Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #13 Valencia, I think we have a problem!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah he’s using a difference zone terminology to what most people use and know as zone 2. Zone 2 in most people’s worlds is easy / low HR, but he’s talking about a zone related to his lactate threshold. I would typically call my lactate threshold pace as the comfortably hard kind of pace which I could hold for a hour. This would typically be a bit faster than my half marathon pace but slower than 10k. Including these runs are a main part of my Mara training. But I do one a week not 34566 that tits does.
I understand what you are saying but what I don't understand is why he thinks his zone 2 lactate threshold pace equates to his easy pace? Is it just because he's a knob and doesn't really understand it, or is there some science behind it? He is really is going all in for another stress fracture.

Reactions: 5
I'm wondering if he has changed his HR zones to match his LT zones so when it's showing Z2 it's LT zone 2 not HR. It still doesn't explain why he does no easy runs?
Easy runs are only for those who don’t WANT IT
---
I understand what you are saying but what I don't understand is why he thinks his zone 2 lactate threshold pace equates to his easy pace? Is it just because he's a knob and doesn't really understand it, or is there some science behind it? He is really is going all in for another stress fracture.
Did he actually say it’s his easy pace? I don’t think he does. But it’s bollocks about someone’s zone 2 (in his terms) feeling easier in untrained athletes as it’s just all relative. Your zones shift as you get fitter they aren’t static. Ie my threshold pace varies depending on my fitness so the “zone” should always be the same level of RPE, just the pace might be different to hit that RPE.

That’s where his bit on untrained athletes feeling zone 2 is harder does not make sense if he’s saying work to RPE…..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve completely lost the plot. I’m in the twilight zone. Happy to calculate watts though if anyone wants 🤓.

He’s tagged in the cafe to his run club story (of course he had to be in front) so hot chocolate was definitely on the menu.

I’m feeling a South Park reference is on the horizon.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
In short he’s massively over complicating and confusing himself and his followers. I’m sure an elite athlete or coach would never say that if we all run to a certain RPE that the poor untrained athletes will find the same level of RPE harder than an elite. I mean listen to yourself Tits. It makes NO SENSE. RPE is the same whether you are elite or not. Just the pace that gets you to that RPE will differ. twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Their conversations must be so boring. Comparing zones, calculating hot chocolate calories, and discussing camera angles for their kitchen sweat-fests. Those poor kids in that house.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The method he is using comes from cycling. That screen grab I took was from Loughboroughs cycling team website.

Reactions: 6
I think he just picks and chooses things from different sources to allow him to justify loads of high intensity running. It feeds the exercise addiction that I suspect has taken over from the eating disorder.

• Sad
I am no expert, but they both definitely don't have enough rest in their training schedules

I think he just picks and chooses things from different sources to allow him to justify loads of high intensity running. It feeds the exercise addiction that I suspect has taken over from the eating disorder.
I think this is exactly it. I think he won’t run easy as he’s almost worried he won’t get the benefit and just wants to hammer every run all of the time

He’s got 54km to go in three days to hit his 80 mile target this week. So I’m guessing no rest days this week and lots of complaints next week that his legs are tired etc.

• Sad
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.