Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Runningdietitian

All we get on Instagram is trust the p

💯 never bank time in a marathon what feels easy mile 12 feels horrific mile 22
My 20 mile race today. A full time working mum of a 4 year old who does not claim to know all about running and is fully in the real world about what pace she is capable of.

Don't mind me. Just off to introduce Wellogs to the idea of pacing! 👌

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

zetta buttons

VIP Member
He’s unhidden all his training pre race on strava hasn’t he?
Fucking knew it. Melt.

81 miles to 67 miles last to 41 miles this week then.
I don’t begrudge anyone celebrating, of course not. A marathon (actually any event) is tough and to complete it in a time that you are proud of is worth celebrating.

However, he stated a while ago that he wanted 2.20. He didn’t achieve that. Somewhere along the line his goal changed (again, which is fine) but he never stated why or explained himself.

He decided quite obviously that he wanted to put himself out there after the London thing. I know someone who is a) better than him and b) took his place in a track ultra. He has no running sm profile even though he could rake in freebies. Matt decided to take this route, he could have gone private if he wanted. If he has a public running persona, states that he is a “sportsperson” on Instagram and is a coach then people look to him for advice and support. He hides his training, hides his injuries and doesn’t answer questions. In addition to this, if people ask him things that he doesn’t like he gets snarky and blocks them. This isn’t what a runner who wants to be elite and help others does.

So Matt, when you read here understand why we are being harsh about your celebration. It isn’t about being mean per se. It is about your behaviour leading up to it. We want to be pleased for you, but we can’t when you act like a child and not the professional you claim to be.

Reactions: 24

EC1A

Omg! The London marathon elite women lineup has just been released and Kels isn’t on it. Is there a mistake?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Fraggle Rock

I was in the gym yesterday and overheard a conversation between two young lads about what running influencers they were following/should follow. One of them mentioned WT and the other said "Nah, my Dad says he's a cunt".... I was weak :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

runlondon21

Her, on the other hand, is not even a talanted amateur. Her times are appauling for someone looking to coach, and how on earth aany company could look at those times and link to her branding is beyond me. She is talentless, and below average at all distances.

Nothing wrong with this, but for the love of god, please do not think that you have the ability and skill to coach others.
Can we stop time bashing please? I don’t like Kelly or WR, but I would hate for someone to be reading this and striving for around 4 hours to be told it’s “appalling” and “below average.” As I replied to the comment above, coaching relies on so many other skills than being fast. It really ticks me off that people think you are unworthy to coach others because you haven’t hit some arbitrary time goal someone has somehow determined makes you “good enough.” Coaching relies on a host of soft skills that someone like Tits could never hope to have.

Why does times have to do with branding anyway? The amateur market is huge. Why wouldn’t brands want to appeal to them? (Unless you’re Sasky and have chosen to be elitist).

Sorry for the double rant, but I’m so sick of this attitude in the running community and I’m so sick of people trying to bring others down because of the times they achieve. Everyone should strive for times that are good for them, and let them be bloody proud of them. We should be celebrating achievements across the time spectrum, not tearing people down.

Rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Zerothree

I think Matt and Kelly are unlikely to ever be good coaches (i.e. they are terrible coaches) not based on run times, but for 3 main reasons:

1. They have shown no clear evidence that they know how to consistently, systematically and SAFELY improve running times for themselves or others. Matt is a very talented runner who ran an amazing debut marathon as a newbie and has struggled to improve in the 6 or so years since (despite full-time commitment to running). Kelly is an average runner who has made modest but unimpressive gains considering the level of commitment, and makes running seem very difficult and not much fun. They both also burn themselves out to injury/exhaustion more often than not.

2. They are completely self-obsessed. Yes, they may claim to coach as one of their running-related "professions", but realistically they see themselves as athletes and content creators. With a few exceptions, almost everyone who becomes a YouTuber/Content Creator primarily focusing on documenting their own journey, is because they want the attention and spotlight on themselves. No issue with that, but the chances of you then being a committed and effective coach to others is slim.

