What are you cooking for dinner? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a Mother Hubbard situation in the house. Cupboards are definitely bare. Need to do a food shop tomorrow morning. It'll either be beans on toast tonight or something from the back of the freezer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think we're having cottage pie or shepherds pie. All I know is that its a pie :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm eating a Chinese Chow Mein Pot Noodle at the moment, tonight spaghetti bolognese using a Colman's mix and a baby can of tomatoes.

Reactions: 2
Steak with peppercorn sauce, sweet potato chips, onion rings, fried mushrooms and some tender stem broccoli

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have some gnocchi in the fridge, how do you make your mushroom sauce?
first sautee onions then add some garlic, always on butter rather than oil, then add mushrooms (today i have a mix of portobello and shiitake) and spice them as you wish, the usual salt and pepper, i always add a bit of cayenne pepper, then a drizzle of white wine, give it a few minutes, then cream and you can also add a little bit of mustard if you like it. then parmesan and parsley and mix it a little bit more, then add the gnocchi you made in the meantime. when serving i always add a little bit more parsley, extra pepper and parmesan on top. so simple but so delicious :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We are getting an Indian takeaway too. Haven’t decided what to get yet...

• Heart
OH wants sausage, egg and chips and I don't eat them so I bought a Vegan Pizza to have 1/2 today and tomorrow with salad and grilled mushrooms.

We're having a takeaway tonight but I can't decide if I want pizza or Korean street food instead.

• Heart
Toasted baguette with sweet chilli chicken, cheese, tomato, and some chips on the side. 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.