What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taking photos/videos of a coffin?? I don’t think that is right or even necessary. Even if it is the queen. They’ll be loads online.
Yeah I don’t understand this either. The press have plenty of official photos, so you’re not doing a service by taking them. I wouldn’t have taken a pic of my gran’s coffin so why would I take one of this one.

Reactions: 4
How oblivious my GP surgery seem to be to backlogs. They think that I should be seen in several weeks (despite a letter stating there are backlogs) by neurology. But this is the same surgery who thought my scan results would be in a week adn they took 2 months.

• Sad
Trivial complaint, but the kettle broke yesterday and caused a power outage. I've only had this kettle for 8 months at the most and it was fairly expensive. I'd thought getting a pricier one would mean it'd last longer but apparently not.

Trivial complaint, but the kettle broke yesterday and caused a power outage. I've only had this kettle for 8 months at the most and it was fairly expensive. I'd thought getting a pricier one would mean it'd last longer but apparently not.
And I bet you never kept your receipt, under which you could have claimed for your statutory first-year warranty.

Reactions: 1
Fruit flies. Can't have fruit in the fruit bowl all summer. Little bastards :mad:
1)they really like the tomatoey sauce from beans etc, so I make a little trap from a tin with clingfilm over it, and a tiny hole they can get in but not fly out. 2) and those umbrella net food cover things are good, (assuming fruit bowl is on a big enough surface)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Didn’t pay for my haircut again earlier

As I’m walking out the door the barber starts frantically calling out to me to remind me to pay. I just look him right in the eye and say “what you gonna do pal, stick it back on with glue?”

I’ve used this same tactic on 6 or 7 different barbers this year and none of them have known how to deal with being challenged in this way

This is exactly why I don’t need to work. I went out for a drink with a couple of mates on Saturday and didn’t buy a single round. Neither of them felt brave enough to question my assertion that I’d left my wallet at home

I could never be a ‘wagie’ like them and work myself to the bone for someone else’s benefit. I do what I want, when I want

• Haha
Reactions: 18

As I’m walking out the door the barber starts frantically calling out to me to remind me to pay. I just look him right in the eye and say “what you gonna do pal, stick it back on with glue?”

I’ve used this same tactic on 6 or 7 different barbers this year and none of them have known how to deal with being challenged in this way

This is exactly why I don’t need to work. I went out for a drink with a couple of mates on Saturday and didn’t buy a single round. Neither of them felt brave enough to question my assertion that I’d left my wallet at home

I could never be a ‘wagie’ like them and work myself to the bone for someone else’s benefit. I do what I want, when I want
In todays installment of things that didn't happen...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Two things …

1. The bin men are on strike again 🙄

2. I had my eyebrows threaded and she’s taken too much off. I now look like fuckin Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummage. I just asked for a bit of tidying and shaping ffs 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Two things …

1. The bin men are on strike again 🙄

2. I had my eyebrows threaded and she’s taken too much off. I now look like fuckin Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummage. I just asked for a bit of tidying and shaping ffs 🤦‍♀️
My eyebrows were scalped just before I went on holiday this year. I’d been purposely holding off getting them done until closer to my holiday. I feel your pain.

Reactions: 2
My eyebrows were scalped just before I went on holiday this year. I’d been purposely holding off getting them done until closer to my holiday. I feel your pain.
Me too. My eyebrows were scalped and dyed jet black and I’m pale with blond hair. Ruined my life for three weeks…never had my eyebrows done again, too traumatised.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Me too. My eyebrows were scalped and dyed jet black and I’m pale with blond hair. Ruined my life for three weeks…never had my eyebrows done again, too traumatised.
Luckily I decided against getting mine tinted … I’m very pale with red hair and dark blond brows, usually a bit of eyebrow mascara suits me fine but I’ll be getting creative with the pencil I think till they grow in a bit.

Just had a WhatsApp from my daughter’s gymnastics teacher saying the class will go ahead on Monday with a minutes silence on the hour to pay respects to “Queen Elizabeth 11” 🥴 never seen that one before… 5 people have left the group.

• Haha
  • Wow

I'm going to ignore this knob from here on but before I do, I gotta say it! Genghis, you're a cockwomble of the highest order. Ffs grow up!

Smhhh if you’re going to come on here and fantasize about being a sigma male, at least make your lies somewhat decent. No one is impressed by this fake story about you scamming your barber out of a £10 short back and sides lmfao 💀💀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Smhhh if you’re going to come on here and fantasize about being a sigma male, at least make your lies somewhat decent. No one is impressed by this fake story about you scamming your barber out of a £10 short back and sides lmfao 💀💀
The original poster should also put their fantasy posts in the correct thread, this is the rant thread not a daily diary.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am sick of opening social media apps to see pregnancy and engagement announcements to then spend the rest of the day beating myself up over why none of that is happening for me. I know the answer is to just delete all the apps but I'm nosey so it's like my own form of personal torture :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I am sick of opening social media apps to see pregnancy and engagement announcements to then spend the rest of the day beating myself up over why none of that is happening for me. I know the answer is to just delete all the apps but I'm nosey so it's like my own form of personal torture :ROFLMAO:
Well you could take matters into your own hands!

i know the feeling , hope you’re ok xx

• Heart
Go on mumsnet instead and read how many people are in miserable relationships, hate their husband and are tired and exhausted from their kids. You’ll feel loads better

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.