Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen her insta and her saying about having this super cold that’s doing the rounds. She also points out that it’s less than four weeks until Swansea…..she is either setting the narrative down now for a DNS or she’s going to blame the super cold for being timed out in the swim 🤣. As personally I can’t see her getting beyond the water if she attempts it!
I thought she had a kidney infection. How ill can one person be, particularly given she does nothing other than seemingly look after herself all day?

She’s definitely lining up the excuses. Nice for her if she can waste £340 on a race that she DNS/ intentionally DNF.

Reactions: 6
I have zero sympathy for her, whilst you can't necessarily help being ill the lack of preparedness is 100 on her. She entered this triathlon ages ago, we all knew it was a stretch and she was an idiot to go straight in at 70.30. However she had a fair chunk of time, given the no job and all, to do a decent stab at training. But no this clown decides to enter various other marathons and things instead of doing solid swim training, actual outside cycles (or open water swims for that matter) and plenty of brick training. So if she does tit it's all on her, had she been properly training a period of illness wouldn't be the end of the world. It's almost like she's self sabotaging as she knows she'll do so so badly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not just a swim, a sea swim. Even harder!
Only time I’ve ever gotten sea sick was during a sea swim at a triathlon but I would NEVER have done that race as a first triathlon.. if the weather is with you, they can be super easy/fast but if the weather is against you (see videos from IM Wales 2015 where even the pros were getting knocked back) it’s like doing a triathlon on hard mode.

Reactions: 4
One thing is for sure - if she starts- it’s going to be the usual, glorious , embarrassing tit show!

Don't get her turbo obsession, it's not working so she has to go out on the roads...
Look at this bike ride, she can't just go out for a ride, she has to do a session! And don't be fooled by those big spikes, it's a very flat route with a bump.
Screenshot_20240619-212016.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Look at this bike ride, she can't just go out for a ride, she has to do a session! And don't be fooled by those big spikes, it's a very flat route with a bump.View attachment 3004304
Surely if you're training for anything that's got a long bike ride in it you want to do... a long bike ride? I don't know tit about triathalons and I'd rather have a go at literally any other sport than an Ironman but I'd have thought you'd just want to get some steady rides in?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Surely if you're training for anything that's got a long bike ride in it you want to do... a long bike ride? I don't know tit about triathalons and I'd rather have a go at literally any other sport than an Ironman but I'd have thought you'd just want to get some steady rides in?
I’m feeling 3 weeks out is slightly too late for her to start with the long, steady rides though. But I’ve only spectated and provided tit advice while bored out of my tree so I wouldn’t know either.

Kels obviously know best. She might throw a short sea swim in next week for good measure.

• Haha
So the only reason she rode outside is because the turbo is broken? She does know this is an outdoor triathlon? With a bike on actual roads?
Also surprised she hasn’t weighed in on the Olympic triathlon selection, she normally likes to get involved and post stuff to seem relevant.

Reactions: 2
So the only reason she rode outside is because the turbo is broken? She does know this is an outdoor triathlon? With a bike on actual roads?
Also surprised she hasn’t weighed in on the Olympic triathlon selection, she normally likes to get involved and post stuff to seem relevant.
I don’t know what I’m more excited about, the sea swim that will be like watching a learner driver try to reverse park, the bike leg with one water bottle and potential punctures with no tools or the half marathon with her going blind.

Tough call.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know what I’m more excited about, the sea swim that will be like watching a learner driver try to reverse park, the bike leg with one water bottle and potential punctures with no tools or the half marathon with her going blind.

Tough call.
It has to be the sea swim because you know she's not going to make the bike leg 😂

• Haha
Is it the familiarisation swim today?

But she's got the cold, not just any cold, the super cold! Will be checking her Strava later 😂

Tits has got a new YouTube vlog, about lactate testing, again. I'm working from home today so I might just be bored enough to watch it for entertainment.

• Haha
But she's got the cold, not just any cold, the super cold! Will be checking her Strava later 😂

Tits has got a new YouTube vlog, about lactate testing, again. I'm working from home today so I might just be bored enough to watch it for entertainment.
I lasted 4 minutes 34 seconds.

He’s talking absolute shite. Controlled, threshold, session, LT1,LT2. WTAF? Just run mate. All this bollocks isn’t making you faster is it? Just bleeping run.

(edit- before I binned out he mentioned a “massive hill” on the way home. Strava peeps, please confirm elevation of said “massive hill”. Thanks 😘)

• Haha
Their “run club” was busy last night, only one sheep turned up. 19 x 30 seconds hill sprints with equal recoveries but Kells took a good extra 2 minutes halfway through. Elapsed time was still nearly 1 hour 40 minutes or so.
Yet according to Runners World, this is relatable training? Sure Jan….

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Their “run club” was busy last night, only one sheep turned up. 19 x 30 seconds hill sprints with equal recoveries but Kells took a good extra 2 minutes halfway through. Elapsed time was still nearly 1 hour 40 minutes or so.
Yet according to Runners World, this is relatable training? Sure Jan….
She’s🔒 and 🎯 for that half marathon.

• Haha
I lasted 4 minutes 34 seconds.

He’s talking absolute shite. Controlled, threshold, session, LT1,LT2. WTAF? Just run mate. All this bollocks isn’t making you faster is it? Just bleeping run.

(edit- before I binned out he mentioned a “massive hill” on the way home. Strava peeps, please confirm elevation of said “massive hill”. Thanks 😘)
I found the joy of the Transcript 😂 no need to look at his ugly mug or listen to his dead voice! What I got from it was he's still training through injuries, tights calves and glute. He couldn't possibly take some time off to concentrate on stretching and strengthening, so he is just going to be stuck in an endless cycle of injuries which never quite go away.

Here you go, short and steep rather than massive I'd say.
Screenshot_20240621-104114.png

Reactions: 3
I found the joy of the Transcript 😂 no need to look at his ugly mug or listen to his dead voice! What I got from it was he's still training through injuries, tights calves and glute. He couldn't possibly take some time off to concentrate on stretching and strengthening, so he is just going to be stuck in an endless cycle of injuries which never quite go away.

Here you go, short and steep rather than massive I'd say.
View attachment 3007465
I love his attitude to hills. A bit like his attitude to strength.

Avoid at all costs.

• Haha
Swim in 70.3 is 1.2 miles with a cut off of 1 hour 10 minutes. This was Kelly's swim yesterday.
Screenshot_20240621-104741.png

1:02 in the pool for a mile, she knows she's not doing the bike, that's why she hasn't bothered cycling outside!

Also I'm pretty sure she's telling a porky about not stopping at all after the warm-up.
Screenshot_20240621-104915.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.