What are you cooking for dinner? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
first sautee onions then add some garlic, always on butter rather than oil, then add mushrooms (today i have a mix of portobello and shiitake) and spice them as you wish, the usual salt and pepper, i always add a bit of cayenne pepper, then a drizzle of white wine, give it a few minutes, then cream and you can also add a little bit of mustard if you like it. then parmesan and parsley and mix it a little bit more, then add the gnocchi you made in the meantime. when serving i always add a little bit more parsley, extra pepper and parmesan on top. so simple but so delicious :)
This sounds delicious, I have some dried mushrooms on hand. Definitely trying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Roast chicken with roast potatoes, broc, carrots, cabbage, yorkshire puds with lotsa lotsa gravy :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ham , eggs , chips and beans with thick cut bread and butter to mop up juices

Reactions: 1
Enchiladas.

I’ve fallen off the wagon this week with my diet and exercise. Having one last not so great meal before being more disciplined next week!

Reactions: 3
Roast pork stuffing roast potatoes cabbage carrots peas, Yorkshire pudding and gravy

Reactions: 2
Macaroni cheese with a breadcrumb topping and broccoli on the side

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Getting a bit predictable with roast chicken.
Had this to drink, but it's too sweet for me. I only bought it because it was on offer, but I should have known really since I don't like rose and am not even too keen on white wine.

Edit: the things on the plate that look like chips are actually honey roast parsnips (from Aldi, I didn't make them)
My husband wondered why I'd thrown a handful of 'chips' on the plates and wasn't too thrilled when he ate one and discovered what it actually was 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.