What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf, I was actually thinking this morning that the UO thread had kind of had its day and the same old tit just kept getting brought up time and time again

Reactions: 12
I like this thread.Just have a rant. Nobody needs to reply. I don’t. Unless I feel I have something constructive to say🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Shortly after I got married a relative said to me 'did you get my cheque in the card?' and I said 'no' . They said 'I'll send you another one then' and it never materialised. 29 years later whenever I see them I desperately want to say 'still waiting for that cheque' 🤣

It never leaves you 👹
I’ve lost count of the amount of gifts my now FIL is waiting to be delivered. I’m still waiting on my special 21st birthday present, I’m 32 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My FIL once sent the children empty Xmas gift envelopes. When my husband politely pointed out there was no cash them he said “oh I forgot …” he’s never remembered 10 years since. 🙄

He’s never once bought his grandchildren a gift and our Xmas card from him always reads :

To Mr Teddy & family

… we don’t even get NAMED !!

We’ve been married 14 years !

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Came back from a walk yesterday and my car was scuffed and dented along the entirety of the passenger side 🤬

Some people are knobs !!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
The Will They Won't They media coverage of Holly and Phil, will they quit after backlash? Who cares?! Sick of seing their simpering faces everywhere. Just quit, you are both boring.

Reactions: 14
When does calling someone names, make you an alpha male.
His posts are so silly I’m pretty sure he’s taking the mick rather than expecting people will believe him.

I said something similar a week or so back and he liked my post anyway. 😂

Reactions: 2
I tried to be the bigger person when a friend did something awful to me, instead of arguing I just accepted that she could only see her version of events, didn't bother to argue my side and just left the chat.

Now, months down the line its like a festering rage inside. I feel like im fighting to urge to post cryptic facebook posts about how happy i am without them 😂
I should just delete them as every time they post something along the lines of the stuff we fell out about I feel this overwhelming feeling of relief, followed by the annoyance at myself that i didnt put her in her place 🙈
I know i need to get over it but i just want to txt her c u next Tuesday 😂

This is me right now!
Worst birthday week ever - Lost a friend through cancer, a friend through suicide and one of my closest friends has stopped speaking to me cos I went for Birthday cake ON MY BIRTHDAY, without including her, whilst she was at work. But she hasn't actually told me she's upset with me. I've messaged her husband to see if she's OK she's not replying to my messages. CBA with the drama - we're mid 30s and 40s!

I keep going between being really upset and really angry; but I'm determined to not message her, as I'm still waiting to hear back from her since my last message.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh. Rant Over.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
This is me right now!
Worst birthday week ever - Lost a friend through cancer, a friend through suicide and one of my closest friends has stopped speaking to me cos I went for Birthday cake ON MY BIRTHDAY, without including her, whilst she was at work. But she hasn't actually told me she's upset with me. I've messaged her husband to see if she's OK she's not replying to my messages. CBA with the drama - we're mid 30s and 40s!

I keep going between being really upset and really angry; but I'm determined to not message her, as I'm still waiting to hear back from her since my last message.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh. Rant Over.
Sorry about the 2 friends you recently lost. Its a shame when things like this happen that others dont realise how short life is and how utterly pointless going in huffs really is...

I hope your cake was nice!

My friends friend who thankfully is not my friend can be huffy like that. She could pop to asda while the huffy one is on holiday, and happen across a mutual friend and it turns into a planned trip out in her mind... its scary tbh how easily her mind travels to ppl being against her

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry about the 2 friends you recently lost. Its a shame when things like this happen that others dont realise how short life is and how utterly pointless going in huffs really is...

I hope your cake was nice!
Thank you. Unfortunately the cake was average and they got my drink wrong but never mind 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
His posts are so silly I’m pretty sure he’s taking the mick rather than expecting people will believe him.

