West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw Hannah in Heathers too when she was covering Heather McNamara, she didn’t impress me then and seeing the Six videos she sounded worse.

Although from reading between the lines of her social media (I don’t even follow her but she seems to pop up everywhere) it does sound as if there has been a close bereavement recently in her family so maybe that mixed with nerves impacted her

While she comes across quite twee on SM, I think she is harmless and just wants to be good. Unlike the JLG/Grace Mouat/Luke Bauer et al clique who do come across as very irritating

Reactions: 4
I got engaged recently and my girlfriends have planned a viewing of Six as part of my hen do. I’m sure it’ll be fine!

They’ve changed the whole alternate/understudy thing. It used to be if you are a parr/Howard cover you were covering on a weekly basis, as each queen would have a show per week where they didn’t perform (something like that) So, all Hannah’s fans have been asking for a list of when she’s performing and she didn’t have one. Six then came and said that they now only covered for illness etc, like a normal understudy, so aren’t alternates, as technically they might only perform 4 times in a year and they’d be sat back stage, doing nothing. So basically all the “understudy queens” might not perform often, especially as there’s no ensemble in Six. When she covered in Heathers, at least she was performing in some capacity, every show. It seems like a dream role for her, but she could spend the next 2 years, not on stage… I’d be gutted if that was me. So the controversy is more that, than Hannah.
She did do her first show last night and for me, Hannah wasn’t as strong as I was expecting. Could have been nerves, or she might have been unwell, but it seemed a bit of an amateurish performance. The clips I’ve seen of the mega mix (they encourage you to join in and record) she seemed a bit lost. I’m intrigued what she’s like during the actual show when she has her solo bit. When I’ve seen it ALL the queens have stunning, strong voices. Her voice didn’t seem strong enough, and it was a bit like she was doing karaoke, rather than performing as Parr on the West End…
Thank you for that! Ive still to see Six. I have saw a clip of Hannah singing and she did sound off.

Reactions: 2
Hannah Lowther is part of the group that tiktok gave too much of an ego to! Gained a following during covid because there was nothing else to do and now her followers can’t ever see her doing any wrong, when she was such a pitchy Parr!

Reactions: 11
Tik tok has a lot to answer for with people getting fame who wouldn’t have got it otherwise. Not to say Hannah wouldn’t have got there eventually. The more I’ve saw of her Six performance the more I think she seemed really nervous.

Reactions: 9
Seems like the worst cast ever going by this. They're all awful. Karaoke Six.

I was on the tube today, the new Hamilton posters, which have washed out / greyed out photos of the current cast against a white background. Why? They are awful too, they just disappear on an escalator full of posters. The gold posters were absolutely iconic, they were up there with the phantom/les mis/cats level stuff. Whoever signed the new posters off is nuts!
They all sound like they are struggling, in my view. The vocals aren’t great.

Reactions: 3
Tik tok has a lot to answer for with people getting fame who wouldn’t have got it otherwise. Not to say Hannah wouldn’t have got there eventually. The more I’ve saw of her Six performance the more I think she seemed really nervous.
I agree, she seemed very nervous and a bit lost. I get that it’s overwhelming, but at the end of the day, she’s on stage in the west end, that people have paid good money to see. Both times I’ve seen Six, an alternate has been on and I wouldn’t have known. Sadly, I think with Hannah, you could tell. I wasn’t there, so it might have been better on the night.
She’s obviously trained and talented, but would she have been cast without her SM background? Maybe she’ll be better as Howard. For me, she plays the same character, whether it’s Heather, Parr or the SpongeBob role. She’s playing herself, singing, rather than getting in character

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree, she seemed very nervous and a bit lost. I get that it’s overwhelming, but at the end of the day, she’s on stage in the west end, that people have paid good money to see. Both times I’ve seen Six, an alternate has been on and I wouldn’t have known. Sadly, I think with Hannah, you could tell. I wasn’t there, so it might have been better on the night.
She’s obviously trained and talented, but would she have been cast without her SM background? Maybe she’ll be better as Howard. For me, she plays the same character, whether it’s Heather, Parr or the SpongeBob role. She’s playing herself, singing, rather than getting in character
Yes, from the clips I’ve saw, she just looked like Hannah to me. Like if she was at karaoke with her friends. I almost half expected her to break into that Outfit of the day song she does🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hannah made her Howard debut today I’ll be interested to see how she does in that versus Parr.

I’ve been very interested to see how Hannah did. From the megasixes, the first some confetti landed on her lip which seemed to throw her off and she didn’t cover it very well. Just seen the Howard megasix and at the end she steps into Parr’s position, leaving Parr unsure where to go and she misses the ‘survived’ as a result. It looked awful. Hopefully she gets better with time but that’s two in two! I disagree about the others struggling, listening to audio recordings the Aragon is very strong and Kaeli as Seymour sounds phenomenal, doing some amazing ups

Reactions: 6
I’ve been very interested to see how Hannah did. From the megasixes, the first some confetti landed on her lip which seemed to throw her off and she didn’t cover it very well. Just seen the Howard megasix and at the end she steps into Parr’s position, leaving Parr unsure where to go and she misses the ‘survived’ as a result. It looked awful. Hopefully she gets better with time but that’s two in two! I disagree about the others struggling, listening to audio recordings the Aragon is very strong and Kaeli as Seymour sounds phenomenal, doing some amazing ups
In both of these roles Hannah looks uncomfortable, it’s odd

Reactions: 4
Just seen the Howard megasix and at the end she steps into Parr’s position, leaving Parr unsure where to go and she misses the ‘survived’ as a result. It looked awful. Hopefully she gets better with time but that’s two in two!
You can see that she knows she totally screwed up because after the bows she does the hand cutting the neck signal and shakes her head. She clearly just wants to get off that stage as soon as possible. It’s so cringey!

You can see that she knows she totally screwed up because after the bows she does the hand cutting the neck signal and shakes her head. She clearly just wants to get off that stage as soon as possible. It’s so cringey!
Yeah I just saw that in another video of it…the girl playing Parr didn’t look at her once either afterwards. I wonder if it’s the pressure she has on her from having the following she has?

I mean playing devils advocate: if it’s her dream role.. is it nerves? Is she rehearsed enough? Perhaps something else going on?

I mean playing devils advocate: if it’s her dream role.. is it nerves? Is she rehearsed enough? Perhaps something else going on?
I definitely think there’s a lot of nerves there - especially since realistically the alternates won’t play their roles very often so there’ll be huge gaps between times they’re on stage. It will be easy for the nerves to build up as it won’t become second nature in the way it would have done with the previous use of alternates. Also, the pressure Hannah will feel from having a social media following will be huge particularly since the mega six can be filmed and will be shared. Any mess up and it’s everywhere forever.

She’s your typical musical theatre performer which for the role of parr is odd, considering the role needs a rnb performer for it to work

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.