Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lemming312

VIP Member
Swansea's swim is in the docks, and it's quite far back from the open sea so it should be relatively calm unless it's a really windy day. I don't think she would be brave stupid enough to do a sea swim.

Reactions: 1

Lemming312

VIP Member
Harri has had a hair cut, he looks so much older, there's no way they can get away with putting him in a buggy now surely?

Been lurking

Did we confirm she's def on the start list for Swansea? Or was it jus vague "70.3" hashtags? She said she was going to do a tri, she's publicly ticked that box now. I wouldn't be surprised if she DNFs and just never mentions it again. She'll hopefully realise now a 70.3 in a few weeks (with a mara in between) is insane?
I forget, this is Kel's who thinks a BQ is round the corner when she's taken years to get to a 4hr mara...
I think she shared an Ironman confirmation email

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I finished over an hour slower than her when I ran it 2 years ago and had no issues with receiving a medal, there were plenty of buses going (though the queues were quite substantial, that's fair, but that's going to happen when you're moving ~35k people plus their supporters about. Looking at this article all three of these ladies who contributed to it were within 10 - 20 minutes of the cut off/sweep time. So why does it affect little Kelloggs who was home by the time they'd all finished?

Like I said, when I finished in ~5:20 when I ran it, there were plenty of people still around, bananas and water etc., we walked about 15 minutes to the car that my OH had parked nearby so no issues getting back to our hotel (except the expected traffic). Wonder what went so wrong this year then?