West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just booked tickets for this 😬 I do keep seeing things about how small the theatre is
The theatre is small, but it's fine. I saw woman in black there. The main issue with operation mincemeat is every seat is the same price, and the views definitely aren't all the same

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’ve just booked tickets for this 😬 I do keep seeing things about how small the theatre is
I've actually also just booked a ticket for Operation Mincemeat, there was something about it that wasn't appealing initially but I've been convinced by work colleague who went and really enjoyed it. I think the pricing policy is ridiculous though as it penalises those of us who don't live in London and limits us to the most expensive weekend tickets (I have however managed to get a Monday night just before I fly off on holiday but it's a rubbish seat at the back of the balcony which I wouldn't pay top whack for on a Saturday).

Mamma Mia on the other hand, I can't stand. I like the music of Abba but have a real issue with the plot and don't think that a 3-way possible paternity situation is anything to make light of.

Reactions: 6
I got their "you won the Monday lottery" email this afternoon (I expect everyone on their mailing list "won" too) and was "cool, I'm free a week on Monday, let's do it". clicked through and it was Mondays in September onwards :ROFLMAO: I guess I didn't read it properly when I signed up for their mailing list. Except for a very few shows I really want to see, I book everything less than 2-3 weeks ahead once I know my work patterns for the coming weeks, and tbh most things I book cheap on TodayTix. So I guess I won't be seeing Mincemeat any time soon. Never mind.

Similarly the link they emailed me about an hour ago is also September onwards. for the all £79.50/£89.50 tickets. No thanks, I'm not paying that much for that far away on the calendar and for unknown names. I mean that's more than I paid for centre stalls at Sunset Blvd.

Their marketing is bizarre and totally relying on "oooh it says I won the sweepstake, I better hurry to the site and book up" FOMO i think.

Woman in Black was at that theatre for years, I went there to see it probably 20 years ago, and still remember how pokey it was.

thsi shocks me as I know one of them and she has an amazing voice usually. I guess the material doesn't suit or something.. tbh as much as i love said queen as a friend /performer seeing Six doesnt appeal at all . Not really into girlband pop stuff.. Thrilled for her career though
---

anyone else still sat here wondering how a ft theatre influencer with no other income can afford to keep going to NYC on expensive airlines, going to countless Broadways shows , eating out and staying at hotels in Manhattan? I have a well ish paid job in the City and can only afford a mid priced airline, staying at my partners and eating as little as can sustain and even then I can barely afford to go to NYC for less then a week
🤔🤔🤔 who are we talking about??? The guy with glasses on Tiktok??? I like him 😳😳😳

I've actually also just booked a ticket for Operation Mincemeat, there was something about it that wasn't appealing initially but I've been convinced by work colleague who went and really enjoyed it. I think the pricing policy is ridiculous though as it penalises those of us who don't live in London and limits us to the most expensive weekend tickets (I have however managed to get a Monday night just before I fly off on holiday but it's a rubbish seat at the back of the balcony which I wouldn't pay top whack for on a Saturday).

Mamma Mia on the other hand, I can't stand. I like the music of Abba but have a real issue with the plot and don't think that a 3-way possible paternity situation is anything to make light of.
Yeah I’m not a London resident either- down in a few weeks for a midweek stay so tied it into that. Did try to get Tom Holland Romeo and Juliet tickets for a weekend matinee to travel down and back same day - when I saw the price changed my mind 😬

Planning to use TodayTix on the train down to try and get something last minute for another day. Got great Come From Away seats for £25 doing that last time.

I heard him say on one of his recent videos that he was collecting press tickets for the show from the box office so I suspect that many of the shows are comp'd, and it looked like they were staying with friends rather than in a hotel. You can get tickets on the cheap if you know the right people, but it takes a bit of networking and (probably) grifting to get them as much as certain influencers seem to.
hey great point. I take my hat off to anyone who can do this as despite having friends and even a partner in the cast I still have to hock a kidney to buy the tickets
---
I heard him say on one of his recent videos that he was collecting press tickets for the show from the box office so I suspect that many of the shows are comp'd, and it looked like they were staying with friends rather than in a hotel. You can get tickets on the cheap if you know the right people, but it takes a bit of networking and (probably) grifting to get them as much as certain influencers seem to.
I'd be VERY annoyed if he comp'd one show currently on Broadway. I have a partner in the cast and I still had to pay full price.. i got an upgrade one night but that was because 2 of the main cast had covid and everyone was returning their tickets
---
believe them and I have been in small theatres. TBH the Southwark Playhouse original is tiny and has more room than this full blown fancy auditorium. Re Mincemeat i wonder if it was a music hall back in the day. no way was that a proper theatre
---
🤔🤔🤔 who are we talking about??? The guy with glasses on Tiktok??? I like him 😳😳😳
no sorry don't do tiktok.. Mickey Jo Theatre on YT
---
Mincemeat marketing is weird yes... I was gobsmacked to see them advertising on a tube deodorant brand on IG.. so i wouldnt be surprised if they weren't the one paying that influencer 3K... sound like a cheap marketing idea

