What are you cooking for dinner? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chicken thighs with chorizo and pepper on top. With a side of spicy rice and corn on the cob. Maybe tenderstem brocolli if I'm feeling fancy

Reactions: 1
Tonight’s dinner will be fillet steak with chips and pepper sauce and coleslaw on the side. I’m going to demolish a load of cheese and crackers before that though ☺

Already had an early tea tonight. I had salmon , new potatoes and mixed veg with a low fat cheese sauce (home made) as trying to lose a bit of weight. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and it’s depressing 🤯😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got fresh bread from the bakery this afternoon, so having a few slices of that with some cheese and some nibbles. I could eat the entire loaf if there weren't consequences, fresh bread is my favourite thing. 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got fresh bread from the bakery this afternoon, so having a few slices of that with some cheese and some nibbles. I could eat the entire loaf if there weren't consequences, fresh bread is my favourite thing. 🥺
Ughh me too love it with some soup

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have you ever made your own soda bread? It’s really easy, no yeast so no raising required. Makes nice toast too.

We’ve made 2 small ones of these puff pastry trees for dinner! One with cheese and marmite, one with pesto and goats cheese. We’ll have them warm with a loaf of sourdough bread and butter 😋
4F48983B-D91B-43E1-A83F-9BFD8D9871DD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have you ever made your own soda bread? It’s really easy, no yeast so no raising required. Makes nice toast too.
You might find American recipes which use dried fruit. I don’t make that type but I make one that requires just flour - I prefer a mix of brown and white - bicarbonate of soda, buttermilk, which you can make with milk and lemon juice or vinegar, but I often use plain yogurt and thin it out a bit, some people add a bit of sugar. I haven’t made it for a while, but look on BBC Good Food site or the Darina Allen/Ballymaloe site. I’ve also made roll versions.

• Heart
You might find American recipes which use dried fruit. I don’t make that type but I make one that requires just flour - I prefer a mix of brown and white - bicarbonate of soda, buttermilk, which you can make with milk and lemon juice or vinegar, but I often use plain yogurt and thin it out a bit, some people add a bit of sugar. I haven’t made it for a while, but look on BBC Good Food site or the Darina Allen/Ballymaloe site. I’ve also made roll versions.
Darina Allen is on YouTube making her bread! I watched her making a white version 😋 and spread with Kerrygold butter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.