West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw Choir of Man last night. Biggest pile of rubbish I’ve seen in a long time, so disappointing!,

Reactions: 3
Anyone trying to get Romeo and Juliet with Tom Holland tickets on Tuesday?

Reactions: 2
Just seen that they’ve announced some casting for the Les Mis arena tour. Alfie Boe and Killian Donnelly for Jean Valjean and Michael Ball or Bradley Jaden for Javert. As much as I like Boe and Ball, I really want to see Bradley Jaden’s take on the role when I go.

Reactions: 6
Just seen that they’ve announced some casting for the Les Mis arena tour. Alfie Boe and Killian Donnelly for Jean Valjean and Michael Ball or Bradley Jaden for Javert. As much as I like Boe and Ball, I really want to see Bradley Jaden’s take on the role when I go.
Sometimes I think they need to stop recasting the same people (Ball and Boe) and let some other talent have a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Boe and Ball are awful in Les Mis, I especially hate how Boe seems to have claimed the role as his. He can't act and his voice doesn't really sit right in the role

Reactions: 8
AB can’t act well enough and MB does not sing the part well.
LesvMis is in danger of becoming a cash cow: gravy train.
Some new talent please? There is plenty of it about.

Ball has basically become a characature of himself now, and really doesn't play characters well. Vocally he was also a very weak javart

Last edited:
  • Heart
I didn’t really enjoy Killian Donnelly’s JVJ either.
Bradley Jayden is excellent but lots if people have seen him before.

Reactions: 2
AB can’t act well enough and MB does not sing the part well.
LesvMis is in danger of becoming a cash cow: gravy train.
Some new talent please? There is plenty of it about.
When you say "in danger of BECOMING a cash cow gravy train" ...

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I couldnt get a ticket for Les Mis in Glasgow. I really hope that some people dislike Alfie Boe so much that they'll sell their tickets 🤞🤞🤞

And I know this regional theatre not West end but me and the old dear went to see I Should Be So Lucky tonight.

I'll say this quietly - we loved it 😳😳😳 as my mum said, it had great singers, dancers, laughs and was cheerful. And Pete Waterman was there (yes my mum got a photo with him)

It's not Les Mis or Mamma Mia but it was a fun night at the theatre.

She’s not wrong 😂😂
I don't disagree with her, but her (and her bf) are starting to sound more bitter and ranty these days.

Especially as summer in the days she was getting roles always seemed to come off as too cool or aloof for theatre. I remember comments like 'oh I never go to the theatre' oh I don't keep track of what's happening in theatre' etc etc. I always struggled to warm to her, especially compared to her sister Scarlett who frankly isn't on stage enough

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.