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
thsi shocks me as I know one of them and she has an amazing voice usually. I guess the material doesn't suit or something.. tbh as much as i love said queen as a friend /performer seeing Six doesnt appeal at all . Not really into girlband pop stuff.. Thrilled for her career though
---

anyone else still sat here wondering how a ft theatre influencer with no other income can afford to keep going to NYC on expensive airlines, going to countless Broadways shows , eating out and staying at hotels in Manhattan? I have a well ish paid job in the City and can only afford a mid priced airline, staying at my partners and eating as little as can sustain and even then I can barely afford to go to NYC for less then a week
He stays with friends and begs for free tickets

I don't disagree with her, but her (and her bf) are starting to sound more bitter and ranty these days.

Especially as summer in the days she was getting roles always seemed to come off as too cool or aloof for theatre. I remember comments like 'oh I never go to the theatre' oh I don't keep track of what's happening in theatre' etc etc. I always struggled to warm to her, especially compared to her sister Scarlett who frankly isn't on stage enough
They are becoming as unlikeable as The Montagues

Reactions: 5
I don’t disagree with her, but isn’t she playing a dangerous game publicly criticising fellow artists/performers?

Reactions: 13
I don’t disagree with her, but isn’t she playing a dangerous game publicly criticising fellow artists/performers?

Yeah I agree with her too, but she's coming off as bitter as she was completely fine when her and her sisters were cast in everything (in fact zizi still is). And always happy to cash in on her famous aunt.

You can also bet if she was cast in the concert with them then they would be her best friends

Reactions: 10
Ball and Boe I agree with but Tennant is a phenomenal actor. She just sounds incredibly jealous and unprofessional.

I can’t imagine lower profile actors - or anyone who works on shows - publicly and negatively criticising casting choices in such a bitchy way and getting away with it career wise. Guess being a nepo baby has its perks! The rest of us just say it in person outside of work 😂

Reactions: 10
Any tips to get cheap tickets for the Palladium concerts? Particularly Jason Robert Brown and made in Dagenham, it’s such a barn, grand circle is pretty uncomfortable and the stalls/ dress are expensive. So many spare seats 🤯

Reactions: 1
It is a BRILLIANT show! I've seen it six times (once at the Southwark Playhouse, once at Riverside Studios and four times at the Fortune :ROFLMAO:) Yes, the theatre is small, as are the loos. But it's SO worth it 🥰

Reactions: 5
Not gossip, but I saw Mrs Doubtfire last night. It was SO funny. Absolutely brilliant! I really recommend it. I did feel like I was cheating on Operation Mincemeat, but we've all got to branch out ;)
I saw this on Friday and I haven’t stppped playing the soundtrack since! (Albeit the Broadway one as they obviously haven’t released the UK one yet). I thought Gabriel Vick was fabulous, so so talented. All the cast were great to be fair and loved how it kept a lot of nods to the film in there. Would happily watch it again!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I saw this on Friday and I haven’t stppped playing the soundtrack since! (Albeit the Broadway one as they obviously haven’t released the UK one yet). I thought Gabriel Vick was fabulous, so so talented. All the cast were great to be fair and loved how it kept a lot of nods to the film in there. Would happily watch it again!
He is incredible! The amount of energy required for all the changes between the two costumes while on stage, the voices he could do...such a talent! It's definitely one I'd see again (and again, and again...!!)

• Heart
Just to mention for everyone some good offers were announced under "London Theatre Week" yesterday

Same offers/seats are on Todaytix, Love Theatre etc.

I've no idea why they still call it London Theatre Week when the offers seem to cover most of March and April for a lot of shows. Maybe you have to get it booked this week, don't know.

Anyway hope it helps some people.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.