Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup looks fun kels! 🤣🤣🤣🤣💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳💃💃💃
Very randomly I looked up a couple of peoples results in the photos around her (it’s half term my children are still in bed🤷‍♀️🤣) and there’s a woman who’s in some of the earlier photos. Yeh that woman did it in 3 hours 33. Should have stuck with her 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
So she did go out in the 3:30 wave?! She needs to stop putting that as her estimated finish time, she’s nowhere near it! Her 4:03 in Amsterdam was about 2 years ago now too

Reactions: 6
I think once she accepts that she’s probably never going to BQ then she might have more success with her longer distances.
I know people say you should always aim high or whatever but come on- four years now?!! Still as far away? Multiple attempts?! Must be absolutely soul destroying.
Sometimes it’s about being realistic and not becauee you’re not aiming high?! Aiming high for her would be going sub 4 I think .
Although what do I know- I’m not a coach . (But I have run just the two marathons sensibly - sub 4 and without the crazy bad splits so 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤣)

Reactions: 5
Interesting how lack of focussed training came out with the same result as over focussing…
The marathon distance isn't for everyone, it's not for me and it's not for Kelly, no matter what she throws at it
Yup looks fun kels! 🤣🤣🤣🤣💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳💃💃💃
Very randomly I looked up a couple of peoples results in the photos around her (it’s half term my children are still in bed🤷‍♀️🤣) and there’s a woman who’s in some of the earlier photos. Yeh that woman did it in 3 hours 33. Should have stuck with her 🤣
Thanks for sharing those photos, she really enjoyed it didn't she 🤣

• Haha
Just thought too- no mention of her time on her insta post?! 🤔
Yet when it goes well (I know this happens rarely - but like the downhill Pb , or the marathon that tits dragged her round)
TIME IS PLASTERED EVERYWHERE !!!!! 💃 🎲

That marathon time is very respectable BUT it makes no sense why she is always in the 3:30 start wave - why???? Just put your self in the right one and pace the race correctly and it will be a much more “enjoyable”
Experience.

A focused marathon block gets her 4:02 and unfocused one 4:13… but both she sets off like the a rocket! Why????? I wish someone could ask her I would really like to hear her reasoning - she can’t honestly be that delusional that she thinks she can maintain that pace???

Set off at 4:15 pace and see if you have anything left in the tank at then end of push it! Might give her better results

Reactions: 7
The face in that photo! 🤣🤣🤣 Yep, she had a whole lotta fun, that’s for sure! She’s right about the organisation at Edinburgh though, and I’ve seen a lot of people complain about it. They’ve obviously learned nothing since I did it over a decade ago. It was a disaster then too!

Reactions: 4
That marathon time is very respectable BUT it makes no sense why she is always in the 3:30 start wave - why???? Just put your self in the right one and pace the race correctly and it will be a much more “enjoyable”
Experience.

A focused marathon block gets her 4:02 and unfocused one 4:13… but both she sets off like the a rocket! Why????? I wish someone could ask her I would really like to hear her reasoning - she can’t honestly be that delusional that she thinks she can maintain that pace???

Set off at 4:15 pace and see if you have anything left in the tank at then end of push it! Might give her better results
But if you ‘WANT IT’ enough anything is possible! 💃 Even a pace that you can hardly hold for a 10k is achievable over 26 miles 💃💃💃🥳🥳🥳🎲🎲🎲

Like this is her third EVER fastest 10k time over god knows how many years of intense 60 plus miles a week training. And it was THREE years ago. In what world does that translate to a 3.30 marathon or setting out on a marathon at an 8.18 pace?! Like it’s not even like she accidentally did that yesterday as it was downhill. It’s roughly the same pace everytime !

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Silly me saw her time on strava and thought of she hadn't done too badly...then I looked at the splits 🤦‍♀️ just why. Sensible training and setting off at the right pace with other runners targetting sub 4 so not getting swept up with faster runners and I'm sure she could do sub 4. Can't really blame the downhill start either as she always does the same thing. I'm mostly disgusted that they flew there :oops: I know it's a long way but if a UK race wasn't manageable on a train I just wouldn't do it, yes that also means I wouldn't travel to Northern Ireland for a race and I'm close enough to an airport that I could get to Belfast faster than I could get to where Welloggs lives.

Silly me saw her time on strava and thought of she hadn't done too badly...then I looked at the splits 🤦‍♀️ just why. Sensible training and setting off at the right pace with other runners targetting sub 4 so not getting swept up with faster runners and I'm sure she could do sub 4. Can't really blame the downhill start either as she always does the same thing. I'm mostly disgusted that they flew there :oops: I know it's a long way but if a UK race wasn't manageable on a train I just wouldn't do it, yes that also means I wouldn't travel to Northern Ireland for a race and I'm close enough to an airport that I could get to Belfast faster than I could get to where Welloggs lives.
They are a disgusting pair of individuals

I saw her at the start when I was putting my bag on the lorry and got so excited mainly to see how hard she bonked!! 😂 the weather was ludicrous 🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

• Haha
I’m pretty sure they are so wrapped up in themselves and their social media fawners that they are unaware of climate change, cost of living crisis, the war on Gaza (and before people come at me, yes I do also condemn Hammas), the general election…it’s all about them.

• Sick
For reference the splits were:
1st half - 1.52
2nd half - 2.22
Excellent execution once again🥳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I finished over an hour slower than her when I ran it 2 years ago and had no issues with receiving a medal, there were plenty of buses going (though the queues were quite substantial, that's fair, but that's going to happen when you're moving ~35k people plus their supporters about. Looking at this article all three of these ladies who contributed to it were within 10 - 20 minutes of the cut off/sweep time. So why does it affect little Kelloggs who was home by the time they'd all finished?

Like I said, when I finished in ~5:20 when I ran it, there were plenty of people still around, bananas and water etc., we walked about 15 minutes to the car that my OH had parked nearby so no issues getting back to our hotel (except the expected traffic). Wonder what went so wrong this year then?

Reactions: 1
I’ve heard a lot of reports that it was a disaster so I don’t think it’s just her having a moan. I think a lot of the big events company style race organisers seem to be trying to cut corners/cost and sometimes it’s just a disaster

I finished over an hour slower than her when I ran it 2 years ago and had no issues with receiving a medal, there were plenty of buses going (though the queues were quite substantial, that's fair, but that's going to happen when you're moving ~35k people plus their supporters about. Looking at this article all three of these ladies who contributed to it were within 10 - 20 minutes of the cut off/sweep time. So why does it affect little Kelloggs who was home by the time they'd all finished?

Like I said, when I finished in ~5:20 when I ran it, there were plenty of people still around, bananas and water etc., we walked about 15 minutes to the car that my OH had parked nearby so no issues getting back to our hotel (except the expected traffic). Wonder what went so wrong this year then?
I didn't have any issues the year I did the half either.
I’ve heard a lot of reports that it was a disaster so I don’t think it’s just her having a moan. I think a lot of the big events company style race organisers seem to be trying to cut corners/cost and sometimes it’s just a disaster
Having done the half in 2018, I don't think they have cut costs/corners, they have always laid the bags on the grass, there have always been queues for the buses, running out of medals is new but when I did London they had run out of t-shirts 🤷‍♀️. I don't think it's anything new, I just think the bad weather made it feel a lot worse. And reading the screenshots above it sounds like they (or was it just her?) queued for the local bus rather than go to the race shuttle. The local buses would have been on a Sunday schedule which probably meant she had a longer wait than if she had walked to the shuttle buses.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.