Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #13 Valencia, I think we have a problem!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suggestion: What will die first, operation sub-220 or the rotting tooth?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
They aren’t salty balls (well, they are salty and they are ball-shaped), they are cheesy bites 🤓😎.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
They aren’t salty balls (well, they are salty and they are ball-shaped), they are cheesy bites 🤓😎.

Salty balls sounds better though 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Wait, what?

Matt reckons zone 2 heart rate runs only feel easy for untrained athletes. If you are a well trained athlete a zone 2 run will feel steady and more taxing. Should they? That doesn't sound right.

Sure, heart rate zones set up right are all individual, but as far as I'm aware, no matter how fast you are, a zone 2 run should feel easy and at a conversational pace with a lower heart rate. Or am I wrong?

425317496_18410013601031420_830324865367574653_n.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Wait, what?

Matt reckons zone 2 heart rate runs only feel easy for untrained athletes. If you are a well trained athlete a zone 2 run will feel steady and more taxing. Should they? That doesn't sound right.

Sure, heart rate zones set up right are all individual, but as far as I'm aware, no matter how fast you are, a zone 2 run should feel easy and at a conversational pace with a lower heart rate. Or am I wrong?

View attachment 2728669
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. He contradicts himself about how RPE is so important but then says z2 will feel harder in a more trained athlete. So how is RPE relevant? He continues to have no idea....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m so confused as a non- elite runner here perhaps I’m wrong but I thought the point of all this zone 2 running approach regardless of ability was that it was supposed to be easy on the body and that is the whole point of them? Chance for your body to recover. Chance for your body to prepare for harder runs . Chance for your body to adapt .
I didn’t think it was a trained athlete v and untrained athlete thing. I thought zone 2 / low HR was what it said on the tin. Easy. Period.

Reactions: 10
Zone 2 doesn’t feel easy for him cos he’s permanently fucked from overtraining (and dragging a dead tooth around). The man is an idiot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Any interesting comments in response to this ludicrous post? I'm blocked but intrigued if this nonsense is waking more followers up to what an absolute knob this man is?

Reactions: 4
This is all an excuse to run all his runs at a higher intensity to account for the binges and other unhealthy behaviours. If it’s easy then it will be easy. You RPE will be low. You can recovery quickly. Under no circumstances should it feel “steady” unless you’re over cooking it. I said a few days ago, the lactate thing is an excuse to go balls out more often than not. He should not be coaching others.

Reactions: 9
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. He contradicts himself about how RPE is so important but then says z2 will feel harder in a more trained athlete. So how is RPE relevant? He continues to have no idea....
I was going to say exactly the same thing, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about 🤣.
I saw someone questioning his Z2 as it goes up to 150bpm, and I'm assuming this is why he posted this.

Reactions: 5
I think we spoke about this a few pages back but he uses this method
Yeah, I brought this up before. What’s baffling is that he can’t seem to understand why people are confused about his Zone 2 training — it’s because he’s using something outside the standard 5 HR zones but can’t manage to explain it correctly. The only reason I’ve ever heard about this method is from an experienced coach using it with some of his professional athletes

Reactions: 6
I do agree that going off a watch is likely to be inaccurate. The rest is bollocks and he has too much of an ego to just slow the duck down.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know I’ve said it either here or on the generic insta runners thread but it’s a hill I’m willing to die on - wrist based optical HR is great and just as accurate as arm strap optical HR or traditional chest strap, but the fit is vital. DC Rainmaker has a shed load of data to prove it. Chest straps are designed for male bodies, so are usually tit for women with big boobs because the bra band gets in the way. *End of rant!*

In terms of the zones - I don’t think he has a proper grasp on what he is doing, which is why he can’t explain it properly. Above I think he is switching between talking about heart rate zones and lactate zones. They are two different units of measure. He may as well be talking about miles per hour and knots.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In terms of the zones - I don’t think he has a proper grasp on what he is doing, which is why he can’t explain it properly. Above I think he is switching between talking about heart rate zones and lactate zones. They are two different units of measure. He may as well be talking about miles per hour and knots.
I'm wondering if he has changed his HR zones to match his LT zones so when it's showing Z2 it's LT zone 2 not HR. It still doesn't explain why he does no easy runs?

I know I’ve said it either here or on the generic insta runners thread but it’s a hill I’m willing to die on - wrist based optical HR is great and just as accurate as arm strap optical HR or traditional chest strap, but the fit is vital. DC Rainmaker has a shed load of data to prove it. Chest straps are designed for male bodies, so are usually tit for women with big boobs because the bra band gets in the way. *End of rant!*

I'm so glad you confirmed the part that was really confusing me. He is referencing two totally different "zones"... is that correct? Or am I still confused? 😂 in my head he doesn't know the difference between them so can't explain or doesn't actually realise they are different... hang on... no I'm confused again! 😂

He's a coach don't you know!!

• Haha
Kelly biking club night, definitely an injury, no sign of mahoosive hot chocolates, maybe Tits has banned them as they have too many calories.

Reactions: 3
Yeah he’s using a difference zone terminology to what most people use and know as zone 2. Zone 2 in most people’s worlds is easy / low HR, but he’s talking about a zone related to his lactate threshold. I would typically call my lactate threshold pace as the comfortably hard kind of pace which I could hold for a hour. This would typically be a bit faster than my half marathon pace but slower than 10k. Including these runs are a main part of my Mara training. But I do one a week not 34566 that tits does.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.