What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m getting so fed up with my husband. I don’t know what his purpose is except creating work for me and getting under my feet. That’s a bit harsh but I’m so frustrated. I do love him but he’s a right idiot sometimes and not even a fun one.

this is the second weekend in a row where we’ve had no plans. I’m a structure person I like to plan my day, we have a 5yo and a 5mo so it’s crucial really to know how our time is being spent, I think.

he’s still in his pyjamas and hasn’t eaten breakfast. He’s been up since 7 but he’s his own worst enemy. He just grumbles and mumbles about the place like a moody useless teenager. He’s a good dad and my daughter(s) adore him. He did buy the 5yo an electronic kit to play with together which she was so excited about. They started playing with it this morning which was great, lovely, but I came downstairs and the review of the morning is mixed. Daughter has this utterly beautiful, rapunzel style hair that she loves wearing down, but when she’sdoing crafts and experimenting we put it up for her. Husband is incompetent when it comes to piecing sequences together and has no foresight whatsoever so often finds himself in completely avoidable situations. So this is a long way to say because her hair wasn’t tied back when they were building the electronic fan her hair has got caught up in it and has become a matted mess. She was unbothered about it on the whole but he apparently freaked out and that upset her. I wouldnt mind all this but who do you think has to solve the problem? Yes, that’s right, I’m the one with the anti-tangle spray, the conditioner, the tangle teezer, the pin, the patience. I’m the one looking at this mat of hair thinking there’s no way to unpick it. I had to tell her that I needed to cut her hair and take her to the hairdresser on Monday, who do you think would book that , take her,pay for that, and the toy she’s cheekily asked for “for being brave”? All while husband hangs around like a spare dick at a wedding.

Eventually the anti tangle spray and the conditioner set in to the hair and I managed (I really don’t know how) to work it out bit by bit with the pin.

he asked me what’s wrong and I explained it to him and now of course he is sulking. I di very much suspect he has a bit of burn out and depression, we’ve been together 13 years and the depression thing has hung over us almost all of it. He never gets help. It’s so frustrating.

on top of that I needed to pick up his watch (a present) from the jewellers last week but due to him dicking about so much I never got to, I’ve just made it down to the shop and there’s a sign up saying closed for the week. Hello, FML. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 I’ve had it now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There is, you can't advertise a product for a price, then change it at the time of sale. It is illegal, the same way that selling a product that is not what's advertised is illegal. I realise there will be no way to enforce that on Facebook and that's not why I'm upset. I just brought it up to drive home to him that it was a crappy thing to do to me.
Interesting, not something I was aware of, what legislation is that coming from? Not saying it's right but didn't know it's illegal

Reactions: 1
Interesting, not something I was aware of, what legislation is that coming from? Not saying it's right but didn't know it's illegal
its not illegal, it's bloody annoying though when it happens to you. I run a couple of selling groups and often someone comes on and puts something quite valuable for free or a low price and I will advise them to take it off and find out its value even if there are 30 comments asking for it and offers accepted, people rant and rave and report to FB but no laws to say you cannot change your mind. Even shops don't have to sell you something at the price on show, if they don't want to or realise a mistake was made.

Reactions: 2
its not illegal, it's bloody annoying though when it happens to you. I run a couple of selling groups and often someone comes on and puts something quite valuable for free or a low price and I will advise them to take it off and find out its value even if there are 30 comments asking for it and offers accepted, people rant and rave and report to FB but no laws to say you cannot change your mind. Even shops don't have to sell you something at the price on show, if they don't want to or realise a mistake was made.
That's what I thought! Definitely annoying though, I just always assume buying or selling anything in FB marketplace is going to be a pain, heard too many bad stories

Like in supermarkets when the shelf says one price and it scans at another higher price. The shelf label is just an invitation to buy it at that price. If it scans at another they don't have to honour the lower price they can just remove it from sale

Reactions: 3
Like in supermarkets when the shelf says one price and it scans at another higher price. The shelf label is just an invitation to buy it at that price. If it scans at another they don't have to honour the lower price they can just remove it from sale
This pisses me off about Morrisons where I've found things 10p more at the checkout as opposed to the shelf price. This soon adds up. 🤬

I thought they had to give you what price it says on the shelf???

