who is also a twit and I’m not friends with anymore) and her parents were coming so I didn’t want to be public enemy number one.
I wish I’d let her have it now and there are times where I want to make a group chat and just go off. I have blocked them so they can’t contact me

Reactions: 1
Get her out of your life now and don't look back.
I have... but the annoyance makes me look back 😂

What you are doing will have pissed her off more than anything. People hate being ignored She desperately wants a reaction. for the love of all that is holy, don't give them one. 😂
Yea i think quielty festing and getting on with my life has been the best option. She's lost 3 friends now all for the same reason in the last couple of years. Everyone is wising up, taking less tit and she still doesnt see it.

i could have written this.
I didn’t put mine in her place cause I had to keep the peace for a mutual friend’s event and I didn’t want it to be awkward for said friend (who is also a twit and I’m not friends with anymore) and her parents were coming so I didn’t want to be public enemy number one.
I wish I’d let her have it now and there are times where I want to make a group chat and just go off. I have blocked them so they can’t contact me
I kept quiet for the group for years. I felt like it was me, i was the problem, she made nasty comments because i was a bad person! But I've come to realise i am a pretty decent person. I go out of my way for ppl. Sure i have flaws but i try hard to be kind and think of people. I would rather have 0 friends than let myself be treated like that again

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No really a rant but something that’s playing on my mind. I got married last week, a friend who is coming asked about a wedding gift.

She was in a group chat with two of my other friends inc my maid of honour and apparently there was talk of a group gift which never materialised which was no surprise so the others did their own thing. This one friend has not given a gift nor mentioned it when I thanked the others. My MOH couldn’t believe it and wonders if she forgot as she mentioned a gift at their hotel.

I’m not bothered about the gift itself, but it just seems odd. It’s killing me not to mention it.

No really a rant but something that’s playing on my mind. I got married last week, a friend who is coming asked about a wedding gift.

She was in a group chat with two of my other friends inc my maid of honour and apparently there was talk of a group gift which never materialised which was no surprise so the others did their own thing. This one friend has not given a gift nor mentioned it when I thanked the others. My MOH couldn’t believe it and wonders if she forgot as she mentioned a gift at their hotel.

I’m not bothered about the gift itself, but it just seems odd. It’s killing me not to mention it.
what is it that’s playing on your mind? That she didn’t get you a present? Or that she hasn’t mentioned it?

what is it that’s playing on your mind? That she didn’t get you a present? Or that she hasn’t mentioned it?
Maybe she's too embarrassed- because she "messed up", couldn't afford the level of gift everyone else was giving, meant to get something but left it too late etc. If you really don't mind about the gift, I would just say (next time you see or talk to her) something like it was a lovely day and you appreciated her being there to celebrate with you. Then if she says something about the gift you can tell her it doesn't matter. Although reading between the lines it seems you already expected her to turn up empty-handed/ not join in with the group gift?

I guess I wonder if she thinks she have a gift and hasn’t so when we send our thank yous she might get upset thinking we haven’t said thank you because she thinks she she has given something. Or I’m worried there was a joint gift from one of the others, I said thank you to her a few times but she never said oh it’s from me and X.
Maybe she's too embarrassed- because she "messed up", couldn't afford the level of gift everyone else was giving, meant to get something but left it too late etc. If you really don't mind about the gift, I would just say (next time you see or talk to her) something like it was a lovely day and you appreciated her being there to celebrate with you. Then if she says something about the gift you can tell her it doesn't matter. Although reading between the lines it seems you already expected her to turn up empty-handed/ not join in with the group gift?
Spot on, the two of them are useless. They turned up 1.5 hours late to my hen do, hungover and never arrange to meet or text back so I half expected an excuse the day before. They regularly turn up without gifts and promise them next time and they never come so I’m by no means surprised but I don’t want there to be any miscommunication if she thinks she didn’t forget and I don’t say thanks.

I guess I wonder if she thinks she have a gift and hasn’t so when we send our thank yous she might get upset thinking we haven’t said thank you because she thinks she she has given something. Or I’m worried there was a joint gift from one of the others, I said thank you to her a few times but she never said oh it’s from me and X.

Spot on, the two of them are useless. They turned up 1.5 hours late to my hen do, hungover and never arrange to meet or text back so I half expected an excuse the day before. They regularly turn up without gifts and promise them next time and they never come so I’m by no means surprised but I don’t want there to be any miscommunication if she thinks she didn’t forget and I don’t say thanks.
ah that's a tricky one!
Do you have a friend who's mutual who you truly trust and can ask and just explain that you don't care for the gift but you're worried she's gone without a thanks for something she gave? I'm just thinking cause a friend might know the situation better than you because you were the bride and the gift was for you so they had conversations away from you regarding it does that make sense?

Although given the rest of the info, do you think it's safe to assume she didn't give one if it's a common pattern of behaviour?

Reactions: 1

Shortly after I got married a relative said to me 'did you get my cheque in the card?' and I said 'no' . They said 'I'll send you another one then' and it never materialised. 29 years later whenever I see them I desperately want to say 'still waiting for that cheque' 🤣

It never leaves you 👹

• Haha
Reactions: 16
the unpopular opinions thread being shut down because of all the arguments!
it was my daily source of amusement and enlightenment! 🙈

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I think it was probably inevitable after all the constant arguing. Not even the ad revenue must have been worth the hassle.

Reactions: 5
The trouble with the unpopular opinions thread is that attracted a lot of unpopular people. And quite frankly the unpopular opinions kept going round in a circle. Certain people should have just been banned along time ago. RIP unpopular opinion thread 😢🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.