Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see she’s taking the same approach to long swims pre-race as she does with long/“speedy” sessions pre-race. She’ll have nothing left for the big day, it’s this weekend right?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I see she’s taking the same approach to long swims pre-race as she does with long/“speedy” sessions pre-race. She’ll have nothing left for the big day, it’s this weekend right?
No, but there is a swim familiarisation today which she's supposed to be going to. Race is in 3 weeks I think.

I’m actually now pretty worried. That mile swim in a pool is never going to translate to a 1.2 mile sea swim with a 70min cut off. She needed lessons or to join a tri club which offered coaching. You can’t mess around with sea swimming. That’s why you start with super sprints in the pool and move up to sprints, then Olympic distances in lakes. They are both bleeping clueless.

Reactions: 5
Do we think she’s going to start offering triathlon training soon? I know she’s not experienced or qualified in that but she’s not experienced or qualified in running and here we are

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder if when she turned at the wall she put her feet on the wall to push off??? Not sure you can do that in the ocean.
I know when I’ve done some pool swim if I’m training for an ocean swim I won’t use the wall to turn

I wonder if when she turned at the wall she put her feet on the wall to push off??? Not sure you can do that in the ocean.
I know when I’ve done some pool swim if I’m training for an ocean swim I won’t use the wall to turn
I bet she did.

I would never have thought about not using the wall!
Not going to lie, I'll be gutted if she doesn't get past the swim as I want to see the whole thing pan out in all its glory. Am I a bad person? Maybe but she's the dick who bit of more than she could chew, and proceeded to train like a clown for it.

• Haha
Was wondering the same thing, pool swimming is totally different to open water which is continuous as you have no wall to push off

Reactions: 4
He is so hilarious, he hasn't done any hill training in god knows how long and goes out and does 21 hill repeats today 😂 bring on the next injury!
Screenshot_20240621-162136.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
He is so hilarious, he hasn't done any hill training in god knows how long and goes out and does 21 hill repeats today 😂 bring on the next injury!
View attachment 3008094
Welshtits: my calf and glute are feeling tight

Also Welshtits: does 21 hill repeats

(You couldn’t make these 2 up. He does a hill session which is the worst bleeping thing to do with weak glutes and calves and she’s attempting a 1.2 mile sea swim when she’s only just managed a mile in the pool. Honestly, it’s like a car crash.)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Welshtits: my calf and glute are feeling tight

Also Welshtits: does 21 hill repeats

(You couldn’t make these 2 up. He does a hill session which is the worst bleeping thing to do with weak glutes and calves and she’s attempting a 1.2 mile sea swim when she’s only just managed a mile in the pool. Honestly, it’s like a car crash.)
But it’s a wonderful car crash to observe.

We do need title suggestions and as the next thread should be in place for the Ironman, perhaps a poll?
(I have no title suggestions yet!)

Why couldn’t she leave the house wearing her trainers?
You’re an amateur runner, you don’t need to change your shoes when you get to parkrun (which isn’t a ‘race’ by the way)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.