What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the head neighbour keeps you up til after 1, gets you up at 4 … and then goes for a nap while us poor sods have to try and work on 3 bastard hours sleep.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Not a rant as such but just a sad thing I can’t get past.

held my baby neice yesterday and was stroking her little cheeks when her head lolled and as a result I ended up poking her in the eye. Can’t stop thinking about it and feel so awful when I remember her sad little cry 😭 genuinely so scared to hold her now
The silver lining to this is her age. She won't remember. Do that to a 5 year old and every so often they'll pipe up "remember that time you poked me in the eye?" Often at a really embarrassing moment.
Don't worry, even tiny eyeballs are sturdy things.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Can people please trim their bushes? Not a euphemism for anything! I keep almost getting hit in the face by bushes. And there's the issue of the amount of space they take up which means I end up walking into the road

• Haha
Reactions: 15

held my baby neice yesterday and was stroking her little cheeks when her head lolled and as a result I ended up poking her in the eye. Can’t stop thinking about it and feel so awful when I remember her sad little cry 😭 genuinely so scared to hold her now
If it makes you feel better, I was cutting my son's nails when he was a baby, and he moved his finger and I snipped a little bit of skin which bled :eek: He used to sleep with his hands in little fists but for weeks after kept this one finger out of the fist, like he was accusing me 😂😂

At least one of my friends also dropped him on the floor or bumped his head around the same age.

Babies are surprisingly resilient. Honestly don't feel guilty ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Our dog has become insanely reactive and barks at everything and nothing. The last few nights have been awful - she will suddenly hear something and launch herself across the room yapping like a demon and it takes ages to calm her down. Both of us are knackered.

We’ve tried white noise with a bit of success but it doesn’t always work. She’s been sleeping in our room for the last few months because when she was in the kitchen she’d keep waking up then too and initially she was much more relaxed when she was with us. She’s a year and 4 months so it could just be teenage angst but it’s driving me mental. We used to put her in a pen in our room where she was much better and slept pretty much throughout but she hated going in it and trying to catch her to put her in turned into a stress-filled chase around the bedroom.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Aww don't feel bad, I'm sure you meant to be gentle!

One time when my nephew was a toddler I threw him up too high and he hit his head off the ceiling 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Aww don't feel bad, I'm sure you meant to be gentle!

One time when my nephew was a toddler I threw him up too high and he hit his head off the ceiling 💀
It is amazing to see how my friends parenting style has changed with numerous kids, one friend was so over precious with her first but by the time the 3rd came along she literally stood by as he fell off the back of a sofa at about age 2.5 and just said oh well, it’ll teach him not to climb up there again😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can people please trim their bushes? Not a euphemism for anything! I keep almost getting hit in the face by bushes. And there's the issue of the amount of space they take up which means I end up walking into the road
Check your council's website, there may be a section to report overgrown hedges. They may not do anything just yet as it's officially nesting season, but once that's over they may send a letter to the owners.

I reported one at the top corner of our street because it was covering more than half the width of the footpath, then the idiots who lived there would park their cars up on the path so it was impossible to get past. It was also blocking visibility when pulling out of the junction. Within a week the woman who lives there was ranting on the local Facebook page about "sneaky people" getting her into trouble with the council, then a couple of days later her husband was out there cutting it all back.
Apparently the letters give them so many days to cut it back, otherwise the council come and do it and send the bill to the occupier.

Reactions: 8
It is amazing to see how my friends parenting style has changed with numerous kids, one friend was so over precious with her first but by the time the 3rd came along she literally stood by as he fell off the back of a sofa at about age 2.5 and just said oh well, it’ll teach him not to climb up there again😂
I swear kids are made of rubber, they ain't hurt.

• Haha
First world problems….my car has been in the garage having some work done on it since 8am this morning.
They said it would be ready by lunchtime.
I’ve got an appointment at 2.30, car’s still not ready, and I just know they’ll call to say it’s ready just as I’m sitting on the first of three buses I’ll need to take to get to the appointment 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel so much better after reading all of your responses! Its just so hard when you hurt a baby because you literally can't say sorry because they have no clue what words are yet 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Hi 🙆‍♀️ I dropped my phone on my babys face when he was <3 months old (I can't remember how old he was) when I was trying to take a cute picture of him on our bed but I had my front facing camera on and I lost my grip trying to switch the view.
---
We have multiple birds nesting in our bush which is now encroaching on our drive and the pavement but we can't do anything about it until they've left! I feel super awkward about it but equally I don't want to disturb the birds.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Kids 🙄 Not sure if it’s just mine, but they expect me to use actual magical powers to provide them with what they need AT THAT EXACT MOMENT. For example, 12 year old just came in and said “our theme for Friday is 80s icons”. What?!? What is happening on Friday? Had this been mentioned at any other point? What exactly am I expected to do at 7:30 on a Monday night when I’m ankle deep in a messy kitchen having just cooked dinner?!? Give me a break kid 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Kids 🙄 Not sure if it’s just mine, but they expect me to use actual magical powers to provide them with what they need AT THAT EXACT MOMENT. For example, 12 year old just came in and said “our theme for Friday is 80s icons”. What?!? What is happening on Friday? Had this been mentioned at any other point? What exactly am I expected to do at 7:30 on a Monday night when I’m ankle deep in a messy kitchen having just cooked dinner?!? Give me a break kid 🙄
Bit of a eyeliner, oversized shirt, black trousers and boots, Adam and the Ants ;)

• Haha
Bit of a eyeliner, oversized shirt, black trousers and boots, Adam and the Ants ;)
As it happens my youngest needed 80s accessories for a dance so I told the 12 year old to raid that box and be a generic 80s bod with leg warmers and net gloves 🤣 Honestly, they have some kind of insane request most days, as if I’m made of money and have nothing else to think about!!

Reactions: 8
Im 33 and do this constantly to myself and it gives me so much anxiety and insecurity.
I feel tit about myself. I’m sure some people would love to have my figure as it’s not horrific but I just hate that I’m getting older. I’m struggling to deal with it at 34.

Yeah, I'm 55 soon & I'm at the stage where I don't give a toss! Everyone else is really only thinking about themselves & don't notice anyone else anyway. Just try to be happy in yourself ❤
I love this. I need to work on my insecurities.

I'm so sick of my kids asking for sleepovers all the time. I hate everything about them. Sure have a friend come play but then please bog off back home. When did they become a thing.

Reactions: 14
Adult children being completely unreasonable. I have lots on both personally - trying to sort out a moth infestation and work wise (to the point I'm considering getting signed off sick because I am doing an entire teams work single handed and I'm overwhelmed). My adult son is well aware of this and yet he is having a massive huff because I won't look after his gfs dog for an evening so they can go out. The dog is ok, but requires constant supervision, has never been crate trained etc. But if I say no to having the dog, I have to go without my car for an extra day (whilst they're taking the dog to and fro), so it's a lose lose for me really.

• Sad
  • Wow