Reactions: 4
We did camp bestival for the day yesterday living close by & it’s our second time, I kinda knew what it was like but Jesus it’s more middle class/yummy mummy as ever. The thing is the facilities toilets etc were the worst considering it was a family evening. I could not imagine camping there, we saw where friends were & everyone was on top of eachother 🤢 we spent 80 just on food yesterday for me & my daughter, that’s taking our own drinks. I’m a moaning Minnie & I know it 🤣😂 acts were shite too

No.
Because there's nothing stopping someone from swopping price stickers, for example, and claiming that it was the price that was on the item.
Usually it says the product and size on the label on the shelf? I’ve always thought they had to give it whatever price is on the shelf 🙃

I’m feeling a bit sad, it’s my birthday soon and I always meet up with a friend once a week, she has cancelled on me because she’s going to another event with a different friend.

Yet whenever I try to organise anything on the day she sees this other friend she refuses. Normally I don’t really care, but it’s because it’s the day before my birthday that it’s bothering me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
No.
Because there's nothing stopping someone from swopping price stickers, for example, and claiming that it was the price that was on the item.
They can try but they wouldn;t get far/past me. On one of my stints at M&S we had a customer come to the till with a pair of womens shoes. There was no way on Gods green earth they were only £10. What the dumb customer didn;t realise was it came up on the till as womens slippers because thats obviously what she'd peeled the label off. Of course we were not allowed to say anything but boy did she get a sarcastic I think that must have the wrong label on spiel from me as if to say i know your game madam nice effing try

Reactions: 1
They can try but they wouldn;t get far/past me. On one of my stints at M&S we had a customer come to the till with a pair of womens shoes. There was no way on Gods green earth they were only £10. What the dumb customer didn;t realise was it came up on the till as womens slippers because thats obviously what she'd peeled the label off. Of course we were not allowed to say anything but boy did she get a sarcastic I think that must have the wrong label on spiel from me as if to say i know your game madam nice effing try
Um...That was the point I was making.

If the shop had to sell at the displayed price (THEY DON'T) then that would be an open invitation for people to try nonsense like swopping labels/ price stickers.

Reactions: 4
There's a good line in an Adrian Mole book, where he says that his kids are always asking him at the weekends "What are we going to do today?" He says "I don't remember ever doing anything at the weekends when I was a kid. I just skulked about the house till it was time to go to bed."
I am the boring nit picker who raises an eyebrow at suspicious information touted as fact. As a relatively new mum I have obviously been bombarded with suggestions on what food / classes / toys are needed to raise a well balanced child.

Some of the most frequently touted modern parenting information is utter bullshit. Completely fictional in most cases and based of wafer thin evidence that doesn't have statistical relevance, but somehow it's all over the internet as fact.

I honestly think we are seeing the products of modern parenting emerging and it's not looking great.

I think a lot of the studies are looking for what makes children happier, but in the long term really doesn't help them. I think if you want happy kids it probably works fine, but if you want them to become happy adults it doesn't. Just my novice parent take on things.

Not so much a rant as a silent scream.....
My first hairy.monster visitor of the season 😱
Doesn't he realise he's got the wrong kind of female?
OMG! I've lost sight of him. Where the duck as he gone? Under the bed, in the wardrobe?
He looks like a bloody tarantula!!! 😩

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I spent the day with my sister and we took some photos, the ones she's taken of me I look so big 😭😭

Its not her photos I'm ranting about but honestly I didn't realise I looked that big, when did this happen? I know I'd been sedentary alot through covid, with university and I'd lost some of the weight but then had a 6 month period of sickness where I laid around alot. And my ex was a big guy who ate alot of takeaways so when we saw each other that was the option but I haven't been with him for over 2 months or seen him in ages.

But I didn't realise how big I look, I mean I feel big but honestly didn't realise I looked this awful and unhealthy I am very disappointed in myself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It's part of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. It's an offence to mislead a customer about the price of something, but only if done intentionally (so it doesn't apply to things like if you go into a shop and they've left out a 50% off sign when the sale is over). An intentional bait and switch is illegal. As Chasity Dingle says, if you don't want to pay the higher price, the seller can refuse to sell it to you, they're not under obligation to sell it. That last part isn't illegal, it's just crushing when it happens to you.

Anyway, the legal thing was never my point in any of this, I was never going to try and take action, it's only cash-in-hand FB marketplace, I just said it to him to illustrate that I wasn't going to pay him and I wasn't going to be swayed by his attempts to make me feel like I was in the wrong.

I didn't come here to quote laws, that comment was a very very very small part of my post: I was saying that I needed a thing, I was really happy to find it for free, he said I could have it, then he just expected me to be ok with it when he asked for money, then when I said no he sent loads of messages laughing at me and calling me stupid. On top of that, I didn't get the item that I really need and which is usually prohibitively expensive, so I'm really disappointed. Maybe you could just have read and understood my feelings rather than contradict me on one very small point that I didn't even make a big deal of.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.