3. They are both thicker than a diver's watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

frankie32

He makes me laugh so much! Now what? Yep you’re a fast club runner but you’re not elite by any stretch, you’ve not qualified to compete for wales or GB over the mara. You’ve made this your full time job, for many Olympians they still hold down a job while they train, Laura Muirs completed her vet training. If you were a nurse, an office worker a bin man boshing out a 2.25 I’d be impressed. 2.25 is impressive but for a man it doesn’t qualify you for anything. For the amount of effort he puts in it feels very sad!

• Heart

EC1A

I think Titty will PB at Valencia. Certainly not a 2:20 but maybe a 2:26.

…. and then what? Will this change his life in some incredible manner? No. I’m all for having challenging goals and wanting to achieve them but the way he talks it up is that it’s akin to winning the lottery.

The reality is he still won’t have a job, he’ll keep producing “content” about how he can go faster if he wears three chest straps in bed and adds emu oil to his homemade gels, and he’ll still have tiny teeth.

• Haha

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
She’s the worst full time runner in the world. He’s not as elite as he thinks he is. There’s no pensions, no career path, no assets, nothing to be proud of other than a free exercise bike and some hats in the cupboard. Yeah Kells, we all have the same 24 hours in a day and you two are pissing them away ✌🏻

• Heart

tallula09

A 5 minute marathon PB in 6 years of putting running above absolutely everything… no thanks! An unpaid hobby had turned into an absolute obsession on so many levels, feel so sorry for the kids!

Reactions: 18

igwhataloadof

Like others have said, these two just make me feel so crap. Actually, it’s not always even them, more the fawning people who comment and like everything they put out ‘you’re so inspirational’ 🤢
How is a couple (with children) hanging out together in a gym, in the middle of the day, inspirational? January blues have hit me hard. I’m busting my gut being back at work and barely see my other half as he commutes. It’s not even a rare opp of time they have together, it’s what they do all fucking day long.
Another luscious run in the trails….whilst most of their followers are back in miserable offices and would give anything to spend time during the day with their kids ☹
When will the bubble burst? I think their content is becoming really toxic and it affects me way more than it should.
I don’t know why I still follow them tbh.
Sorry - needed to get that off my chest!!

Reactions: 17

heroverthere

I watched most of it!
So his voice and teeth are incredibly annoying, I actually wanted to take my own eyes out and scratch my ears off. They both chat utter shit.

Firstly he’s like this is brilliant conditions for me as it’s cold… won’t Valencia be quite warm.
All he repeats is he is tired and feels like shit, doesn’t like doing fast 5k. Whole warm up is excuses.
then I skipped a bit because I got bored of Kelly randomly coming on to tell us boring stuff like he’s blaming a hobnob for feeling crap to then just watching his behind for most of it. He keeps checking his pace and she tells him not to.
he did say what he fuelled with including something Mauten andsomething I haven’t heard of.

he then finished saying he feels so awful but that’s what you feel like marathon training.. I can’t comment as I haven’t doneone yet but maybe he also feels shit because he’s embarrassing the body and overtraining and never taking a break after running a marathon. Like just rest for once, you won’t die if you don’t run!
You, are a legend for watching this.
The whole of Tattle respects you, have a lie down now, you deserve it.

• Heart

irunforfun

VIP Member
Some people are disproportionately faster in shorter distances compared with longer distances, and vice versa. I know a few track people who struggle with HMs (doing the training) and some marathon/ultra runners who have amazing endurance at incredible paces over many miles, but can’t run “fast” over short distances.
The problem with Kelly is that she has yet to accept:
1. some people just aren’t capable of running sub 4/3:30/3 etc
2. Running stupid miles with minimal/negative return won’t make you run faster
3. Her whole f’ing life is about running and if she hasn’t managed to crack training by now, she’s not going to (she does nothing else during the day, or evenings, or weekends…)
4. Marathon training isn’t just about miles and running.
5. life would feel far more fulfilling if she made friends, existed in real life, stopped begging for freebies and….stop trying to get gifted a BQ place (and package).
6. bonus one: if this is truly for Preston, do something truly meaningful to increase awareness, fund related charities etc.

• Heart

runderpants

What kind of Cunt shows all of his training and then hides his taper. Big fucking baby toothed tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lemming312

VIP Member
Throwing it back to 2021 when she posted her estimated times needed to BQ... Isn't this the year she planned to run Boston? #bqforpreston

Screenshot_20220721-221524.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16