West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It‘s so bizarre. So they opened a second site while not paying rent for the first? What happens to the staff from that site? And people leaving flowers outside as if someone died! Utterlly odd.
I was thinking about this as well they are blaming Covid for them not paying their rent

Reactions: 1
Plus them claiming its a 'safe space' for theatre fans, as if theatregoers are somehow persecuted or theatre going is dangerous

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Does anyone know why the 2024 dates for the 42nd Street tour have been cancelled?
Just saw that it closed last night and the upcoming dates are no longer going ahead.
It wasn’t the best production of it I’ve seen, but it wasn’t bad and the theatre was pretty full when I saw it a few weeks ago 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
It is a mystery that one. It sold well at my local and was very good on the whole.

Posted this in the Carrie Hope Fletcher thread but thought I'd share here too.

How to turn someone's death into all about you and self promotion. It's like Gal Gadots 'imagine' during the pandemic

Also, any gossip on Dean John Wilson? He comes across to me as more ego than talent?

Posted this in the Carrie Hope Fletcher thread but thought I'd share here too.

How to turn someone's death into all about you and self promotion. It's like Gal Gadots 'imagine' during the pandemic

Also, any gossip on Dean John Wilson? He comes across to me as more ego than talent?

gosh, im cringing so hard i want to turn myself inside out.

The only tea i have on him is that him and Cynthia Erivo used to be together. Always struck me as a bit full of it.

Reactions: 5
gosh, im cringing so hard i want to turn myself inside out.

The only tea i have on him is that him and Cynthia Erivo used to be together. Always struck me as a bit full of it.
I genuinely believe he only ever got the level of exposure he did at the time was because of their relationship. She brought him on as a guest at a gig years ago and I remember being so confused as to how this nasal, unremarkable singer had got a spot, before I realised they were together.

Haven’t kept up with his career since but also haven’t noticed his name on the castlist of anything I’ve seen recently either…?

Reactions: 2
I genuinely believe he only ever got the level of exposure he did at the time was because of their relationship. She brought him on as a guest at a gig years ago and I remember being so confused as to how this nasal, unremarkable singer had got a spot, before I realised they were together.

Haven’t kept up with his career since but also haven’t noticed his name on the castlist of anything I’ve seen recently either…?
As far as I'm aware he's only done Aladdin, King and I at the Palladium and tour and the death note concert.

I agree I think she helped open doors for him, and his body helped with the other part.

Ironically he runs an online vocal academy lol

Reactions: 2
I really like Sam Barks, but she is annoying me with her recent ads/gifted stories. Hiding the gifted tag in the top right corner so it’s hard to notice.

I really like Sam Barks, but she is annoying me with her recent ads/gifted stories. Hiding the gifted tag in the top right corner so it’s hard to notice.
Yeah, also her recent post showing off her flat tummy two weeks after having a baby seemed sooo transparent. It must be great to have such fantastic genetics but I couldn't help but roll my eyes- she clearly just wanted everyone to tell her how amazing she looks so quickly!

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen a lot of videos of Hannah Lowther debuting in Six. What’s everyone’s thoughts on her performance?

I’ve seen a lot of videos of Hannah Lowther debuting in Six. What’s everyone’s thoughts on her performance?
I honestly cannot STAND her. I find her so obnoxious. She might have some talent but it’s clear she’s stunt cast.

Reactions: 14
Seems like the worst cast ever going by this. They're all awful. Karaoke Six.

I was on the tube today, the new Hamilton posters, which have washed out / greyed out photos of the current cast against a white background. Why? They are awful too, they just disappear on an escalator full of posters. The gold posters were absolutely iconic, they were up there with the phantom/les mis/cats level stuff. Whoever signed the new posters off is nuts!

She seemed like “Hannah” singing the song, rather than acting like Parr. I don’t see her as that character either. More like Boleyn or Howard, although I think she covers Howard too? I think she’s a great dancer, but you’ve got to have a VERY strong voice for any of the queens…

Reactions: 8
I’ve never saw Six but what is the controversy with Hannah getting a part In it? I thought she was a cover? Or perhaps my tik tok algorithm is making a drama out of nothing?

I’ve never saw Six but what is the controversy with Hannah getting a part In it? I thought she was a cover? Or perhaps my tik tok algorithm is making a drama out of nothing?
They’ve changed the whole alternate/understudy thing. It used to be if you are a parr/Howard cover you were covering on a weekly basis, as each queen would have a show per week where they didn’t perform (something like that) So, all Hannah’s fans have been asking for a list of when she’s performing and she didn’t have one. Six then came and said that they now only covered for illness etc, like a normal understudy, so aren’t alternates, as technically they might only perform 4 times in a year and they’d be sat back stage, doing nothing. So basically all the “understudy queens” might not perform often, especially as there’s no ensemble in Six. When she covered in Heathers, at least she was performing in some capacity, every show. It seems like a dream role for her, but she could spend the next 2 years, not on stage… I’d be gutted if that was me. So the controversy is more that, than Hannah.
She did do her first show last night and for me, Hannah wasn’t as strong as I was expecting. Could have been nerves, or she might have been unwell, but it seemed a bit of an amateurish performance. The clips I’ve seen of the mega mix (they encourage you to join in and record) she seemed a bit lost. I’m intrigued what she’s like during the actual show when she has her solo bit. When I’ve seen it ALL the queens have stunning, strong voices. Her voice didn’t seem strong enough, and it was a bit like she was doing karaoke, rather than performing as Parr on the West End…

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.