What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friend threw a hissy fit anf bailed out of drinks this evening because another friend wanted a table indoor as opposed to outdoor, as she's highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and a garden table would mean we would be surrounded by smoker tables. Just take your cigs and step outside when you want to smoke, like you've done so all winter 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 8
A friend threw a hissy fit anf bailed out of drinks this evening because another friend wanted a table indoor as opposed to outdoor, as she's highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and a garden table would mean we would be surrounded by smoker tables. Just take your cigs and step outside when you want to smoke, like you've done so all winter 🙄
It's not like it's chucking it down or freezing outside either. I hope you still manage to have a nice time without her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have been going to a play group for a good few months now and regularly chat to a few mums there. In recent weeks it’s become really bitchy now I really don’t look forward to going even though my son loves it. Some of the parents were a bit mean to another because her son was being a bit naughty. They’re just kids. Now I feel like they’re going to shout at anyone else that has a kid who isn’t perfectly behaved. I loved going there but now I hate it and I’m going to have to find somewhere else to go ☹😖

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My nephew being left out of a football party where his entire team are invited bar him.
I get the politics of parties (numbers/money etc) but he’s 10 and it is just a bit tit for him as he was playing with all his pals and they’ve all left him to go to this party.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
My nephew being left out of a football party where his entire team are invited bar him.
I get the politics of parties (numbers/money etc) but he’s 10 and it is just a bit tit for him as he was playing with all his pals and they’ve all left him to go to this party.
I had this experience a couple of times with my son and it's a horrible thing for them to go through. One kid was in his class at school, as well as playing on the same team from when they were 5, always friendly with him yet my son was always left out of invites to his house and then to parties. His parents were a right pair of twats though so that's probably why.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
That's so rubbish for your nephew, I'm sorry. Even if it was a numbers / money thing it seems a bit unfair to exclude just one person. Did they mention why or not address it at all?

I had one friend all throughout school and I'd always go to her house / she'd come to mine etc. One year I wasn't invited to her birthday party because her mum suddenly thought I was a "bad influence" (I was a good kid and all other parents seemed to like me). It made me feel a bit rubbish for a while but her mum really was a bit of a snooty cow.

• Sad
That's so rubbish for your nephew, I'm sorry. Even if it was a numbers / money thing it seems a bit unfair to exclude just one person. Did they mention why or not address it at all?

I had one friend all throughout school and I'd always go to her house / she'd come to mine etc. One year I wasn't invited to her birthday party because her mum suddenly thought I was a "bad influence" (I was a good kid and all other parents seemed to like me). It made me feel a bit rubbish for a while but her mum really was a bit of a snooty cow.
He had no idea about any party until the kids he was playing with all had to go home to get ready for the party & one of his friends mums had text my sister double checking the time! They had training the day before too and the kid/parents never said a word about any party

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
This has brought back sad memories for me even though my son is now in his thirties 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That’s so awful 😢 how could anyone do that?! I’d rather not have the party at all than make a poor kid feel left out like that 😡
😞 This brings back memories for me, too - similar situation. In my case the mum told my friend I wasn’t going to the party because I was sly 😢 😢
I was so hurt. I was also a good kid, but I was incredibly shy around adults so maybe that made me unlikeable 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 10
That’s so awful 😢 how could anyone do that?! I’d rather not have the party at all than make a poor kid feel left out like that 😡

😞 This brings back memories for me, too - similar situation. In my case the mum told my friend I wasn’t going to the party because I was sly 😢 😢
I was so hurt. I was also a good kid, but I was incredibly shy around adults so maybe that made me unlikeable 😞
It's weird when parents make these sorts of comments about their children's friends and then try and exclude them from attending parties etc - especially when they're good friends. My friend's mum even went to the effort of asking the school to swap our seating plan so I didn't sit next to her, and called me up to tell me off for leaving her out of conversations (when it wasn't that at all - we couldn't chat because we didn't sit next to each other). She was kind of uppity though, I went round for dinner and the mum had a go at my friend for taking the last roast potato or something, I laughed because it was just awkward and I was about 9 and then the mum snapped at me "it's not funny" 😲

Some parents are horrible and never think their child is at fault - it's always another kid who is a bad influence.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This isn't really a rant just something I find strange.

