What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My rant for today and you might want to strap in for this one.

First of all I need to caveat this one with some context. I am mentally ill, properly diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I am diagnosed with cyclothymia, agoraphobia, GAD and BPD. Yesterday was my daughters graduation and I was determined to go to it, despite not leaving my home for about 4 years (apart from walking the dog around the block, early every morning for 15mins). We had to get a coach and cabs to get there which was extremely stressful for me but I was so looking forward to seeing my girl graduate and to spend the day with her.

We were walking back from the graduation, just chatting and enjoying the time together and some cunty "content creators" decided to come up to us, filming away asking what our dreams were. My husband said, not interested and he left him alone. Then he started on my daughter and her boyfriend, getting in their faces asking what their dreams were. My daughter was a bit embarrassed but tried to laugh it off but her body language was clear that she didn't want to talk to them, she then said no thanks, and tried to keep on walking. This bleep kept on at them, shoving a mike under her nose saying, "go on, tell me your dreams and i'll make them come true"
I don't know where it came from, probably just from the stress of the day and the fact we were in a big crowd trying to get through the hordes (it was Brighton sea front so pretty busy) but I just bleeping lost it. I shouted at him "WILL YOU JUST duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE! SHE SAID SHE'S NOT INTERESTED AND NOW duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE" I think I said something else after, I may have called him a bleep but can't remember because in the moment I was just so angry that her special day was being invaded by cunts who are just bothering people and using them to make monetised content.

I absolutely loathe content creators who film people in public, without their consent and who will not take no for an answer. I see my daughter so rarely because she has a job, her own flat with her boyfriend and obviously just recently finished a university degree, plus she lives a couple of hours away so any time I get to see her is precious, I just want to catch up and enjoy the time. I also don't want to be on film because I am fat, middle aged and trying to hold it together in an extremely stressful situation for me.

I woke up today absolutely mortified at the way I just lost it and I'm terrified I am going to end up going viral as a deranged Karen :( So if you see a short, fat, red headed, middle aged woman on social media anywhere having a melt down, it was me and please don't let me know as I am already in hell over it.
I'm sorry you went through that. If it's any consolation, I'd have reacted the same (if not worse). If you can, try not to worry (I know, I know!!!), the moment has passed. Grab a furry cuddle from your dog ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My husbands colleague has just handed in their 4 week notice. We’re supposed to be going on holiday 30th August so now husband is saying he might not be able to come if he can’t get cover. I’ve told him it’s not his problem if his stupid employers didn’t want to pay for more than two full time employees, what are they going to do if he goes on holiday? Fire him? Then they’d have no staff. He won’t see sense that he clearly has the upper hand.

Reactions: 12
@Kikini Bamalam , I loathe people who invade personal space and think it’s their right. Like those who are habitually late and think it’s acceptable, they think their time is more important than that of others.

I’d have lost my temper too , I’m fairly certain we’d have thrown a few expletives their way as well.

Hope you feel more positive soon ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

First of all I need to caveat this one with some context. I am mentally ill, properly diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I am diagnosed with cyclothymia, agoraphobia, GAD and BPD. Yesterday was my daughters graduation and I was determined to go to it, despite not leaving my home for about 4 years (apart from walking the dog around the block, early every morning for 15mins). We had to get a coach and cabs to get there which was extremely stressful for me but I was so looking forward to seeing my girl graduate and to spend the day with her.

We were walking back from the graduation, just chatting and enjoying the time together and some cunty "content creators" decided to come up to us, filming away asking what our dreams were. My husband said, not interested and he left him alone. Then he started on my daughter and her boyfriend, getting in their faces asking what their dreams were. My daughter was a bit embarrassed but tried to laugh it off but her body language was clear that she didn't want to talk to them, she then said no thanks, and tried to keep on walking. This bleep kept on at them, shoving a mike under her nose saying, "go on, tell me your dreams and i'll make them come true"
I don't know where it came from, probably just from the stress of the day and the fact we were in a big crowd trying to get through the hordes (it was Brighton sea front so pretty busy) but I just bleeping lost it. I shouted at him "WILL YOU JUST duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE! SHE SAID SHE'S NOT INTERESTED AND NOW duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE" I think I said something else after, I may have called him a bleep but can't remember because in the moment I was just so angry that her special day was being invaded by cunts who are just bothering people and using them to make monetised content.

