Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EC1A

Yeah, I reckon it's one of the Newport races- there's a marathon, half and 10k on the same day; or possibly Berkely 10k as that is flat and fast and relatively local to them. The breadcrumbing is pathetic :rolleyes:
Breadcrumbing is something Tits isn’t doing this time around, surprisingly. By now he’s normally released a smug vlog asking for time predictions.

Reactions: 2

Marinium

What time did she start? Must have been close to 5 hours now and she is not on the result list either (although is this even updated?).
Gearing up for the positive split everyone or are we thinking DNF?

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Ha ha! What a tit he is. I definitely typed Rees into the tracker, not Tits this time…
Yeah, she must be getting “content” then.

lima18

That's fair enough, I wonder what was so different this year then. It can't have been the weather - let's be real, it's Scotland, they've got to be used to a bit of rain!
I have never done it before and everyone I know said it’s a great event until this year so hopefully just a bad year! Would like to do it again but only if they make changes to have better and more transport options!
---

I imagine bester skims a fair bit off the top of his coaches, add the kit and the very expensive 5k races… I don’t like him but he’s got the marketing spot on

Lemming312

VIP Member
I finished over an hour slower than her when I ran it 2 years ago and had no issues with receiving a medal, there were plenty of buses going (though the queues were quite substantial, that's fair, but that's going to happen when you're moving ~35k people plus their supporters about. Looking at this article all three of these ladies who contributed to it were within 10 - 20 minutes of the cut off/sweep time. So why does it affect little Kelloggs who was home by the time they'd all finished?

Like I said, when I finished in ~5:20 when I ran it, there were plenty of people still around, bananas and water etc., we walked about 15 minutes to the car that my OH had parked nearby so no issues getting back to our hotel (except the expected traffic). Wonder what went so wrong this year then?
I didn't have any issues the year I did the half either.
I’ve heard a lot of reports that it was a disaster so I don’t think it’s just her having a moan. I think a lot of the big events company style race organisers seem to be trying to cut corners/cost and sometimes it’s just a disaster
Having done the half in 2018, I don't think they have cut costs/corners, they have always laid the bags on the grass, there have always been queues for the buses, running out of medals is new but when I did London they had run out of t-shirts 🤷‍♀️. I don't think it's anything new, I just think the bad weather made it feel a lot worse. And reading the screenshots above it sounds like they (or was it just her?) queued for the local bus rather than go to the race shuttle. The local buses would have been on a Sunday schedule which probably meant she had a longer wait than if she had walked to the shuttle buses.

Lemming312

VIP Member
Did he carry the tracker over the line and then pass it back to her to bike around the course? Ridiculous 🤣 Disqualify them both 🤣