Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boarddotie

VIP Member
It wouldn’t be good enough for the ‘gram, and no escape from the fam!
Valencia she ran, to escape from the fam, her pace went bam, gained sympathy on the 'gram, her diabetes was to blame, her excuses were lame, commenters didn't mean to shame, simply questioned her coaching game, dissenters were blocked, her follower list is locked, her gurning we mocked, none of us are shocked, her blood glucose is now focked, another roll of the dice, while the house crawls with lice, the kids plead with old Saint Nick "a BQ for Mom will do the trick."

• Haha
Reactions: 25

eyethinkyousuck

Chatty Member
IMG_9691.jpeg

Ffs that comment. Get a fucking grip and stop blowing smoke up her arse. “Blind praise isn’t exactly helping either.” 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 24

eyethinkyousuck

Chatty Member
Can you imagine being their kids? “We did it all for you kids!” “The fuck you did. You did it for yourselves.”

In good news, whenever I start a run too fast from now on, I will have “Rucked it up”. That’s one for urban dictionary. 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Wannabrunner39

Chatty Member
Dazruns knows his shit! Are the comments still there?! Truth is she won’t improve repeating the same shit on a rinse , repeat cycle. Is this her fifth/ sixth marathon now within this BQ cycle?! Aside from Amsterdam which I still think would have been shitter if tits hadn’t been there, they’ve all gone the same way. Belt it out like a bunny from a box, walk the end like a sloth. There was Berlin, London , Newport and god knows where else. She hasn’t got the endurance and all her training runs with elapsed times do t serve her any purpose come race day when you can’t stop the clock.
I’ve done two marathons, and at the risk of sounding like like a broken record. I did the first in 4.05 but I guess you could say I ‘bonked the last 10k’ as I was on for a sub 4 but it’s true when they say the marathon starts at mile 20. So I went away and reflected. I decided to book in again with the knowledge in mind that I’d struggled beyond mile 20. I slowed my long runs down, spent more time in my feet , wasn’t bothered about how my runs looked on strava, made sure I did some runs with marathon pace , like not 10 minute Marathon pace efforts but good solid runs. I enjoyed my runs, I didn’t over complicate them with ridiculous 20 second efforts or pepper them with ‘3 miles strong’ or whatever bullshit she comes out with and I walked away with 3.50 a year later.
That’s not a paragraph to show I’m faster than Kelly. I have a similar background I bet. No interest in running until about six years ago, ex smoker (well until 15 years ago!) three children etc. I think the difference is, I enjoy it, I do like doing well but it’s not incentive to run and probably do better because I put no pressure on myself .
Where you’re a 38 minute 5k runner or an 18 minute 5k runner, if you enjoy it, your kids think you’re amazing , then you’re a winner in my non elite coaching eyes!

Reactions: 22

Fraggle Rock

We are on our way back from Fraggle land after doing the Fraggle festivities and caught up with Mr Fraggles running club mates, including the group who went to Valencia 😊 Three of them started in the same wave/pen and true to form she started towards the front 🙄 One of the girls who was hoping to go sub 3.15 was originally further back but saw her and was like, nah- no way- and moved ahead of her. The two others started at the back as they hadn't broken 3.25, and said that the whole pen passed her. One of the other runners either started in the pen behind, or two pens behind and passed her at the 19/20 mile mark to run a massive sub 4 hr PB. Apparently she looked like thunder, Tits looked like he'd rather be anywhere else from the start, and the Dad looked bored as hell 🙈 Apparently the photo of them at the end was purely performative #allforthegram

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Runningdietitian

So she showed her Libre data of her blood glucose levels. They were perfectly fine before she set off and then shot up which is a classic sign of stress (I.e. went way too fast!) Also possible she didn't have enough insulin on board to start with.
Yes, it's likely she felt like shite but a) shows her total lack of prep. Usually a type 1 diabetic prepping for a race will be advised to do a dry run of setting off at goal pace and seeing how the body responds and then tweaking things b) her complete idiocy because bloods like that are a sign that the body is struggling with a lack of insulin which can quickly develop to major dehydration and a DKA which is life threatening. The fact she kept going shows her total selfishness. If she had collapsed that would have been an IV fluids and dextrose moment on the course. Full on medical emergency. But it's ok cos Kells wanted a BQ. More important. Poor kids. And then to literally slate everyone giving well meaning "criticism" and stating noone understands. Looking at her total inability to manage her diabetes when running as often as she does shows her total lack of understanding! Twat....

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Fraggle Rock

And this is why I will never have an ounce of respect for her. Kelly you have monetised yourself, and your family. Essentially we are your employers, or shareholders at least. If we didn't watch your Vlogs, follow you on insta and Strava you would have no brand, no means to get all those freebies, no paid for trips, and no coaching clients. Just like any other job, if people are investing in something then they will voice their opinions, especially when they can see things going wrong or things have gone wrong. If this is how you choose to "earn" a living then you need to accept it's part of the package. If I fuck up in work, I fully expect to be pulled up about it even if whatever has gone wrong isn't my fault. Why should you be any different? Everyone would have far more respect for you if you owned your mistakes (e.g your nonsensical training, unrealistic goals) and would be much more willing to build you back up when things go wrong that are out of your control. If people voicing (constructive, or non constructive) opinions that you don't like is something that you can't handle then being a public figure is really not the right job for you. If you want to be treated like a professional then you need to start acting like one.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe Tits will put an appeal out for footage, like he does with all own races. ‘Anyone with footage of Kels crying at miles 9-26 please send it to me in landscape’ (or portrait or whatever the fuck his usual cringeworthy demands are)

• Haha
Reactions: 19

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
I’m sorry. There is absolutely no way a diabetic who lives off cake, donuts and Greggs can play this card as her excuse this time. Sorry love, just fuck off. You trained badly and raced badly. And probably fuelled your body badly too. End of.

Reactions: 19