What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stop leaving voice messages on my phone—I have caller ID. I know it is you who called me. If I want to speak with you, I will call you back—if I don't, then get the bloody hint!

Reactions: 3
Just back from the cinema with the kids to watch Inside Out 2. A group of around 8 tween girls sat behind me cackling, swearing, kicking the back of the seats, filming TikToks and generally being annoying as duck. I took it for as long as I could before I loudly said "for the love of God, PLEASE shut up!!!" My own kids now hate me for causing a scene, but it was totally worth being called a Karen, because they calmed down. There were actual toddlers there who were quietier 🤯🤯. I guess I'm at that age - grumpy old woman 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
When people say “they’ve travelled down” but they’ve actually travelled up e.g London to Leeds “they’ve come down to see us” no they’ve come UP to see you. Idk why it annoys me so much I feel like the geography police 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
When people say “they’ve travelled down” but they’ve actually travelled up e.g London to Leeds “they’ve come down to see us” no they’ve come UP to see you. Idk why it annoys me so much I feel like the geography police 😭
My husband does this. We're in Essex and it's constantly were down to Norfolk. No its up!!!! Or up to London..nope that's ones down!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
abbreviated version: my Mums doing my head in 😞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s really warm here tonight but I can’t open my bedroom window as next door’s tacky garden light show becomes a hundred times more annoying.

Just back from the cinema with the kids to watch Inside Out 2. A group of around 8 tween girls sat behind me cackling, swearing, kicking the back of the seats, filming TikToks and generally being annoying as duck. I took it for as long as I could before I loudly said "for the love of God, PLEASE shut up!!!" My own kids now hate me for causing a scene, but it was totally worth being called a Karen, because they calmed down. There were actual toddlers there who were quietier 🤯🤯. I guess I'm at that age - grumpy old woman 🤣🤣
Me & LO had this last year when watching trolls. 2 kids and their mums kept talking throughout, despite me asking them to please be quiet. Me & LO eventually moved but the kids then followed us and started hanging off the backs of our seats despite me asking them not to. I’ve never had to complain in a cinema but ended up speaking to the manager about it who gave me 2x free tickets - which you’ve reminded me I need to use before they expire 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I took one of my children and some friends to see Mean Girls, as it was a 12A I went with them but booked a seat away from them so they could be 'big'. Anyway I got totally mean girled by the tweens sat in front of me 'what's that woman doing sat on her own, snigger' etc, etc. The irony was not lost on me. Tweens are the worst!.

Reactions: 17
Travelling back from our staycation and it means I have the next 5 hrs in a car. Just want my bed and my comfies 😂

• Haha
This is the main reason I won’t go to the cinema anymore. You spend a fortune to listen to people talk and munch, and people cant leave their phones alone for a whole hour.

We were at a live show the other day and someone rustled and crunched on a family sized bag of crisps the whole way through!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Double rant this morning. The Jay Slater conspiracies and wannabe sleuths are doing my nut in. People really do believe any old tripe they read on the internet, don’t they?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Washed a dress worn last week put it on now the boob area doesn't seem to be a tight and covering a last time. Going to be flashing all day.

Double rant this morning. The Jay Slater conspiracies and wannabe sleuths are doing my nut in. People really do believe any old tripe they read on the internet, don’t they?
I went down a rabbit hole with that on the Tattle threads earlier. The stuff coming from the Facebook groups is wild - fell down a volcano, stuck on a cactus, leave a trail of food. Utterly insane.

Reactions: 8
I went down a rabbit hole with that on the Tattle threads earlier. The stuff coming from the Facebook groups is wild - fell down a volcano, stuck on a cactus, leave a trail of food. Utterly insane.
"My labrador has a good nose, shall I send him?" 🤦‍♀️

It's seems to be that everyone just wants to be able to say "I told you so!" Or "I said that's what happened!"
It's like when people constantly guess that someone might be pregnant, then when they announce they are, they all go "oh I've known since X, I could just tell."

