What are you cooking for dinner? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Traditionally it would be a family gathering and a nice Sunday roast. But given all this Covid rules & regs confusion, we've decided to stay put in our separate homes.

As a consequence, I think i will make myself something easy for dinner later today - probably a small Full English

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Gigantes plaki (butterbeans in a tomato sauce), griddles aubergine slices and a Greek salad.

i think Goan Fish Curry (Gousto recipe). We have a pack of fish that is two days out of date, i think i am going to be slightly brave here and throw that fish into our curry to potentially mask any funny taste. It think it should be fine :unsure:

do people eat out of date food?

Chili con carne (with turkey mince) and garlic baked potatoes. Just had it and I'll need to invest in a chair lift to get back upstairs lol.

Tonight we are having dahl with jasmine rice.
This is the recipe in case anyone is interested:
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cups vegetable broth
400ml coconut milk
400g diced tomatoes
1.5 cups red lentils
And I often add potatoes, cauliflower, and chickpeas too.

Heat the oil, sautee onion, garlic, and ginger. If using, throw in the potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas, along with the tomato paste, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook on low for 30 minutes (covered) until lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper.

It is so easy but tasty.

Tomorrow we are this pasta.

Wed, we are having salmon with potatoes and veg.
For the salmon and potatoes, we heat the oven to 375, season salmon with thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. And potatoes with oregano or thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic. Throw the potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes and the salmon for 25. Another nice way to do the salmon is with lemon juice, some lemon pieces, garlic, and capers.

Thurs and Fri, we are making these enchiladas. We buy proper corn tortillas from the Latin supermarket 🤤

Reactions: 7
Lentil ragu. I use Madeleine Olivia’s recipe but I normally add more onion and carrot, and chuck in some roasted peppers or something else.

Reactions: 2
Roast chicken which I shred and mix with a homemade bbq sauce, put it on burger buns with pickles and coleslaw. Spicy wedges and grilled corn on the cob on the side.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.