Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
---
Am I right in saying that Edinburgh starts with a downhill section?
[/QUOTE]
Yep, it’s actually a really tit course IMO. Starts in the city centre, downhill for the first section then pretty flat after that but dull AF. Plus there’s ALWAYS a headwind last 6 miles - you know, the bit where she usually goes blind! Crowd support is poor a lot of it too, as it’s basically in the middle of nowhere. It’s not the big city marathon people often expect it to be

Reactions: 6
Yep, it’s actually a really tit course IMO. Starts in the city centre, downhill for the first section then pretty flat after that but dull AF. Plus there’s ALWAYS a headwind last 6 miles - you know, the bit where she usually goes blind! Crowd support is poor a lot of it too, as it’s basically in the middle of nowhere. It’s not the big city marathon people often expect it to be
[/QUOTE]
I have done the half and that's the nicer half of the race, crowd support was practically nonexistent as it was an 8am start on a Sunday morning, there was one wee girl running alongside us telling us she wanted to run it one day.

Reactions: 2
I can’t wait for the footage of tits stood on the hill at mile two saying how’s she’s on for a BQ as she’s just shot past with her vision at 20/20 levels 😎😎👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wonder what happens in 16+ mins of good old elapsed time? Just standing in the road chewing the fat with dad? In the middle of a training run🥴 perhaps she could pop round to his house if she wants to catch up. Poor kids spending bank holiday cheering mum doing a training jog. Deary me

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah, Edinburgh is tougher than people think because 1) you always go too fast on the downhill section which is never great at the start of a marathon 2) it's out and back 3) it's low on support 4) mile 17/18 sees a gravel section where your dreams can disappear down the pot holes and 5) final section in to the wind

She is going to die!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, Edinburgh is tougher than people think because 1) you always go too fast on the downhill section which is never great at the start of a marathon 2) it's out and back 3) it's low on support 4) mile 17/18 sees a gravel section where your dreams can disappear down the pot holes and 5) final section in to the wind

She is going to die!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Sums it up perfectly! 😁👌

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is this why Kirsty said already she will just run for fun with no goal? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I thought the course and crowd support at Edinburgh was really good tbh 😅 though the only other marathon I've had any involvement in was Chester and that course is wank, with hardly any support.

Anyone fancy a watch party? Essential kit for attendance includes;

- Thong (partners preferred)
- Lactate test strips
- Slab of cake for after the event (group run style - nutrition. on. point.)
- White stick and guide dog
- Don't worry about anything for hydration or carb loading - this isn't important, a bottle of coke will do.
- 3 missing teeth
- A pile of your finest kitchen clutter and unwashed dishes

Am I missing anything?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Anyone fancy a watch party? Essential kit for attendance includes;

- Thong (partners preferred)
- Lactate test strips
- Slab of cake for after the event (group run style - nutrition. on. point.)
- White stick and guide dog
- Don't worry about anything for hydration or carb loading - this isn't important, a bottle of coke will do.
- 3 missing teeth
- A pile of your finest kitchen clutter and unwashed dishes

Am I missing anything?
Partner on a bike next to you yelling “want it”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
3 missing teeth has me 💀💀💀

Don’t forget to make your children watch it too, weekends are not for them, it’s for your hobbies.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
These are hilarious!

Make sure you’re dripping head to toe in Buff gear that you won’t wear ever again after the party . 😎

• Haha