What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just non stop moaning from me lately, 😔 sorry!
But … I’ve always accepted that I do the majority
all of the housework, shopping, cooking etc., because OH works hard and for much longer hours than me.

But he’s messaged me to “remind” me that he has to have a catch up with a colleague after work but won’t be too late, and he’ll let me know when he’s on his way.
And I feel so bloody annoyed and cheesed off.

1) he’s not reminding me - he forgot to tell me

2) this is how much I’ve slid into the role of having a meal on the table when he, and my kids when they’re at home, get in.

3) I’m tired, bored, sick of thinking about who’s eating what and when, and I’m sick of cooking

4) I wish everyone would STOP TAKING ME FOR GRANTED 😡

Phew 😥 rant over

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My daughter is desperately trying to study and the whole system is set to fail some students. Only one school within a 20 mile radius is offering the options she wants to take. We’ve found they either don’t do biology as a separate science (A Levels) or have biology and English literature in the same block. The one school is close to our house and because she has done one year of level 3 studies before deciding that course was too niche for her future they have said no. It’s not specific in the policy about this. It’s her birthday today too. I’m heartbroken for her. She’s broke her heart over it not having a clue what to do next. She also wanted to go back into school to make some friends as she is desperately lonely. I 100% believe that this has been discrimination because we explained she is autistic. I can’t prove it though. I thought they wanted kids in education?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My daughter is desperately trying to study and the whole system is set to fail some students. Only one school within a 20 mile radius is offering the options she wants to take. We’ve found they either don’t do biology as a separate science (A Levels) or have biology and English literature in the same block. The one school is close to our house and because she has done one year of level 3 studies before deciding that course was too niche for her future they have said no. It’s not specific in the policy about this. It’s her birthday today too. I’m heartbroken for her. She’s broke her heart over it not having a clue what to do next. She also wanted to go back into school to make some friends as she is desperately lonely. I 100% believe that this has been discrimination because we explained she is autistic. I can’t prove it though. I thought they wanted kids in education?
Unfortunately these days some of these places are only concerned with how the results look on them.

Is it an option for her to find an evening course for one of the clashing subjects?

Reactions: 5
Could she possibly do distance learning for the subject that clash?

Reactions: 4
Distance learning isn’t an option as she does need support. It just breaks my heart. She is a clever girl with the right support. I also feel sad that she is so lonely and wants to make friends. Her school wasn’t in this area.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know this has been brought up recently but shopping for clothes is so hard nowadays
I know I carry fat on my hips and stomach but everything I’ve tried on today made me look awful 😭 it’s really made me feel horrible
Then I went to look at shorts in H&M and the sizing is so inconsistent 😩 I’m usually a 12 on the bottom and thought they looked small so looked at a 14 and thought the same - I picked up a 16 and it fit like a glove
I know you wear the clothes and the clothes don’t wear you yada yada but it’s really upset me! Mainly because my 12s still fit in other bottoms so having a 16 in my wardrobe feels strange 😂 sizing needs to be more consistent

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know this has been brought up recently but shopping for clothes is so hard nowadays
I know I carry fat on my hips and stomach but everything I’ve tried on today made me look awful 😭 it’s really made me feel horrible
Then I went to look at shorts in H&M and the sizing is so inconsistent 😩 I’m usually a 12 on the bottom and thought they looked small so looked at a 14 and thought the same - I picked up a 16 and it fit like a glove
I know you wear the clothes and the clothes don’t wear you yada yada but it’s really upset me! Mainly because my 12s still fit in other bottoms so having a 16 in my wardrobe feels strange 😂 sizing needs to be more consistent
Cut the label out - I do. We were talking about having Primark clothes which can fit with anything from an 8 to 16 depending on fit. Madness.

