Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's having, what I presume, is her first go at outdoor swimming today. With Jemma with a J in tow.
I am really looking forward to her doing this triathlon! No disrespect to someone trying something new, but maybe go for something more bite size for your first go?! Her swim does not look strong, and this is in a virtually static body of water, really not much more than a cold open air pool.

Reactions: 4
Those videos are priceless. The arm circles 😂😂😂 also is it normal to breathe on literally every other stroke? Seems like a lot or is that to check where she is going?

• Haha
She's having, what I presume, is her first go at outdoor swimming today. With Jemma with a J in tow.
I am really looking forward to her doing this triathlon! No disrespect to someone trying something new, but maybe go for something more bite size for your first go?! Her swim does not look strong, and this is in a virtually static body of water, really not much more than a cold open air pool.
There are a few smaller triathalons that would be accessible to her in the area (if she can get to Berkeley and Gloucester easy enough), such as Cheltenham Tri Festival (pool swim with several distances), 51Fiver Triathalon (Cirencester, standard distance and lake swim), Westonbirt Sprint Triathalon (pool swim), and if she must do a longer distance there's the Wild Boar in Cromhall which does 70.3 and Olympic distances with a lake swim... I could go on...

Reactions: 3
I think (not a swimmer) that in triathlon they do tend to have the head up more than in traditional front crawl so they can see where they're going and dodging other swimmers...maybe? I can't do any form of front crawl though so would be happy with a version where I was breathing that often if i was actually managing to keep it up but I know it's not the most efficient option. Funniest bit for me was the music choice...

I think (not a swimmer) that in triathlon they do tend to have the head up more than in traditional front crawl so they can see where they're going and dodging other swimmers...maybe? I can't do any form of front crawl though so would be happy with a version where I was breathing that often if i was actually managing to keep it up but I know it's not the most efficient option. Funniest bit for me was the music choice...
not really, you need a good body posture in the water to avoid your legs from sinking and dragging you. You just need to sight every now and then depending on your orientation skills. In a proper tri OW, follow the people is good enough XD, considering you are not the first.

Ah OK, just thought it never looked quite as smooth as crawl in the pool but I swim like a granny so wouldn't know.

Reactions: 2
It’s ok- her running and cycling is STRONG 🧱

Just watching the stories - I’m not sure what to say. I’m not a swimmer myself but I have my own children who have swam at both county and then one so far regional level. I’m not sure what to say about the technique 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
But if swimming is your nemesis, why choose a middle distance tri as your first? there are loads of other shorter distances, pool swims etc to get started with!

Reactions: 8
But if swimming is your nemesis, why choose a middle distance tri as your first? there are loads of other shorter distances, pool swims etc to get started with!
She is probably just delusional, as always.

OMG what at awful technique on that swim 😱

• Haha
Swansea is about two months away and this is her first ‘dip’ for how long? Ten mins?! And about squat diddly outdoor long rides. On one hand kinda admire her giving it a go, but the training math isn’t mathing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She can barely lift her arms out of the water 😬
I am really working on this at the moment with my swimming, and a whole host of other things too! She needs to get herself down to some coached swim sessions (she doesn’t seem to like to join training groups in general tho)

Well I think it’s safe to say that she won’t be breaking any records for her swim pace or style, and I hope she starts at the back instead of her usual self-placement as an elite because she’s in for a huge shock when proficient OW swimmers are all crowded round her. Why would you do this as your first ever tri???

I am the same as others, really working on my Swimming. I had a tri coach 1-2-1 for sessions to improve my pull, and overall technique.

That was very humbling!

I have gone from 50m blowing out of my backside, to 1km.

I live by the sea, however, I will not go in it, until I can swim 2km unaided, I don't trust my ability to get out of a pickle if cramp sets in, or the tide turns etc.

Her technique is absolutely awful, the arms, dragging out of the water, terrible body shape. She will struggle big time.

I swim bilateral, and have noticed that a lot of tri swimmers, swim one side, so that is not a huge issue for her. However, her head being that hight up is awful, she only needs to spot every 6 strokes, and then it is a little glance.

She is going to tank this for sure.

We all know she’s going to DNS, go into hiding for a few days, and never mention it again, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've had a few people ask me about having a go at triathlon (as in one of the local sprint ones with a pool) and have said absolutely not to save myself the embarrassment of doggy paddling at the back. We have a local triathlon club though that I know is very beginner friendly and does coached swim sessions so if I was desperate to give it a go that's where I'd start, I wouldn't start with an ironman :ROFLMAO:

We all know she’s going to DNS, go into hiding for a few days, and never mention it again, right?
Nah she'll definitely start it and know she won't finish, so it'll be a DNF with the caption "I tried my best and gave it a shot, because trying something new is better than not at all" and then wank over the influx of "oh hun you're so inspiration" :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6