I absolutely loathe content creators who film people in public, without their consent and who will not take no for an answer. I see my daughter so rarely because she has a job, her own flat with her boyfriend and obviously just recently finished a university degree, plus she lives a couple of hours away so any time I get to see her is precious, I just want to catch up and enjoy the time. I also don't want to be on film because I am fat, middle aged and trying to hold it together in an extremely stressful situation for me.

I woke up today absolutely mortified at the way I just lost it and I'm terrified I am going to end up going viral as a deranged Karen :( So if you see a short, fat, red headed, middle aged woman on social media anywhere having a melt down, it was me and please don't let me know as I am already in hell over it.
I'd have shouted too if they wouldn't take no for an answer. I can't stand being stopped in town by charity collectors or salesmen, especially whe you keep walking and they get in your way and wave as if trying to flag you down. Even worse if they are filming/using mic without consent on unsuspecting passers by. That shouldn't be allowed.

Try not to beat yourself up, in a few weeks time your daughter will likely only remember the graduation parts and spending time with you on that day.

And well done on pushing yourself out your comfort zone, you achieved attending the graduation ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Need a rant. Was having a argument with my mother basically cause her health isn’t the best and she isn’t helping her self I know I’m worse for trying to
Make her change her ways. I’m not a person to show my emotions like hugging and things like that.Like I give out but it’s only about like her health and why she won’t help her self, I’m probley like a moan bag but only in a worried kinda way. I was pissed off and my brother said suck it up and get over it and I said no I won’t and he said a few things but what hurt the most was he told me go kill myself that he has a rope if I want to do it. But of course I’m the one to come out the worse in this. My mam said you know your brother says silly things fukin annoys me my feelings don’t matter. Not sure why I’m even writing this but just pissed off was a hurtful thing to hear someone say that to you

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Angry
Need a rant. Was having a argument with my mother basically cause her health isn’t the best and she isn’t helping her self I know I’m worse for trying to
Make her change her ways. I’m not a person to show my emotions like hugging and things like that.Like I give out but it’s only about like her health and why she won’t help her self, I’m probley like a moan bag but only in a worried kinda way. I was pissed off and my brother said suck it up and get over it and I said no I won’t and he said a few things but what hurt the most was he told me go kill myself that he has a rope if I want to do it. But of course I’m the one to come out the worse in this. My mam said you know your brother says silly things fukin annoys me my feelings don’t matter. Not sure why I’m even writing this but just pissed off was a hurtful thing to hear someone say that to you
Bloody hell that’s an awful thing to say. No one should ever joke or say it in jest or flippantly. There have been so many tragic stories in the press about TW
suicide

❤ You are only caring for your mom.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Hundreds of people would agree with you and probably wish they had the balls to do the same !
It’s intrusive and annoying and has got out of hand.
Don’t beat yourself up, you’ve done nothing wrong 😊

• Heart

Don't waste anymore time thinking about it. They are absolute twats and you did nothing wrong. 99% of people would totally understand your reaction. I'd have probably given you a round of applause if I'd have been there.

As for daughter she will only remember what a monumental effort you made to be there with her.

• Heart
Rant: cringey influencers

some woman I saw is a “mum fitness influencer” that term itself makes me want to scrape my eyes out but she always uses the same phrases including “showing up” when what she meant is deciding to exercise. Eg I decided to show up for myself/ I showed up today/showing up today for me
She just meant I am deciding to exercise. What a stupid phrase and an annoying woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Rant: cringey influencers

some woman I saw is a “mum fitness influencer” that term itself makes me want to scrape my eyes out but she always uses the same phrases including “showing up” when what she meant is deciding to exercise. Eg I decided to show up for myself/ I showed up today/showing up today for me
She just meant I am deciding to exercise. What a stupid phrase and an annoying woman.
Are there any who arent cringey?

