West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s all the drama with Hannah lowther and flower theatre on TikTok? It seems she made a video talking about whether HL was cast because of her social media, or skills, but by all accounts, it’s a positive video.
Rob Madge and others have made videos backing Hannah, but I honestly don’t know why people are kicking off?!

From what I have gathered Hannah made a video using “I am on SNL and you are not” sound (the Sabrina Carpenter thing) and her followers were making comments on that slagging Flower Theatre and her comments about Hannah.

Hannah started liking those comments which led to Flower being pissed which she obviously made a video about

Hence the support videos coming out

Reactions: 1
Taylor Swift went to see cabaret last night! I was obsessed with the show when RLT and Jake were on and I can’t stop thinking about where she sat lol. The place is so tiny it would surely cause ruckus

Reactions: 4
duck! missed her - I'm going tonight - I am obsessed with it too - will be my 10th time.

duck! missed her - I'm going tonight - I am obsessed with it too - will be my 10th time.
omg to be fair I don’t think I would be able to focus if I knew she was nearby. I went 10 times too 😂🤡
Have fun! Last nights are a vibe

yes - very excited about that. we went in March to see this cast but they were all off sick - almost everyone was an understudy! figured people dont miss their last night. Was hoping for a good atmosphere

• Heart
Title puts me off. Kind of sounds like some 00s romcom. Haven't we got past everyone desperate to be in relationship
It looks like a 90’s/early 00’s play- not in a good way. I saw a few songs they did a while ago, with Lucy and Toby as part of the actual singing. Trying to emulate the success of Six, will be very tricky, and unfortunately, but doing something completely different, it’s backfired.
It looks like they were heading towards a deadline to provide a synopsis and a few songs, panicked and thought that writing about dating and broken hearts would be relatable, and threw this together!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
10th time at Cabaret tonight Oh my god it was sooo good. Don’t think I need to go and see it again ever. That can’t be topped. Cara Delevegne was amazing!!!! So good. My son cried about 3 times. could be they were giving it their all because it was their last night - but wow!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Okay - I know this isn't a west end issue, but I wanted to have a moan.

Me and the old dear were at the glasgow Kings tonight (a dubliners tribute show - very good but the main guy is getting old)

At the interval, I decided to get us an ice cream (don't usually cos of the cost but decided to buy it as a treat)

The guy turned up with this tray in the stalls - but he wasn't selling ice cream - he was selling beer!!!

The lassie in the foyer wasn't selling ice cream - she was selling beer. And wine!!!

I had to go to the circle bar to get an ice cream - up a flight of stairs. And me with a bad knee!!! All this to pay £9.60 for 2 small ice cream tubs.

I asked the lassie why it was so hard to buy and ice cream and she said they change it depending on the audience. Obviously decided tonight would be full of alkies!!!

I know I'm biased cos I'm teetotal but honestly if alcohol is so important to you - go to the pub not the theatre.

Sorry again!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wait till you see what they sell when it's Ladyboys Of Bangkok night in the theatre!

• Haha
Wait till you see what they sell when it's Ladyboys Of Bangkok night in the theatre!
I'm going to see them in the pavilion 🤣🤣🤣

They must tone it down when they come to Glasgow

Although when we first saw them, it was risqué but nothing salacious.

Then we noticed more bare skin.

Last year, it went from tassles to totally top less

But we've still booked for this year.

But that was at pavilion prices not trafalgar prices. So this might be the last time

so basically all the usual suspects (not tht I have ever been) and a load of things nobody has ever heard of. trying to drum up attention and freepublicity

has anyone been? is it usually like that?

I used to go when it was a teeny-tiny event in Leicester Square! Many years ago now! But other than walking past maybe once or twice and seen the mad crowds, haven't been "in" and spent the day there, since it moved to Trafalgar Square. Prefer to just look through the recordings on Youtube afterwards.

They'll announce the individual Saturday vs Sunday lineup nearer the actual weekend, but yeah it looks fairly standard, a few acts will be on both days, but generally all the well known shows will be on the Saturday, worked around their matinee show times (because they're in London and in costume already so easy for them to wander over to Leicester Square). Sunday will still have a few of the well known shows but is mostly the lesser known shows, the coming soons, and the choir/dance acts.

What a shame that Calamity Jane hasnt started rehearsals yet, otherwise we’d all get to experience another look at prison guard Jane Hope Fletcher, stomping around the stage, doing “the face” and blaming the sound department for her poor singing attempt. Joel would be watching, sat crossed legged in the wings, before he also produces a dire vocal. At least the audience could carry that for him.

I hope they show a different song from “Why am I so single?” Aside from the one that sounds like it’s a gcse project.

Hannah Lowther said she won’t be performing in Six, but hinted she’d be there in another capacity? Do they have a “host” or it is just on/off stage with no inbetween bits? Unless she’s reprising her role in “Babies”?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is Zizi dating Bradley Jaden? She keeps posting photos of him in her Instagram stories the past few days. Just seems a bit much 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 2