West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came back to this thread after a looong time away! What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new Mamma Mia show coming this Sunday on itv? Saw they announced 7 Sophie’s and 7 Skye’s!
---
Me again! What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new “I Should Be So Lucky” Waterman musical? Gives me major Walking on Sunshine movie vibes!

Just came back to this thread after a looong time away! What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new Mamma Mia show coming this Sunday on itv? Saw they announced 7 Sophie’s and 7 Skye’s!
---
Me again! What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new “I Should Be So Lucky” Waterman musical? Gives me major Walking on Sunshine movie vibes!
My first ever “real” theatre trip was to see the winners of the Grease competition show they did so I’m looking forward to it for all the nostalgia but it’ll no doubt be extremely cheesy! I also hate Alan Carr so just hoping he’s at least tolerable 😬

Reactions: 3
---
Then put in a black Sky plus size Sophie and Asian Sophie as if they would ever cast them isn’t Mamma Mia known for making their cast have spray tans so they look more “Mediterranean”

Reactions: 1
Desmonda Cathabel is already a well known and up and coming performer. She’s just finished in Miss Saigon as cover Kim. Also been in Sondheim and friends and winner of Sondheim Competition.
Aren’t these competitions for “unknowns”?

• Wow
Desmonda Cathabel is already a well known and up and coming performer. She’s just finished in Miss Saigon as cover Kim. Also been in Sondheim and friends and winner of Sondheim Competition.
She's also Jasmine in the UK tour of Aladdin. She's only doing Edinburgh at the moment incase she wins the show.

Not really no Tobias turley was ram in heathers all of them have musical theatre training

It was the same in the bbc shows too tbh. Many of the contestants had previous theatre credits.

Reactions: 2
I've never watched any of these types of shows, but can someone explain what the point of the concept is, if the people auditioning already have professional experience from The West End?

I've never watched any of these types of shows, but can someone explain what the point of the concept is, if the people auditioning already have professional experience from The West End?
Pr and advertising for the show, so increased ticket sales. And the contestants themselves raise their profiles. The producers will know who they want from very early on. The only time ot went wrong was when Jodie Prenger won I'd Do Anything instead of Jessie.

Mamma Mia has been around for 20+ years so I assume they are wanting to reinvigorate the brand

Reactions: 4
At least the previous versions were in the hands of the public to an extent (hence the Jodie win!) which gave the audience an element of participation and investment in the casting which then generated ticket sales. Hasn’t the Mamma Mia one already been filmed so there is no incentive to go and see ‘their pick’ in the show?

At least the previous versions were in the hands of the public to an extent (hence the Jodie win!) which gave the audience an element of participation and investment in the casting which then generated ticket sales. Hasn’t the Mamma Mia one already been filmed so there is no incentive to go and see ‘their pick’ in the show?
Apparently only the final episode will be live and feature public voting. Believe everything up to that final episode was already filmed some time ago in Greece.

I'm seeing this show in Southampton in January - going with a gay friend so I'm sure we will dance and sing along and have a fun evening out! We both love PWL Factory and of course Kylie. It will be as cheesy as hell for sure!

• Angry
I'm seeing this show in Southampton in January - going with a gay friend so I'm sure we will dance and sing along and have a fun evening out! We both love PWL Factory and of course Kylie. It will be as cheesy as hell for sure!
Please don't sing along. The rest of the audience is paying to see the people on stage, not hear you sing Kylie songs from your seat.

Reactions: 24
SAW is my era and in theory it would be up my street, but I won't be going as it gives me cheap and naff vibes

So saddened to hear about Haydn. She was brilliant in Bake Off the Musical at the start of the year 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.