I said something similar a week or so back and he liked my post anyway. 😂
Is that him there? 👇he's liked it again 😹

Reactions: 1
GP phone lines... Our surgery has decided to make getting through on the phone lines to book an appointment easier they are removing the dedicated results line. So now when you call for results you have to wait in a massive queue but at least if you want an appointment you get answered quicker. I rang in the morning and was 21 in the queue. Gave up and called 20 mins before closing... Number 16. Got to number 11 by closing.

My Nanna didn't realise the phone lines closed at 5pm and they didn't cut her off so she waited on the phone for nearly 2 hours one day before she realised. She used up all her free minutes on her mobile. Another time, she used the land line. She didn't realise that the tariff she was on only allows an hour of free calls at a time and was again on hold for nearly 2 hours. She paid 44p per minute for the second hour as per her tariff. But if she'd hung up after the first hour she'd have been sent to the back of the queue!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
GP phone lines... Our surgery has decided to make getting through on the phone lines to book an appointment easier they are removing the dedicated results line. So now when you call for results you have to wait in a massive queue but at least if you want an appointment you get answered quicker. I rang in the morning and was 21 in the queue. Gave up and called 20 mins before closing... Number 16. Got to number 11 by closing.

My Nanna didn't realise the phone lines closed at 5pm and they didn't cut her off so she waited on the phone for nearly 2 hours one day before she realised. She used up all her free minutes on her mobile. Another time, she used the land line. She didn't realise that the tariff she was on only allows an hour of free calls at a time and was again on hold for nearly 2 hours. She paid 44p per minute for the second hour as per her tariff. But if she'd hung up after the first hour she'd have been sent to the back of the queue!
Aw your poor nanna! I hope my surgery don’t do this. My mum would hang on expecting someone to answer

Aw your poor nanna! I hope my surgery don’t do this. My mum would hang on expecting someone to answer
I'm furious on her behalf! Each time was quite urgent too, relating to her diabetes so she couldn't hang up and try another time. I feel like making a formal complaint on her behalf but doubt it would achieve anything. It's not like they're going to pay the bill for her or magic up some more free minutes 😕

Reactions: 1
Nothing makes my heart sink quicker than the words 'you need to phone the surgery'. It can be soul destroying.

Reactions: 9
Nothing makes my heart sink quicker than the words 'you need to phone the surgery'. It can be soul destroying.
Mine have a messaging facility. It’s excellent when it’s actually ‘open’. They shut it more often than not as they’re just too busy to respond

I'm furious on her behalf! Each time was quite urgent too, relating to her diabetes so she couldn't hang up and try another time. I feel like making a formal complaint on her behalf but doubt it would achieve anything. It's not like they're going to pay the bill for her or magic up some more free minutes 😕
You’d think there would be a recorded message as soon as the lines are about to close? It would be best if the call then automatically ended. There is definitely a ‘closed’ message first thing when you’re trying to get through at my surgery. It’s 8.31 and it says the surgery opens at 8.30am 🤯

Last edited:
Foxes. Dogs. My inability to say no. All of the above.

I am currently dogsitting a friend's dog. This began as a one off but has become very frequent. Dog isn't too much extra work, but a bit temperamental, a very expensive pedigree worth a lot of money, and ateotd, not my dog.

Dog won't go in my garden at night cos it's pitch black, so we go for a walk round the block. Dog on lead, all fine. Until he sees a fox. He is obsessed with foxes (they are everywhere here, the joys of living in London, and are very bold); normally I see them before him and steer him away. Today he saw it first right at the split second I wasn't holding his lead tightly. So he tore after the fox, ripped the lead from my hand, pursued it all round the front garden, across the road and down into a little close of flats. Thankfully the fox was much faster and more athletic, jumped on the shed roof and was gone. The dog just sat there and waited for me to come and pick his lead up. Honestly it was the most stressful 30 seconds, thinking tit what if I can't catch the dog, what would I do etc. At least he had the good grace to look sheepish after!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.