Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #14 Going all in is getting long in the (dead) tooth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s definitely injured, she reckons she only did the warm up and cool down because she’s being good/sensible. She put an angel emoji on her Strava title. Lying twit. She’s injured and hiding it yet again!

Reactions: 7
I’m going with double zwift today and swim tonight because what else is there to do when you’ve had a busy day at work, a family to feed and all the housework to share with your bf before a crammed w/e of family activities?

🤔😐

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Was it half term for the Welloggs kids or is that next week? Not that you can ever tell from the day trips, it’s all about Kells and FTT
---
Sorry to double post but Kells has given us a boomerang of her cycling in the kitchen, stupid blowing out the cheeks like she’s worked really hard. Tagged her Triathlon coach, Ironman guy and thank goodness, he is used to dealing with elite athletes. Tried to find his prices - £183 per month one on one, or £179 for a. 12 week plan.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Brrrrr all these coaches / coaching / testing / gear (with no idea)

Maybe I’m a simpleton but duck me- it’s not rocket science is it??? To train (amateur style) for a marathon/ tri etc really is common sense. These clowns absolutely blow my mind with what a stressful, overly complicated and expensive miseryfest they seem to make it!

Seems like they overcomplicate it cause they don’t like the truth.
Which in Kels case it to put the work in, cut down the stupid mileage, get your easy miles easy and work on your speed and do weekly long runs without stopping all the time, and in FTT’s case it to cut the stupid mileage and the stupid lactate testing and do some bleeping strength work.
But no, we’ll continue to enjoy the bonkathon for ever.

Seems like they overcomplicate it cause they don’t like the truth.
Which in Kels case it to put the work in, cut down the stupid mileage, get your easy miles easy and work on your speed and do weekly long runs without stopping all the time, and in FTT’s case it to cut the stupid mileage and the stupid lactate testing and do some bleeping strength work.
But no, we’ll continue to enjoy the bonkathon for ever.
How much are you charging for that sort of advice? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So it seems that Ironman Josh also like double threshold sessions and doing multiple workouts in day. The thing is he’s a bleeping elite. His Ironman pb is a shade under 9 hours. Not convinced that our Kel would even make the cutoffs at this point.

I wonder if he sets her (for a vast sum which she is then wasting via her sheer stupidity) sensible sessions and then she adds on shite because she sees what he does and imagines herself as some Chrissie or Lucy figure running through the ribbon at Kona.

Who knows? Either way, it’s embarrassing to see her pay either amount to an IM coach when she can’t even run a bleeping marathon without bonking.

Surely if you nearly went blind in your last marathon, you’d sort out how you approach one sport rather than trying three at once. It’s almost as if she made it up…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Surely if you were diabetic and saw yourself as a type 1 role model, who almost went blind in your last marathon, you would concentrate on diet and nutrition and post about that. Interesting posts about trial and error, understanding the science behind it. Or you could just repost an ACTUAL type 1 role models post about diabetes on your stories and then continue on with your tit and inappropriate diet. Again, if you didn’t know better, you’d think it never happened

I do wonder how many people who swear they are high milage runners are actually just disordered. I saw a tiktok recently with someone saying they are a high milage runner and need high milage to run well… but in the same breath said they’d cut down their milage recently and got faster…
Make it make sense

Surely if you nearly went blind in your last marathon, you’d sort out how you approach one sport rather than trying three at once. It’s almost as if she made it up…
Yeah but that’s not rolling to dice isn’t? You’ve got to want it and I clearly feel you don’t want it enough because it’s all about embarrassing the body

When you actually think about it properly (rather than just go, oh there’s that moron while doing a million other things searching Vinted for some very specific leggings), it’s so, so embarrassing. Hundreds of thousands of people complete marathons and IM each year (the majority on their own, looking at table style plans on the internet). They fit training around work, family, housework, holidays, unexpected emergencies. It’s tit at times, but if it’s your “thing” then you cobble it together and get round.

She does nothing but train. Nothing. What makes her think that this is worthy of an account? I would be mortified if it was me, having an account like that, paying an elite coach so much money yet failing time and time again to even get round without injury (my current injuries btw are fall related not overtraining related🤣).

Does she honestly think this year, this attempt, this time will be different? There’s that tit motivational quote about insanity and repeating the same behaviour but really in this case…

• Heart
When you actually think about it properly (rather than just go, oh there’s that moron while doing a million other things searching Vinted for some very specific leggings), it’s so, so embarrassing. Hundreds of thousands of people complete marathons and IM each year (the majority on their own, looking at table style plans on the internet). They fit training around work, family, housework, holidays, unexpected emergencies. It’s tit at times, but if it’s your “thing” then you cobble it together and get round.

She does nothing but train. Nothing. What makes her think that this is worthy of an account? I would be mortified if it was me, having an account like that, paying an elite coach so much money yet failing time and time again to even get round without injury (my current injuries btw are fall related not overtraining related🤣).

Does she honestly think this year, this attempt, this time will be different? There’s that tit motivational quote about insanity and repeating the same behaviour but really in this case…
She couldn't run 10k without bonking at the moment yet she's talking about Edinburgh marathon in May and an Ironman in the summer. She is deluded. I'm glad she got herself a coach but she should have got one suitable for her abilities, ie complete novice, she's just throwing money down the drain with this coach. And as for FTT, if he cut his mileage and did some long slow runs and took some rest days he probably find he improves. I say probably because his disordered eating on rest days might negate that, but doing all the miles to outrun his disordered eating while carrying some niggles is a recipe for disaster.

• Heart
Training for an IM and a marathon are totally different, why doesn’t she just focus on one of them. Both are are huge commitment training but full IM training is on another level - is she doing a 70.3 or full?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.