What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend like this. She's moaned several times a day the past week or so. If she says "roll on winter" one more time I may thump her. When winter comes she just moans about not being able to get warm 🙄
Where do you live? Is anywhere in the UK actually hot right now? I thought everywhere is getting a beating with rain and cold, and a bit of sun here and there

Reactions: 4
Double rant this morning. The Jay Slater conspiracies and wannabe sleuths are doing my nut in. People really do believe any old tripe they read on the internet, don’t they?
I hope no one I love goes missing and these whackjobs are sprouting absolute shite. It's people saying "oh my dogs got a great nose" "try flying a banner over" the guy has probably just fallen or something.

It’s not even hot! It’s barely 22! That’s room temp! Hot is 30+ surely?

England has the most bland/temperate climate and people still moan. Move to Canada or Norway then, apart from then they’ll still moan it’s too hot indoors in winter (plus summers are hot there too probably)
---
Mine’s not a rant but just sad…I was meant to be visiting my parents who have an elderly friend from abroad visiting, I met him years ago. Had to cancel as I’ve got an absolutely horrid cold and don’t want to give it to him. Now I’m sitting at home feeling sorry for myself 😔
It's about 35°C here nowadays (I don't live in the UK) so fair enough it is hot but what's the point of bringing it up every time you talk to someone, I don't even know. And yes, in the winter she whines about days being too short and her flat not being warm enough. 🙄

Reactions: 3
I went down a rabbit hole with that on the Tattle threads earlier. The stuff coming from the Facebook groups is wild - fell down a volcano, stuck on a cactus, leave a trail of food. Utterly insane.
People are definitley taking the piss now. Leave food out and water in case he finds it? Give over

Where do you live? Is anywhere in the UK actually hot right now? I thought everywhere is getting a beating with rain and cold, and a bit of sun here and there
Oh this person moans when it gets above 15°. It's actually nice today, and I think we've got a good few days of it ahead. Forecast is for 26° on Tuesday...I might have to block her 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There's a road closure near us so we have the diverted traffic, it's fuckin awful, everyone speeding, especially the lorries, you really take your life in your hands trying to get out of our place.

• Sad
Oh this person moans when it gets above 15°. It's actually nice today, and I think we've got a good few days of it ahead. Forecast is for 26° on Tuesday...I might have to block her 😂😂
Just start complaining to her anytime it's cold which is usually about 80% of the year at least, she'll soon be sick of that 🤣

• Haha
It seems not one of my co workers can park a car.
Its a small car park and we are supposed to park beside the one before and not leave gaps.
First person in has a massive SUV and parked on the lines, this meant I had to climb over into passenger seat to get out as no way I could open my door and remain parked within the lines.
Next in also massive SUV and for some reason is incapable of backing into the space as far as they can so now I have to climb in wrong way again and then try to get around the monster truck. There is a small amount of space in front of cars to get out of parking spot and turn without hitting the wall of car park. Its so stressfull getting out every night worrying you are going to hit a car or take out the side of your own.
saw a job ad yesterday that actually said driving licence preferred because sometimes the Principal can't park his car!I told my work mate this and she was like can he eat his own food??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've been no contact with my mum for my whole adult life. At 15 I moved to live with my aunt because my mum got a boyfriend and prioritised that, saying if I didn't move out she wouldn't have a relationship.

Trigger warning: I talk about abusive things she did to me growing up and I put it behind a spoiler in case it triggers anyone.

For as long as I can remember she has been volatile and abusive. She's pushed me down the stairs, grabbed me by the hair and dragged me across the floor, got right up close to my face to shout, thrown my cds and things across my room etc. She was also abusive in other ways, measuring my legs and waist and comparing it to hers, calling me a "piece of tit" and then apologising after saying it was because she was on her period, picking out my laundry from the laundry basket and only doing hers, her boyfriend's and my brother's. She'd love to embarrass me when she had friends round. One made a comment about my weight (I was 14 at the time and he was a man in his 40s) and she smiled and later said "I would have defended you but looking at you I know what he said was true".

