West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what theatre board would make of Soho Place announcing yesterday a short run of a sensory adaptation of Cinderella, designed for audiences with learning disabilities ?!

it appears to be running in half term and in the sohoplace studio, not main theatre but how wonderful to have place in the west end for something like this.

I know most shows do the occasional adapted performance which is also great but something dedicated is a really interesting idea

theatre board were very sniffy about Little Big Things if I recall, so perhaps this Cinderella will annoy them too. 🤣

Reactions: 5
I don't visit the other forum but I think "fandoms" in general are full of these competitive sniffy types. They like to be the ones that know the most, have seen the most, are closest to whoever it is being discussed etc. Twas ever thus.

Reactions: 7
I don't visit the other forum but I think "fandoms" in general are full of these competitive sniffy types. They like to be the ones that know the most, have seen the most, are closest to whoever it is being discussed etc. Twas ever thus.
oh lord i had flashbacks from my now sadly inaccessible account on Reddit where i dared to express any opinions on a Broadway show i had actually seen a number of times

Reactions: 3
Sounds like those Swifties 🤣 (so sick of TS content in my instagram feed!)

• Heart
Hercules is full of bangers tbf.
A Star is Born and Zero to Hero never, ever fail to get me bopping in my seat with a big smile on my face. Love it.
---
oh lord i had flashbacks from my now sadly inaccessible account on Reddit where i dared to express any opinions on a Broadway show i had actually seen a number of times
I was in Les Mis fandom back when musicals.net and Livejournal were the main hangouts. OMG they were foul. Absolutely awful people. And God help you if Eponine was your favourite character, you were just a silly little fangirl who romantisied poverty and didn't know better and Marius secretly hated her, etc, and you were too stupid to have even tried reading the book obviously.

Reactions: 3
I have just been to see Two Strangers ( carry a cake across New York) it was fabulous. What a great duo Sam and Dujonna are. If you get a chance go and see it.

• Heart
I saw this advertised a while ago and thought it looked good, I'll see if I can get some tickets!
Have a look at the boxes. They fit two people. We had box C it was less than 60 quid for both of us. It’s listed as a restricted view but it’s just a side view and you move your chair to face the right way. The stage revolves so they are constantly moving, we saw 95% of it perfectly and the other 5% we just had to lean forward slightly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4