What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Around me at least it's because the weather is changeable and it's not just going girls, it's people of all ages and genders.

I'm always cold tbh and yeah I eat healthy, I'm not gonna get fat though just so I can sit comfortably in an air conditioned office 😅 I'm more like why do people complain about the heat when it's barely over 20 degrees or not even
I’m with you! I do have underactive thyroid but I feel cold if it’s under about 23. I do bring extra jumpers/jackets to the office and wear a coat in the meeting rooms that are 17 degrees 🥶

I did feel a lot warmer when I was 2 stone heavier, since I lost weight I definitely feel the cold more!

Reactions: 3
A bit behind due to long hospital visits and went to do my Amazon order and they have increased the minimum free delivery order to £35. I don't want their 8.99 a month offer or yearly thing as one month spend over £100 on husband's medical needs then maybe 20 the next. I made the £25 month order work but this is going to take some working out. Really pissed me off, as if I don't have enough problems without this.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
A bit behind due to long hospital visits and went to do my Amazon order and they have increased the minimum free delivery order to £35. I don't want their 8.99 a month offer or yearly thing as one month spend over £100 on husband's medical needs then maybe 20 the next. I made the £25 month order work but this is going to take some working out. Really pissed me off, as if I don't have enough problems without this.
Oh that delivery charge is high. How are you?

Reactions: 2
I was looking for something earlier & noticed the increase, to think it used to be £10! 🙄 I get a lot of regular items on subscribe & save, it's pretty flexible & don't have to worry about order value for delivery, worth checking if any of yours are s&s? Can see this increase having a substantial impact on orders placed & I wouldn't be surprised if it drops back down again soon.

Reactions: 1
Do you have any amazon lockers nearby? As I think the delivery to them is free or a lower threshold for free.

Bloody moths. They've damaged the carpet quite badly in my dining room and several of my books (I have several hundred books in that room but thankfully only 3 or 4 were damaged. Last weekend I pulled out all the furniture in there and cleaned/ sprayed everything with a vinegar/ water mix, I've also been vacuuming the whole house every day or at least every other day (and spraying the carpets too) and I'm still finding them, mainly in that room but also elsewhere in the house - on the walls and also in the carpet. I've put cedar blocks round the house as well, also lavender air freshener and actual moth killer and the keep coming. It's s really getting me down, my house feels dirty 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Bloody moths. They've damaged the carpet quite badly in my dining room and several of my books (I have several hundred books in that room but thankfully only 3 or 4 were damaged. Last weekend I pulled out all the furniture in there and cleaned/ sprayed everything with a vinegar/ water mix, I've also been vacuuming the whole house every day or at least every other day (and spraying the carpets too) and I'm still finding them, mainly in that room but also elsewhere in the house - on the walls and also in the carpet. I've put cedar blocks round the house as well, also lavender air freshener and actual moth killer and the keep coming. It's s really getting me down, my house feels dirty 😢
I was recently in Croatia and they sell a load of lavender items out there. Apparently it keeps moths away from closets and spaces. If you google lavender bags you will find loads for sale

Reactions: 4
My rant is what happened to a standard cold that shows up, peaks at 2-3 days then goes away?? Every time I'm sick these days it goes on and on and don't know what to expect, day 7 now and only got a mad cough a day ago

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My rant is what happened to a standard cold that shows up, peaks at 2-3 days then goes away?? Every time I'm sick these days it goes on and on and don't know what to expect, day 7 now and only got a mad cough a day ago
I was just about the rant the same thing. I got a cold 4 days ago and the cough has now started and I coughed so hard I've strained my voice :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
I was just about the rant the same thing. I got a cold 4 days ago and the cough has now started and I coughed so hard I've strained my voice :rolleyes:
Same, had sore throat at first which went away but now it's back because of the cough 😅 just impossible to tell, is it gonna be a 3 days or a 3 weeks long thing ugh

Reactions: 2
Are they really Carpet Beetles not moths - have you seen them, I did. We had them in our 1939 pub and had to get people in to sort them.. it cost a fortune. They ate through my husbands silk suits and Kashmir cardigans but never touched my polyester stuff. :) They ate through some of my old books. There was a documentary about one of the old houses who had them and they showed how they had to vac each and every day to get rid of them.

• Sad
They're definitely moths. I will keep up the vacuuming this week and see if that makes a difference. I've got lavender sachets as well, will get some more of those too.
Am going to order some of the sticky traps and hope that helps.

• Sad
They're definitely moths. I will keep up the vacuuming this week and see if that makes a difference. I've got lavender sachets as well, will get some more of those too.
Am going to order some of the sticky traps and hope that helps.
I’ve noticed an increase in moths in the last few weeks. They haven’t eaten my clothes thankfully, but I have seen more than usual in my house!

The prices of family holidays! I'm a teacher and considering a sickie on the last week of term - the price difference is disgusting. Have booked somewhere possibly dubious because there was so little choice of dates and the prices were just getting worse. What happened to last minute deals? I spent my twenties turning up around the world and figuring accomodation out when I got there, now I have two toddlers I couldn't take the stress but also I'm not confident I would find anywhere!

Carpets are probably not moths but carpet beetle

Seen some people arguing earlier online about the 2 child benefit scheme being scrapped. Personally, I don't think it should, I don't know how some people think it will help child poverty when it will just lead to more and more people having children they couldn't properly afford in the first place. I'm sorry but it shouldn't be up to taxpayers to have to pay for people having more children because Sharon down the street kept popping out kids when she can't afford them. having children is a choice, if you can't afford things currently, bringing a child into the situation is just selfish. There might be people who disagree with me and thats fine, you are allowed an opinion but I think the scheme should stay in place. It won't help child poverty, it will just lead to people sacrificing more children to miserable lives hoping they get money for them. I'd rather my taxes went to Foster Agencies to help train more Foster Carers to help children who need them, there are currently over 800 children in my area needing a Foster Carer/Carers and if my taxes went towards helping them find homes and be properly cared for, i'm all for it. But my taxes going to more child benefit for parents having more than 2 children? No, sorry. I really don't know who to vote for this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The prices of family holidays! I'm a teacher and considering a sickie on the last week of term - the price difference is disgusting. Have booked somewhere possibly dubious because there was so little choice of dates and the prices were just getting worse. What happened to last minute deals? I spent my twenties turning up around the world and figuring accomodation out when I got there, now I have two toddlers I couldn't take the stress but also I'm not confident I would find anywhere!
I saw a teacher on Tiktok the other night who'd used a week of her parental leave to take her kids away in term time. It just depends if you can afford to lose the pay.

Reactions: 7
My nephew being left out of a football party where his entire team are invited bar him.
I get the politics of parties (numbers/money etc) but he’s 10 and it is just a bit tit for him as he was playing with all his pals and they’ve all left him to go to this party.
Very similar happened to my daughter recently - she was beside herself, I’ve never heard her cry like that before… we had our own party at our house to make up for it. Unfortunately being left out is part of life sometimes, you have to say to yourself that you can still enjoy yourself and make your own fun. When I was about 10 I had a close group of girlfriends and one of them had a birthday, the parents took all the other girls to a theme park, I didn’t get invited… the mum never liked me and I knew it, and then that just confirmed it to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 11