Eventually she wouldn't include me in any family meals so I had to buy food from the earnings I made from a little part time job I had. She also treated my brother much better than me, at Christmas he'd get new phones, playstations etc and I'd get a t-shirt and a dvd. She'd cook him steak and chips every day and I cooked whatever I could afford to buy.

I've not spoken to her very much since I moved to live with my aunt. Only at family gatherings but they are less now. In the few times I have agreed to meet her for dinner she'd get annoyed if I wasn't really speaking very much, saying how I wasn't making an effort etc. To be honest, we have never really had a fantastic mother daughter relationship so I don't understand what she was trying to rebuild. She'd always ask "what did I do that was so terrible?" And I'd say she was abusive and recount these things and she'd just go "you're a liar." Or she would say "well what about your father? He left when you were 8 (they divorced) because he didn't love you enough to stay."

My aunt got dementia in mid 2010s and my mum helped out a bit. They were estranged before that because my mum accused her of "stealing me away" even when in reality she told my aunt to look after me because she wanted things to work out with her boyfriend. She managed to get my phone number and address from my aunt (I never wanted her to have these things).

Every so often I'd get a text. Things like "what would you do if you found out I'd died? Wouldn't you be upset? We have lost so much time already." Truth is, I feel sad but not because we don't have a relationship. I wish her well and I hope she finds someone who makes her happy but she's so volatile I think it's difficult (with her last relationship sometimes they'd argue and it'd descend into her locking him out and shouting at each other through the letterbox, or her throwing his mobile phone into the garden, or throwing the remote control at him).

Anyway, I had heard from my cousin last year that she'd dropped her phone and lost all her phone numbers. They said she'd asked them to ask me for my phone number and I said no. I hadn't heard from her in a long time and felt more at peace. Then this morning I got a text from her saying "I hope you have a nice day. Phone is playing up". I know that's not a horrible message but it just made me burst into tears. I have no idea if another family member gave her my phone number or if she somehow managed to recover the numbers from her old phone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
This mania for Taylor Swift, I really don't get it at all, worlds gone mad!!
---
I've been no contact with my mum for my whole adult life. At 15 I moved to live with my aunt because my mum got a boyfriend and prioritised that, saying if I didn't move out she wouldn't have a relationship.

Trigger warning: I talk about abusive things she did to me growing up and I put it behind a spoiler in case it triggers anyone.

For as long as I can remember she has been volatile and abusive. She's pushed me down the stairs, grabbed me by the hair and dragged me across the floor, got right up close to my face to shout, thrown my cds and things across my room etc. She was also abusive in other ways, measuring my legs and waist and comparing it to hers, calling me a "piece of tit" and then apologising after saying it was because she was on her period, picking out my laundry from the laundry basket and only doing hers, her boyfriend's and my brother's. She'd love to embarrass me when she had friends round. One made a comment about my weight (I was 14 at the time and he was a man in his 40s) and she smiled and later said "I would have defended you but looking at you I know what he said was true".

Eventually she wouldn't include me in any family meals so I had to buy food from the earnings I made from a little part time job I had. She also treated my brother much better than me, at Christmas he'd get new phones, playstations etc and I'd get a t-shirt and a dvd. She'd cook him steak and chips every day and I cooked whatever I could afford to buy.

I've not spoken to her very much since I moved to live with my aunt. Only at family gatherings but they are less now. In the few times I have agreed to meet her for dinner she'd get annoyed if I wasn't really speaking very much, saying how I wasn't making an effort etc. To be honest, we have never really had a fantastic mother daughter relationship so I don't understand what she was trying to rebuild. She'd always ask "what did I do that was so terrible?" And I'd say she was abusive and recount these things and she'd just go "you're a liar." Or she would say "well what about your father? He left when you were 8 (they divorced) because he didn't love you enough to stay."

My aunt got dementia in mid 2010s and my mum helped out a bit. They were estranged before that because my mum accused her of "stealing me away" even when in reality she told my aunt to look after me because she wanted things to work out with her boyfriend. She managed to get my phone number and address from my aunt (I never wanted her to have these things).