Reactions: 4
"My labrador has a good nose, shall I send him?" 🤦‍♀️

It's seems to be that everyone just wants to be able to say "I told you so!" Or "I said that's what happened!"
It's like when people constantly guess that someone might be pregnant, then when they announce they are, they all go "oh I've known since X, I could just tell."
The facebook groups are insane but the tattle thread is the funniest I’ve seen in a long time. I just can’t stay away! It’s hilarious 🤣

Reactions: 5
I am not good with hot weather, I don't enjoy too much sun and I prefer winter and colder months to peak summer. However the nonstop moaning about how hot it is is starting to drive me insane. That's all a couple of friends ever want to tall about, they act like they rolled into this city and country yesterday from Svalbard. You live here, you know it gets hot in summer, it has been this way for the past 10+ centuries and it will continue to be so. We know it's uncomfortable. Just wear some light clothing, drink plenty of water, turn on your fan and stfu. It's not like the weather decides to change because we've bitched about it sufficiently. I get complaining a few times here and there, but it's several times, every day, over and over again. Along with forecast updates, as if I can do something about it. The best part is, this person works from home and she can do all her work sitting in front of her fan in her undies with a frozen cocktail by her side. She doesn't have to put a foot outside the door until it's cooler. What are the rest of us supposed to do? Drives me nuts.

Reactions: 11
The facebook groups are insane but the tattle thread is the funniest I’ve seen in a long time. I just can’t stay away! It’s hilarious 🤣
I agree the Tattle thread is hilarious because they’re the only ones I’ve seen so far with an ounce of sense 😅 the Labrador bit got me big time. As if the police haven’t ever thought about things like that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am not good with hot weather, I don't enjoy too much sun and I prefer winter and colder months to peak summer. However the nonstop moaning about how hot it is is starting to drive me insane. That's all a couple of friends ever want to tall about, they act like they rolled into this city and country yesterday from Svalbard. You live here, you know it gets hot in summer, it has been this way for the past 10+ centuries and it will continue to be so. We know it's uncomfortable. Just wear some light clothing, drink plenty of water, turn on your fan and stfu. It's not like the weather decides to change because we've bitched about it sufficiently. I get complaining a few times here and there, but it's several times, every day, over and over again. Along with forecast updates, as if I can do something about it. The best part is, this person works from home and she can do all her work sitting in front of her fan in her undies with a frozen cocktail by her side. She doesn't have to put a foot outside the door until it's cooler. What are the rest of us supposed to do? Drives me nuts.
I have a friend like this. She's moaned several times a day the past week or so. If she says "roll on winter" one more time I may thump her. When winter comes she just moans about not being able to get warm 🙄

Reactions: 7
Third rant of the day. Stopped in a services for a wee and on the door was an abusive man begging, and then in the toilets I’m sure I was the target for a pickpocket.
Woman stood behind me looking lost, eyeing up the phone I had in my back pocket (only for a second whilst I washed my hands, I don’t keep it there!) and then as soon as I begun to wash my hands, she stood directly behind me. I made eye contact with her in the mirror and she would then move her body to have it blocked my mine, so I couldn’t see her, so I moved to keep her in eyesight. Think she clocked on to what I was doing as she then left the bathroom (she wasn’t waiting for anyone else as she left alone).
Proper got my back up now but thankfully I’m only two hours away from glorious home and all of my possessions remain mine 😅

• Wow
It’s not even hot! It’s barely 22! That’s room temp! Hot is 30+ surely?

England has the most bland/temperate climate and people still moan. Move to Canada or Norway then, apart from then they’ll still moan it’s too hot indoors in winter (plus summers are hot there too probably)
---
Mine’s not a rant but just sad…I was meant to be visiting my parents who have an elderly friend from abroad visiting, I met him years ago. Had to cancel as I’ve got an absolutely horrid cold and don’t want to give it to him. Now I’m sitting at home feeling sorry for myself 😔

• Sad