Welsh Runner, Kelloggs on the Run #9 embarrass the body, homemade gels result in stress fractures & no PB bell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was the duathlon a DNS or is it coming up? Personally I’d just be concentrating on the long runs 🤷🏻‍♂️ unless crocked 😨

Reactions: 2
I probably shouldn’t say this but there must be a little bit of Kels worried that Tits will try it on with Anya…?! I mean their started with an ASICS jolly when she was still with someone else so you never know… …

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What a great bank holiday evening for her kids - watch Mum and Tiny Teeth parade around pretending they are elite athletes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What’s she predicting for herself if she’s put herself in wave 1 does anyone know?! 🤣
Only becauee I see the words Wave 1 and we know she thinks she’s better than she is - it’s hard not to presume she’s stuck herself in there with the sub 20 runners or something 🤣

Pllluuss I thought she had a niggle/ injury?! 🤣

• Haha
Wave 1 will be the “slower” athletes so she’s not overdoing it there. They won’t let anyone enter unless they can do under 30 minutes for a 5k. Presumably Tits is in the second wave so they can hand the kids between them. He must be racing it, his ego won’t let him spectate.
interesting she said she has signed up as the entry lists are online and she’s not on them. Probably too busy dot watching the Barkley Marathon (notice she storied that yesterday, as she does with all big races)

Reactions: 4
I think a 5k pb during marathon training can happen at her level, she just needs to increase aerobic capacity, she is not fast enough that she needs much speed work. Upping mileage for marathon training will be enough…but she would benefit more if she cut out the junk miles and ran her actually easy pace.
---
She would also benefit from addressing her arm carry…it’s woeful.

Reactions: 3
Right you lot! We need a new thread title so lets get some suggestions thrown out there! I'll start...

'coaches tiny teeth and nutella, the Poundland version of an instagram run coaching couple'

'I'll take 2 greggs doughnuts, 24 VERY tiny teeth and one hypo please'

• Haha
I do think a 5k pb can happen at most levels during Mara training. But I’m not sure targeting a 5k pb the week before your marathon makes any sense

Reactions: 7
Looking at her training she peaked in February so
Screenshot_20230317-082720.png
a 5k PB is looking more achievable than a BQ!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If you’re doing a mara with a previous history of bonking around 20 miles/ fading at end - the absolute priority in training should be consistent LONG runs eh. Proper 20+. You’d think wellogs the training wizards would have this covered eh? Erm. Is it not almost taper time? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I fear this will get lost in the new thread but - she’s running the Fission 20 today; local 20 mile race. It’s good for speed, flat and no wind this way today. But that’s still another 20 miles to put on top of the 23 already ran this week.

Someone else racing it is amyrosannaruns - two kids under … 3? Balances family life with runs / buggy runs and sensible S&C sessions.

Runs considerably fewer miles than Kelly, might have started from a higher performance base but will probably out perform Kelly by 30 minutes I’d reckon.

At this point in the week, she’s run more miles than me and I’m not battling a niggle/ injury. 😳🤣I have a marathon the same weekend / day . I’m glad that I pay no attention to her training as I’d be feeling seriously rubbish about mine right now with her crazy mileage.
However as with most of us on here - my input to results ratio is far better than hers 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.