My rant... my uber eats driver cancelled and now my pizza is probably sat getting cold... looking for another driver over 5 minutes now 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
People who think they can try and take you for a bleeping mug. Do they just think I’m stupid and can’t see what’s going on? 🙃

• Sad
Moving house. Or not in my case. My buyers pulled out today as we apparently couldn’t agree on a completion date. The truth is they weren’t happy with the suggested date and wanted me to move out asap when I have nowhere to go! Good bleeping riddance. I’m glad I stood my ground

Reactions: 7
Was almost in an accident coming back from town there because a woman was in the wrong lane and nearly rammed into the side of me! Never had to emergency brake so hard in my 10 years of driving😖

If people just took a split second to look down at the markings on the road, incidents like this could be avoided (and my stomach wouldn’t be in my arse).
near me on the way to the town centre there is a roundabout. I have to cross it when i go into town and I do several times a day to get my Pret drinks.At least once a day lately there is a car that decides to change lanes at the last minute at high speeds just before the pedestrian crossing as if they do not know wtf they are going.. erm don't we have sat navs.

No wonder I want to ban cars.

Hop you are feeling ok btw
---
I hear you. Mine are at primary school and spend some of the summer at different clubs, play dates etc all organised by me. He's done nothing, I've sent him emails with details of where he has to help with transport when I can't be in two places at once. If i just tell him he won't remember. He literally has to commit to being available for about an hour on 4 days all summer but apparently this is such a massive ask. He goes on and on about how disruptive this is and how accommodating he is being. His work is really flexible and he mostly works from home. He just doesn't want to do anything. And breathe...
genuine question from an unmarried person after reading posts on here.. are these men you are marrying that useless before you got married (and if so why are you marrying them? ) or have they become like that after the wedding?

Reactions: 7
genuine question from an unmarried person after reading posts on here.. are these men you are marrying that useless before you got married (and if so why are you marrying them? ) or have they become like that after the wedding?
Naaahhh there will always be things that are irritating about a partner but being a bit lazy in terms of cleaning is not a relationship ender. Same way that someone being a good cleaner and useful around the house is not a good enough trait on its own if you hate every thing else about the person 😁

My rant from last weekend that I forgot: bumped into husbands friend and his wife, got talking about babies as our due dates were very similar. All she did was brag about how wonderful pregnancy and birth was, how she was on the exercise bike in the week before birth… whilst mine wasn’t bad at all I was sick a lot but all this woman did was brag how easy she found it all 😵💫 this is not something anyone wants to hear. it annoyed me a lot

Reactions: 9
You know when you’re so angry you almost shake? I seem to get that a lot these days. And I can’t work out whether it’s me taking things to heart or if everyone else is just a dick.
Common sense would indicate that I am the common denominator in these situations but I really don’t think it’s always my fault 😬

• Heart
You know when you’re so angry you almost shake? I seem to get that a lot these days. And I can’t work out whether it’s me taking things to heart or if everyone else is just a dick.
Common sense would indicate that I am the common denominator in these situations but I really don’t think it’s always my fault 😬
A mixture of both x

Reactions: 1
I have a nice day out planned. Its going to take 40 mins to get there. I like being early to places to ensure we get a nice parking space (yes I'm that person that googles parking and worries about parking situations) I am still waiting for the teenager to rise from his pit. I've been in and called him twice and he's said yeah I'm coming. I would have liked to have left at at least 9am. We're not going to get there until after 10 now.
Tiny in the grand scheme of things and sometimes I hate being an early bird but I hate being "late".
Some of my friends don't start their days until after 11 and it makes me itch 🤣

Reactions: 15
I have a nice day out planned. Its going to take 40 mins to get there. I like being early to places to ensure we get a nice parking space (yes I'm that person that googles parking and worries about parking situations) I am still waiting for the teenager to rise from his pit. I've been in and called him twice and he's said yeah I'm coming. I would have liked to have left at at least 9am. We're not going to get there until after 10 now.
Tiny in the grand scheme of things and sometimes I hate being an early bird but I hate being "late".
Some of my friends don't start their days until after 11 and it makes me itch 🤣
My parents are like this when they're not in work and it drives me nuts! If I ever want to go and see them I have to wait until at least 11 and I'm like ????? but half the day is gone?? It's annoying when you're an early bird having to plan your day around people who are not 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.