Why do young people feel the cold so much these days???

When I started working in offices, it was always with older women who all felt cold and had heaters plugged in under their desks. I never felt cold when I was young.

Now, I'm the old woman in the office but it's all the weans complaining about feeling cold. And it's June - our office is like Ice Station Zebra in the winter.

It is an old building, it can be roasting outside but "cool" inside.

But it's mental how these weans always feel the cold. I think they eat too healthily - they need a good plate of mince and tatties in them 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

When I started working in offices, it was always with older women who all felt cold and had heaters plugged in under their desks. I never felt cold when I was young.

Now, I'm the old woman in the office but it's all the weans complaining about feeling cold. And it's June - our office is like Ice Station Zebra in the winter.

But it's mental how these weans always feel the cold. I think they eat too healthily - they need a good plate of mince and tatties in them 🤣🤣🤣
I feel the cold more because I have raynaurds. No idea how common it is amongst younger folk

Reactions: 4
I feel the cold more because I have raynaurds. No idea how common it is amongst younger folk
Reynauds sucks- I’m discombobulated with temperatures all the time- in summer I go red and feel faint most of the time with the heat, in winter I live my life attached to radiators with freezing cold extremities that go numb or turn white/blue. I live for cloudy average temperature days lol!
---
He had no idea about any party until the kids he was playing with all had to go home to get ready for the party & one of his friends mums had text my sister double checking the time! They had training the day before too and the kid/parents never said a word about any party
Oh bless, take him out for a bleeping fantastic day and a snazzy new pair of footie boots to make up for it! It’s awful to be left out like that.

I’ve smashed my phone screen 😞🤬🤬🤬 how much to repair iPhone 14 screen does anyone know? Google is very vague. I am so annoyed as I’ve never cracked a screen before. 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve smashed my phone screen 😞🤬🤬🤬 how much to repair iPhone 14 screen does anyone know? Google is very vague. I am so annoyed as I’ve never cracked a screen before. 😳
Not a 14, iphoneX? not sure, but recently had done for £70

Reactions: 1

I know what you mean, I see countless young girls walking around in puffa coats in warm weather, I’ve even seen a few today. But then they wear shorts that looks like knickers 🤣 don’t know if it’s a fashion thing wasn’t a thing when I was 16 🤣

• Haha
I know what you mean, I see countless young girls walking around in puffa coats in warm weather, I’ve even seen a few today. But then they wear shorts that looks like knickers 🤣 don’t know if it’s a fashion thing wasn’t a thing when I was 16 🤣
Around me at least it's because the weather is changeable and it's not just going girls, it's people of all ages and genders.

I'm always cold tbh and yeah I eat healthy, I'm not gonna get fat though just so I can sit comfortably in an air conditioned office 😅 I'm more like why do people complain about the heat when it's barely over 20 degrees or not even

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Hahaha this could be written about me! I’m shocking, always have the fan heater on under my desk. I’m mid 30s so don’t know if I’m classed as a youngster but yeah…!

I know it's shockingly small time but the absolute price hikes on Tesco Whoosh are so bad that I'd rather schlep to my local shop later than pay those prices. Even though I'm absolutely knackered and in pain. Fuckers 😒

Around me at least it's because the weather is changeable and it's not just going girls, it's people of all ages and genders.

I'm always cold tbh and yeah I eat healthy, I'm not gonna get fat though just so I can sit comfortably in an air conditioned office 😅 I'm more like why do people complain about the heat when it's barely over 20 degrees or not even
In on about when it’s hot and they still wear them, I know it’s not red hot today but the other year when it was 30 odd I saw loads of em.

We wouldn’t be British if we didn’t complain about the weather it’s what we are good at lol