West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm seeing this show in Southampton in January - going with a gay friend so I'm sure we will dance and sing along and have a fun evening out! We both love PWL Factory and of course Kylie. It will be as cheesy as hell for sure!
It’s not a concert 🙄
---
Any news from this weekend’s Musical Con? Last year’s was a bit of a shambles going by Twitter. Wonder if they sorted out the issues for this year’s event

Reactions: 2
It’s not a concert 🙄
---
Any news from this weekend’s Musical Con? Last year’s was a bit of a shambles going by Twitter. Wonder if they sorted out the issues for this year’s event
I had a couple of friends there today who said it was still about the same as last year. A bit quieter volume wise (I went last year and you couldn’t hear yourself think let alone talk to anyone next to you!) and a slightly different layout. Still sounds very underwhelming and overpriced entry wise. I wasn’t impressed last year! I had a weekend ticket but only went for about 4 hours on the Saturday, didn’t bother going back for the Sunday

Reactions: 1
She's also Jasmine in the UK tour of Aladdin. She's only doing Edinburgh at the moment incase she wins the show.
I've got tickets for Edinburgh!!! I'd be watching Mamma Mia anyway but this will give it an extra edge.

Ps didn't one of Boyzone's sisters win the Grease show???

It’s not a concert 🙄
---
have heard so little about it this year, barely know it was on.

I was at Flowers For Mrs Harris at Hammersmith Riverside with Jenna Russell instead today and I really enjoyed it. Go and see/support actual theatre rather than a badly organised convention!

have heard so little about it this year, barely know it was on.

I was at Flowers For Mrs Harris at Hammersmith Riverside with Jenna Russell instead today and I really enjoyed it. Go and see/support actual theatre rather than a badly organised convention!
I think what has tickled me about musical con has been the way that the organisers are acting like it’s the first convention EVER and people who cosplay from musicals would have never met met before or gone to any other event! Hate to break it to them but every big convention in the UK has done the exact same thing as them and brought fans of popular culture together 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've got tickets for Edinburgh!!! I'd be watching Mamma Mia anyway but this will give it an extra edge.

Ps didn't one of Boyzone's sisters win the Grease show???
Westlife. Bryan Mcfadden’s sister was Sandy and the Danny was called Danny in real life and is now Summer Strallen’s partner - yes the loud one who was cursing at ALW and wouldn’t shut up during her “Bad Cinderella got axed” Instagram live

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Westlife. Bryan Mcfadden’s sister was Sandy and the Danny was called Danny in real life and is now Summer Strallen’s partner - yes the loud one who was cursing at ALW and wouldn’t shut up during her “Bad Cinderella got axed” Instagram live
And has basically played Danny or gaston in beauty and the beast panto on rotation since winning

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And has basically played Danny or gaston in beauty and the beast panto on rotation since winning
I saw him in OFAH but he was part of the ensemble and not one of the main roles (although I think he got moved up to one of the minor roles towards the end of its run)

Just another random bobbing in to say how sad I was about Haydn Gwynne. Was looking forward to seeing her in Sondheim's 'Old Friends' musical (and others!) and was so sad to hear she'd pulled out. Now we know why. Loved her part (with Rob Brydon) in the TV special doing 'The Little Things We Do Together' from 'Company'. She was classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know Mamma Mia isn’t an ALW show but really wanted him to be in this show so we can get the “goodbye” song again, when the weekly elimination takes place, and he had looked half dead and very perplexed as to what was going on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just another random bobbing in to say how sad I was about Haydn Gwynne. Was looking forward to seeing her in Sondheim's 'Old Friends' musical (and others!) and was so sad to hear she'd pulled out. Now we know why. Loved her part (with Rob Brydon) in the TV special doing 'The Little Things We Do Together' from 'Company'. She was classy.
Yes I have seen her in many things on the London stage over the years, always a reliable favourite.

Most recently saw her playing the Prue Leith character in Bake Off The Musical, earlier this year, in which she was fantastic, and unless it was some clever theatre trickery, did a cartwheel on stage.

She will be much missed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The theatre café not paying. Their rent is very funny to me considering they charge £7 for a drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The tone of their messages on SM is very much like they didn’t know anything about it and it came out the blue. But nobody gets evicted with no warning. Surely they have been chased for payment before now?!

Reactions: 6
The tone of their messages on SM is very much like they didn’t know anything about it came out the blue. But nobody gets evicted with no warning. Surely they have been chased for payment before now?!
And even if they haven't been chased, you know when you're behind with bills or not. And if you don't, you don't deserve to be in business in the first place.

Reactions: 5
I know Mamma Mia isn’t an ALW show but really wanted him to be in this show so we can get the “goodbye” song again, when the weekly elimination takes place, and he had looked half dead and very perplexed as to what was going on 😂
Omg I still think about how the Dorothy’s gave him their shoes and how we all just accepted that as normal 💀💀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The theatre café not paying. Their rent is very funny to me considering they charge £7 for a drink.
The food has always been low quality with a large price, we visited the diner recently but we weren't impressed, we were there for over an hour watch people write there song requests and not one was sung.

It‘s so bizarre. So they opened a second site while not paying rent for the first? What happens to the staff from that site? And people leaving flowers outside as if someone died! Utterlly odd.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.