Reactions: 10
Cut the label out - I do. We were talking about having Primark clothes which can fit with anything from an 8 to 16 depending on fit. Madness.
I do this now after many many years of beating myself up. Does it fit, yes, does it look ok, yes, do I like it yes. Label out 😂 think I said before my wardrobe is a 10-20

Reactions: 7
I've been told the problem now is that everything is laser cut, so the top of the pile is true to size but the bottom not so much (imagine cutting a ream of paper). I've definitely seen this in Primark two pairs of trousers the 'same size' with an inch difference at the waist. Echo the other poster about cutting the label out. I'm at 12 most places, 10 in Next and 16 in River Island !!.

Reactions: 9
I've been putting off cervical smear since last time having cells burnt out. Only to be told this time the cells that are developing are worse than last time. Yeah I'm stupid for putting it off but hoped the last treatment worked.
I have one of these tests too but I have unpredictable periods so never know when to book it

Reactions: 3
I am really annoyed that I’m feeling so insecure and comparing myself to women in their early 20s. Just wish I looked like that still :(
Meh, anyone in their early twenties can look great in leggings and a crop top. They haven't lived much yet.

Grey hair, stretch marks, wrinkles, stress, illness, children, money worries and shouldering your responsibilities will do a number on these women in time too. Don't worry about it.

Your early twenties are a time when most people can (and to a degree, should) focus on themselves. Let them.

Life catches up with us all, and women in particular earn their battle scars. Try and be proud of the physical evidence of a full life well lived.

If your body was a car you don't want to be driving it as pristine as the day it drove off the forecourt across the pearly gates. I'm hoping that I live my life to the full and rock up with tyres down to the wire, no wing mirrors and the bumper hanging off, metaphorically speaking.

Your body is your vehicle to live, not just exist to look nice, it's doing its best. Appreciate it if you can, try and look after it, but don't be afraid of putting some miles on the clock.

I always liked the advice to when looking for a new book to read, find the most abused looking book in the library and read that one, because it's the most well loved.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m being silly but I’m getting myself worked up. My dad is a large man, very broad and very tall and we’re going to a concert tonight and I’m terrified he won’t fit the seats. We almost always get aisle seats but this time we couldn’t, and I know it’s irrational to think this way as he is constantly at football games etc and manages even if it’s cramped, but concert etiquette has been so tit since lockdown and I’m worried someone will kick off 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m being silly but I’m getting myself worked up. My dad is a large man, very broad and very tall and we’re going to a concert tonight and I’m terrified he won’t fit the seats. We almost always get aisle seats but this time we couldn’t, and I know it’s irrational to think this way as he is constantly at football games etc and manages even if it’s cramped, but concert etiquette has been so tit since lockdown and I’m worried someone will kick off 😭
Nah, don’t worry about it

Most people still don't like to make scenes in public, the ones that do are very much a minority just a loud one. I'm sure you and your dad will be fine.

Reactions: 3
I'm currently wearing a pair of size 12 joggers and am normally a 16/18. Sizing these days is bollocks so try to just go with what fits rather than the label, especially in a shop.

My rant is more at myself. I've got so much to do and yet I'm drinking tea and watching Antiques Road Trip instead. Adhd paralysis is real 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ranting about bitter old women who think age gives them some divine right to talk down to younger people. Being alive longer doesn’t mean you have a right to talk to people like tit

Reactions: 14
Ranting about bitter old women who think age gives them some divine right to talk down to younger people. Being alive longer doesn’t mean you have a right to talk to people like tit
You would have loved the neighbour I had in the 80s when I was little. My God, she was unbelievable. She was so extreme with her entitlement she'd complain if I was playing in my own garden. Not even making noise, just like... doing gymnastics! She'd stand on her porch all the time and "survey" the neighbourhood and would have Opinons about everything.

(Is it really, really evil that I was happy when she died? She was legit that bad! :eek:)

• Wow
You would have loved the neighbour I had in the 80s when I was little. My God, she was unbelievable. She was so extreme with her entitlement she'd complain if I was playing in my own garden. Not even making noise, just like... doing gymnastics! She'd stand on her porch all the time and "survey" the neighbourhood and would have Opinons about everything.

(Is it really, really evil that I was happy when she died? She was legit that bad! :eek:)
Honestly if I get like that when I’m old, stick a pillow over my face

• Haha