Every so often I'd get a text. Things like "what would you do if you found out I'd died? Wouldn't you be upset? We have lost so much time already." Truth is, I feel sad but not because we don't have a relationship. I wish her well and I hope she finds someone who makes her happy but she's so volatile I think it's difficult (with her last relationship sometimes they'd argue and it'd descend into her locking him out and shouting at each other through the letterbox, or her throwing his mobile phone into the garden, or throwing the remote control at him).

Anyway, I had heard from my cousin last year that she'd dropped her phone and lost all her phone numbers. They said she'd asked them to ask me for my phone number and I said no. I hadn't heard from her in a long time and felt more at peace. Then this morning I got a text from her saying "I hope you have a nice day. Phone is playing up". I know that's not a horrible message but it just made me burst into tears. I have no idea if another family member gave her my phone number or if she somehow managed to recover the numbers from her old phone.
I'm so sorry for what you've been through, come join us in the narcissist and toxic parent thread in advice, sorry can't do links x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This mania for Taylor Swift, I really don't get it at all, worlds gone mad!!
---

I'm so sorry for what you've been through, come join us in the narcissist and toxic parent thread in advice, sorry can't do links x
Thank you 💕 - I didn't realise there was a thread on there for that and have joined now :) x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Me & LO had this last year when watching trolls. 2 kids and their mums kept talking throughout, despite me asking them to please be quiet. Me & LO eventually moved but the kids then followed us and started hanging off the backs of our seats despite me asking them not to. I’ve never had to complain in a cinema but ended up speaking to the manager about it who gave me 2x free tickets - which you’ve reminded me I need to use before they expire 😅
I went to see The Colour Purple this year. 2 girls had a big argument in the cinema. (I was unlucky enough to be sat right behind them) We got a free food and drink voucher.

Reactions: 5
I went to see The Colour Purple this year. 2 girls had a big argument in the cinema. (I was unlucky enough to be sat right behind them) We got a free food and drink voucher.
Two women in theirs 60s wouldn't stop talking through a cinema screening of a theatre production I saw earlier in the year. I went and spoke to the staff in the interval, they got a ticking off and I got 2 free tickets and some chocolates.

Reactions: 12

I‘m so sorry you had to deal with that at such a young age. Did you ever talk to anyone about it?

• Heart
I went down a rabbit hole with that on the Tattle threads earlier. The stuff coming from the Facebook groups is wild - fell down a volcano, stuck on a cactus, leave a trail of food. Utterly insane.
This one really made me LOL ... off topic but worth it

• Haha
I‘m so sorry you had to deal with that at such a young age. Did you ever talk to anyone about it?
Thank you ❤. I used to talk a lot to my aunt about it, she really helped me through that time when I was younger. I've had therapy in the past as well but it was during a time where she wasn't in touch a lot and so we didn't really talk about it very much beyond "set your boundaries with her to keep yourself safe". When I thought she had lost my number I put it all to the back of my mind and didn't really think about it, but seeing her name pop up on my phone this morning brought it all back again.

• Heart
I've got the afternoon off for one of the children's sports days Tuesday, also forecast 26 here, secretly hoping they cancel it ...

Thank you ❤. I used to talk a lot to my aunt about it, she really helped me through that time when I was younger. I've had therapy in the past as well but it was during a time where she wasn't in touch a lot and so we didn't really talk about it very much beyond "set your boundaries with her to keep yourself safe". When I thought she had lost my number I put it all to the back of my mind and didn't really think about it, but seeing her name pop up on my phone this morning brought it all back again.
You have every right to block her number for your own peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You have every right to block her number for your own peace.
I know I should - I have blocked her on WhatsApp. I felt better that she'd lost my number rather than having to block her, I know her actions in the past towards me were horrible but I can't help but feel sorry for her a little bit - she's a lonely middle aged woman with no friends or family or partner and it's because she's spiteful, controlling and volatile but she cannot see how her own actions have caused this.

• Heart