What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't get over how wasteful people are ... e.g., Throwing out a merino wool jumper because it has a hole in it ... Iron-on patches are affordable and do the job perfectly!

Reactions: 9
Can’t believe she did that with all the cameras etc. Did she think she’d get away with it?! Totally stupid. I hope she gets in loads of trouble for it

Reactions: 3
I just found out the post office is open til 5:30 round here too just stopped myself texting her about it
Okay so THEN I took it to the shitting bloody post office and they wanted £12 to send it. Guy’s a fucking bandit. I checked online before going and there was a 24hr tracked for £3.99 but he said it was £12. Told him to give it back to me and sent it by Evri who charged me £4.44

Reactions: 5
@InkHeart can you contact work today and tell them you went back in the building last night.?
Honesty is probably best. Let them know you felt endangered outside and , however wrong and against the rules, you felt it was the most responsible thing to come back in . Do it by email if its easier.

Reactions: 10
That's a live stream on YouTube of sinead o Connors funeral procession and they are playing music and people are cheering and clapping and stood beside the Hearst taking photos through the window surely this is in bad taste ?
Or is this the normal now there doesn't seem to be any mark of respect like bowed heads or silence

Reactions: 6
Foxes get at our food bin sometimes, they leave the bags and food all over the front lawn, I always clear it up before
I goto work. It's a right pain in the arse, the last thing I want to do is clean up after the foxes. Sometimes the bags and
food are in the back garden which I also deal with.

On the subject of food bins, my not so nice neighbour hasn't washed out their food bin since they moved in a couple
of years ago. I sometimes bring in our bins and theirs because they sometimes bring ours in. These neighbours are
a young couple with a child, they have no idea how to deal with waste management. In fact they don't even mow their
own lawn, someone else does it for them.

Bloody idiot men drivers. I stopped at a pedestrian crossing today because the lights were on red. Some dickless wonder came up behind me and blasted his horn at me accompanied by gestures. I assume because no one was crossing he thought it would be ok for me to ignore the red light. Absolute arsewipe

Reactions: 12
I can't get over how wasteful people are ... e.g., Throwing out a merino wool jumper because it has a hole in it ... Iron-on patches are affordable and do the job perfectly!
WTF?? many people wear clothes with holes in "Because it's trendy", taking the jumper down to a charity shop would have
been better.

Reactions: 1
WTF?? many people wear clothes with holes in "Because it's trendy", taking the jumper down to a charity shop would have
been better.
nah i both volunteered in one and was an assistant manager for a while. we wouldnt have been able to sell it. we used to have a £1 rail for things slightly lesser quality but they did away with that when they turned the shop all chintzy aesthetic and bunged all the prices up. PPl used to go nuts for the £1 rail and we still made money on items that would have been thrown away or sent to the rag man

Reactions: 6
I’m up for redundancy. I’m terrified. The process is going to take like a month.
I don’t know how I will cope. I’ve always worked.

Reactions: 16
I’m up for redundancy. I’m terrified. The process is going to take like a month.
I don’t know how I will cope. I’ve always worked.
It is scary having that in front of you, but this way you have time to get your head around it and decide what you want to do afterwards. I got made redundant after 10 years and after the initial shock and upset, it was the best thing that could have happened.

Are they offering any support for preparing yourself for job hunting?

Update: the admin office got back to me and told me everything's fine as long as I pay a small fine for late application (€20). Yay!!

Reactions: 20
Job interviews. Recently graduated and after lots of rejections I have an interview tomorrow - not the best job or pay but I’m really hoping I get it as I’m running out of £ 🥲 SO NERVOUS it’s my first full time job interview!!!

Reactions: 13
Okay! I know where most of you will probably go with this, but I do need to get this off my chest. My husband pays for everything and gives me a generous allowance each month (old school) I know. This money is to pay for whatever I want. He generally pays for my hair, nails and some clothing. I love spending this money and usually to benefit others. Tonight his sister questioned as to whether he was paying for my up and coming holiday? He said no that I was paying for this out of my allowance. I might add that I’m paying for my daughter ( who is not his and is an adult who doesn’t live with us) and partly I’m paying for my sister! I’m so angry that he has told her our private business! Am I wrong or right to feel this way?

Reactions: 2
My immediate thought was wtf has it got to do with her?
and then
was he trying to defend you and let out too much? as men can do when cornered by their sister(s)
and then
is she jealous of your arrangement?

Whatever it was she sounds rude....

Reactions: 8
Money is a private matter between a married couple, my husband gives me a ‘top up’ financially each month, but it’s my business how I spend it .His sister sounds nosy and he should have said “i don’t want to discuss our family finances I’m afraid “.

Reactions: 8
Lucky you, though!

Reactions: 7
My husbands bloody alarm woke me up.
Had to kick him to wake him up so he would stop it going off, then he's straight back to snoring. While I'm wide awake! The children are away so my plan was a lovely long lay in and he's ruined it. Arsehole.

I was still awake at 3am too because I couldn't sleep

This is defo one of the worse things about having a husband!! Turns it off and goes back to sleep. It goes off again 10 min later and he does the same thing. Waaahhhh I feel your pain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.